Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default full screen pop up ads

    for last few weeks i have started getting full screen pop ads.
    ads are random. not directed on specific products. each time they turn to be endorsing some other product.
    i need not be working on any app. most of the time ads pop up when i m on home screen. i hold and long press to know the add source, but it says nothing (i did this after Air Push Detector advised me to do so.)
    I ran Ad Network Detector and Avast anti virus. both came up with no results.
    its getting annoying, although the ads do not pop up often . may be twice or thrice in a day or so. but i would love to have it detected and taken care off.

    i have attached two image, when i press the left bottom option in first, all i get is tiny lill pop up in second image.

    Thank you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full screen pop up ads-screenshot_2014-04-03-14-27-11.png   full screen pop up ads-screenshot_2014-04-03-14-27-14.png  
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    The only thing I can think of is an app is going rogue. You could try leadbolt opt out: Airpush - Mobile Ad Network | Mobile RTB | Android App Monetization

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    Thank a lot Golfdriver97.
    the issue is when i opened the link you provided on my browser, WOT-plugin went red with warning. i am now not so sure whether to go with this or not.
    resetting the device to factory setting will help?
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    That is really strange. A reset probably is not a fix, because if it is an app, it will be reinstalled if you have app restoration on.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    That is really strange. A reset probably is not a fix, because if it is an app, it will be reinstalled if you have app restoration on.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    :| thats a cleaver point..i wonder how i cudnt see tht one. lets see if I could find something to work this out.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    Quote Originally Posted by decapoda View Post
    :| thats a cleaver point..i wonder how i cudnt see tht one. lets see if I could find something to work this out.
    Here is how I would go about doing it. Not a reset yet, but uninstalling almost every third party app. Keep Google ones, and other trusted ones. Run those for a week, and slowly add the other apps back. 2 or 3 at a time, and running for a few days, repeating the process.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Here is how I would go about doing it. Not a reset yet, but uninstalling almost every third party app. Keep Google ones, and other trusted ones. Run those for a week, and slowly add the other apps back. 2 or 3 at a time, and running for a few days, repeating the process.
    Thanks Golfdriver, had almost same feed from few other places. shall do this and update/report the app on google play.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    Any update on what caused these full screen ads to appear and did you ever get the problem fixed? I too am having the same issue, but where I go, nobody has a fix. Here's a link to my similar query if anyone wants to follow to see if a fix is given.
  9. #9  

    Default

    I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
    You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
    I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: full screen pop up ads

    I'm glad to hear you found a fix to the issue. Unfortunately these instructions didn't work for me. In fact I've currently got this popped up on my phone as we speak -.-

    It popped up while using the app Whitagram, an app which allows you to use wide angle photos in Instagram. Is this app potentially the source of these ads? It would be a damn shame because I use this app quite regularly but come to think of it, these ad popups started around the time of installing this app. But the ads show up while using various other apps also. Wish there was a simple way to disable these ads from coming up.

    It also must be said, I've clicked the bottom left portion of the ad which led me to Google settings. There I turned off advertisements yet the popups still keep occurring...


    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Parks View Post
    I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
    You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
    I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Incoming call nothing on screen.
    By sam00 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 03:03 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM
  3. Galaxy S5: iSmooth screen protector (3 pack) $1 from amazon
    By dpham00 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 01:07 AM
  5. blank home screens
    By Chad Underwood in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions