Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default full screen pop up ads

for last few weeks i have started getting full screen pop ads.
    ads are random. not directed on specific products. each time they turn to be endorsing some other product.
    i need not be working on any app. most of the time ads pop up when i m on home screen. i hold and long press to know the add source, but it says nothing (i did this after Air Push Detector advised me to do so.)
    I ran Ad Network Detector and Avast anti virus. both came up with no results.
    its getting annoying, although the ads do not pop up often . may be twice or thrice in a day or so. but i would love to have it detected and taken care off.

i have attached two image, when i press the left bottom option in first, all i get is tiny lill pop up in second image.

Thank you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full screen pop up ads-screenshot_2014-04-03-14-27-11.png   full screen pop up ads-screenshot_2014-04-03-14-27-14.png  

Global Posts
    17,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: full screen pop up ads

The only thing I can think of is an app is going rogue. You could try leadbolt opt out: Airpush - Mobile Ad Network | Mobile RTB | Android App Monetization

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank a lot Golfdriver97.
    the issue is when i opened the link you provided on my browser, WOT-plugin went red with warning. i am now not so sure whether to go with this or not.
    resetting the device to factory setting will help?

Global Posts
    17,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

That is really strange. A reset probably is not a fix, because if it is an app, it will be reinstalled if you have app restoration on.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    That is really strange. A reset probably is not a fix, because if it is an app, it will be reinstalled if you have app restoration on.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    :| thats a cleaver point..i wonder how i cudnt see tht one. lets see if I could find something to work this out.

Global Posts
    17,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by decapoda View Post
    :| thats a cleaver point..i wonder how i cudnt see tht one. lets see if I could find something to work this out.
    Here is how I would go about doing it. Not a reset yet, but uninstalling almost every third party app. Keep Google ones, and other trusted ones. Run those for a week, and slowly add the other apps back. 2 or 3 at a time, and running for a few days, repeating the process.

Phone Timeline
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Here is how I would go about doing it. Not a reset yet, but uninstalling almost every third party app. Keep Google ones, and other trusted ones. Run those for a week, and slowly add the other apps back. 2 or 3 at a time, and running for a few days, repeating the process.
    Thanks Golfdriver, had almost same feed from few other places. shall do this and update/report the app on google play.

Any update on what caused these full screen ads to appear and did you ever get the problem fixed? I too am having the same issue, but where I go, nobody has a fix. Here's a link to my similar query if anyone wants to follow to see if a fix is given.