Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry ADB Sideload - "Starting it now on port 5037"

Hi
    So, I want to sideload a zip file, but of some reason, it doesn't work! I've done this a few times ago, but at that time I were on Windows 7. Atm. I'm on Windows 8. I can get my X+ into sideload (TWRP) without problems. But I'm not sure if it's starting correct.
    Starting ADB sideloa feature...
    And it keeps doing that.. No confirm that it's started. However, usually it works without writing any confirmation.
    On the command prommt it writes:
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    But I dont want it do be via the local network. It should be via USB. How do I change that? My guess were ADB usb but that wasn't for any use.

Global Posts
    4,210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: ADB Sideload - "Starting it now on port 5037"

Quote Originally Posted by andreglud View Post
    Hi
    So, I want to sideload a zip file, but of some reason, it doesn't work! I've done this a few times ago, but at that time I were on Windows 7. Atm. I'm on Windows 8. I can get my X+ into sideload (TWRP) without problems. But I'm not sure if it's starting correct.

And it keeps doing that.. No confirm that it's started. However, usually it works without writing any confirmation.
    On the command prommt it writes:

But I dont want it do be via the local network. It should be via USB. How do I change that? My guess were ADB usb but that wasn't for any use.
    It seems it isn't doing anything because it hasn't found your device. Your device should be listed after "List of devices attached." Make sure you have USB Debugging on and that drivers are installed correctly.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!