- 1 Posts
Can I update to 4.2.2 OTA without AT&T service?
I just bought a used AT&T version of the HTX One X. I will eventually activate it with an AT&T MVNO but am not ready to do that now. The Android version is 4.0.4 and when I try to update it via wifi, I get a "no server found" which I assume it means no AT&T server. Is it possible to update the software OTA automatically or do I have to use the HTC sync manager and do it manually? I have no interest in rooting or installing a custom ROM but I would like to be on the latest official Android release.
- 04-12-2014, 04:53 PM #2
Re: Can I update to 4.2.2 OTA without AT&T service?
I have a coworker with an unlocked one using TMO and she has not been able to get the OTA either. So my guess is you have to have ATT service to get it.
Downloading the RUU from HTC website will wipe the device. Not sure what HTC Sync manager will do but it should upgrade with out wiping. At least it should.
- By RebeccaFU in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-15-2014, 07:53 AM
- By Giant Lizard in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-2014, 04:48 AM
- By TheBull50 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 10Last Post: 04-12-2014, 02:03 AM
- By cmhsam in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 16Last Post: 04-11-2014, 11:16 PM
- By bodum02 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:59 AM