HTC One X bricked

trevorbuckley

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi, looking for help with a phone. I bought a htc one x but I think it is bricked? Am a newb to android phones. Am a recovering apple aholic. Does any know if the phone is finished or can it be rescued? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 17

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong here, but i would charge the phone up maybe? Seeing as it says in bold red/white Battery is too low to flash. Then try again.

trevorbuckley

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
update
i can now charge the battery and send files to the phone. now i cant find the right zip file the get the phone back to stock operating system?
have tried clockworkmod update but it didnt work?
does anyone know where i can find the right zip file to send to restore the phone to normal. i think the problem with the update files is that there is noting on the phone to update/

thanks for any help

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
update
i can now charge the battery and send files to the phone. now i cant find the right zip file the get the phone back to stock operating system?
have tried clockworkmod update but it didnt work?
does anyone know where i can find the right zip file to send to restore the phone to normal. i think the problem with the update files is that there is noting on the phone to update/

thanks for any help

Hello. Is this a One X or One XL i.e does it have the Tegra 3 or S4 processor? How are you trying to send the zip? Through ADB? Try connecting the phone to your computer and putting the zip into your phone's internal storage from there. As for "returning to normal", I believe you mean stock. You cannot simply flash something in recovery and return back to stock. You would have to flash an RUU for that. What are you trying to go back to stock for?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

trevorbuckley

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
It's the endevouru model so I thinks it's quad core. The USB debugging is off so can't flash it. I was able to mount USB and send files that way but I installed android jellybean 4.2.2. The does not turn on now after that. The red led flashes 3 times then off for 10 or 15 seconds and just continues like that. Origanaly I just wanted to get it back to the os that would have been on it day one. Is the phone beyond repair now? Have changed the battery but still just have the red led flashing 3 times

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It's the endevouru model so I thinks it's quad core. The USB debugging is off so can't flash it. I was able to mount USB and send files that way but I installed android jellybean 4.2.2. The does not turn on now after that. The red led flashes 3 times then off for 10 or 15 seconds and just continues like that. Origanaly I just wanted to get it back to the os that would have been on it day one. Is the phone beyond repair now? Have changed the battery but still just have the red led flashing 3 times

So you can't access anything like a recovery or bootloader?

trevorbuckley

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So you can't access anything like a recovery or bootloader?

Not any more. Now I just have the red led flashing. 3 slow flashes followed by a quick flash and it repeats after a 5 second break. I have ordered a new charger just in case that's the problem. But am kinda lost with android phones

trevorbuckley

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Not any more. Now I just have the red led flashing. 3 slow flashes followed by a quick flash and it repeats after a 5 second break. I have ordered a new charger just in case that's the problem. But am kinda lost with android phones

sorted out the red light. it was a faulty charger. cant flash anything to the phone as i keep getting device not found. is there anyway around usb bugging turned off?