Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X: stuck in TWRP! No os. Unmounted sd card.

have a problem with my one x. I cant get my phone out of TWRP. phone wont let me mount usb storage and computer does not see phone when usb is connected. already tried to connect phone to other computers and its a fail. this is how the story goes. i was going to wipe data on phone so that i can re install a nandroid backup, but i some how accidently erased everything like factory reset or something. when i realized i couldn't find my nandroid backup on phone. i tried to mount usb storage from twrp so that i could transfer files over to phone using computer, however phone does not even pop up on computer. almost as if usb is not even plugged in. I still have my nandroid backup but there is no way for me to transfer files to phone. adb and fastboot don't even seem to find device either. any suggestions guys?

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Htc one x stuck in twrp! No os. Unmounted sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by graffitiel87 View Post
    have a problem with my one x. I cant get my phone out of TWRP. phone wont let me mount usb storage and computer does not see phone when usb is connected. already tried to connect phone to other computers and its a fail. this is how the story goes. i was going to wipe data on phone so that i can re install a nandroid backup, but i some how accidently erased everything like factory reset or something. when i realized i couldn't find my nandroid backup on phone. i tried to mount usb storage from twrp so that i could transfer files over to phone using computer, however phone does not even pop up on computer. almost as if usb is not even plugged in. I still have my nandroid backup but there is no way for me to transfer files to phone. adb and fastboot don't even seem to find device either. any suggestions guys?
    Do you have HTC Drivers installed? Have you tried ADB Sideload?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I don't have htc drivers installed I thought maybe the google usb drivers would work in replacement for that. I also have problems on windows 8 when I install htc drivers and try fastbooting. that's why I haven't tried installing htc drivers. ive never actually used adb sideload, ive seen it on twrp under advanced setting but have no idea what its for or how to set that up for usage.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I also forgot to mention that im no longer using the same computer I used to root the phone with the first time. I sold my last computer due to issues with it. So is there even a chance that the new computer I bought will even recognize my one x? since im starting out fresh I mean.

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Is it running windows 8?

"The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yah right now im running windows 8 on laptop.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok so I finally fixed the problem. for some reason my phone didn't want to show up on computer, so this is what I did. I went to recovery twrp and erased sd card multiple times then I reset phone and went back into recovery. i don't know why but i just got this idea to try another type of usb cable, specifically one from a nabi 2 tablet. I had already tried different cables before but this one is a lot more thicker don't know if its for more current or just had a better connection. whatever was the case as soon as I plugged the damn thing in it recognized my phone and computer told me disk needs to be formatted in order for usage. So i formatted it and then on twrp i reset phone back into recovery once again and mounted the sd card and WOLLLA! Im able to once again transfer file from computer to phone. Best part is phone is now seen by computer.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just wondering I've been researching about updating rooted att one x to the newest ota 4.2.2. And I really want to update my phone to it but I'm kind of confused, first should phone be on previous update 4.1.1. second must i have bootloader s-off or s-on with supercid 1111111 or do I change it

My phone is rooted one x att evita s-off supercid 1111111 and I'm on 4.1.1

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by graffitiel87 View Post
    Just wondering I've been researching about updating rooted att one x to the newest ota 4.2.2. And I really want to update my phone to it but I'm kind of confused, first should phone be on previous update 4.1.1. second must i have bootloader s-off or s-on with supercid 1111111 or do I change it

My phone is rooted one x att evita s-off supercid 1111111 and I'm on 4.1.1

Posted via Android Central App
    Just flash a sense 5 ROM. Same thing but without bloat.