HTC ONE X+ stuck in airplane mode,please help ????

Umar Khaliq

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi people,

I am new to flashing etc. I received the phone with airplane mode activated when switched on. I think the previous user installed a custom rom as it has team win bootloader on it.
When pressed to turn off it airplane mode it says 'airplane turning off' and stays like that. I have tried soft reset,hard reset etc. No luck

I have managed to find the ruu below and installed but still the same problem.

RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1204.168.32_release_299688_signed

Please help and explain how to resolve. I am totally new to this. thankyou very much

geojoking

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, you need to figure out which version of the One X+ you have, the International one, or the North American one.

Then, you said that the phone has a custom ROM installed, it probably has the wrong bootloader. Search for another ROM (either for the International or the N/A version) and be careful to flash the .zip, clear cache, clear dalvik cache, and then flash the boot.img from the ROM.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi people,

I am new to flashing etc. I received the phone with airplane mode activated when switched on. I think the previous user installed a custom rom as it has team win bootloader on it.
When pressed to turn off it airplane mode it says 'airplane turning off' and stays like that. I have tried soft reset,hard reset etc. No luck

I have managed to find the ruu below and installed but still the same problem.

RUU_ENRC2B_U_JB_45_HTC_Europe_1.17.401.1_Radio_3.1204.168.32_release_299688_signed

Please help and explain how to resolve. I am totally new to this. thankyou very much

Hello. If it has a custom recovery like TWRP as stated, you can try and flash a custom ROM to see if that will solve your problem.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

Hawkinau

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I had my One X stuck in Airplane mode for about 5 months, initially after I couldn't get it off and there was mostly guess work on most forums, like try this and try that etc, I tried all the supposed solutions but none worked so I bought another phone but every now and then I'd have another crack at the One X to try to figure out how to fix it.
Today was the day, after a lot of trying this and that once again I ran a Super Wipe Script, put Renovate Final 4 Rom in the root directory of the phone, went into the recovery wiped everything and reset it to factory default, went into Advanced/Mounts and Storage unmounted everything ( cache, data, system, formatted cache, data and system then remounted everything again, manually flashed the Renovate final 4 kernel ( I'm unlocked S On) installed the Renovate final 4 Rom and to my surprise it booted into set-up and when finished I was on the net, unbelievable.
I probably had a bit of over kill with what I did and don't know how much of it was necessary but I was desperate and had nothing to lose cos if I didn't fix it this time the phone was going to be a bin job.
So if u have one of these (bricks) all is not lost and it can be fixed

If you have S OFF you can just install the Rom and the kernel will flash with the Rom, if you have S ON like I do you have to flash it manually through Fastboot by taking the Rom boot.img out of the Rom folder and putting it in the Fastboot folder on your desktop, shift and right click inside the folder to open a menu and click "open command window here" when the phone is in recovery and plugged into your PC u should see "FASTBOOT USB" on your phone.
In the CMD window on your PC type fastboot devices, if the phone is connected the next line will show your device, if it does type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" hit enter and when finished type "fastboot reboot" your phone should now reboot, unplug phone from PC boot into recovery again and install the Rom from the root directory of your phone.
I hope this helps somebody out there with the same problem and Renovate is a very nice Rom

Last edited:

camilof08

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to know if your device was really fixed by this. I haven't tried it yet, but I will, either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post my results when I'm done, I was just wondering if the "fix" is real, if the phone is still working as intended.

Sept, 26
Well, I did everything you said, read a lot about how to do everything, even after you stated it here so clearly. My device is S-ON, and it has Hboot 1.73. The installation of the ROM went well, but the problem with the airplane mode persists. I'm gonna try now to find a way to S-Off my device and downgrade the Hboot (apparently downgrading it is only achievable with S-off).

Oct, 16
Couldn't S-Off, apparently it's virtually impossible. So got tired of trying different ROMs, and changing stuff.
Noticed I was working without the SIM card inside, but the device would not notify me about it, so I started thinking it had nothing to do with the software, but it was rather a hardware issue. Decided to open the device and I didn't notice anything strange (no hits, no bent parts, no rust, no excessive dust accumulation). Put it all together, and it just worked. I have no idea what fixed the issue but the true is that I've been using it for more than 3 weeks with no connectivity problems. I'm able to turn Airplane mode on and off.

Last edited:

VJ Sam

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i m using HTC ONE X since 5-6 months 15 days ago my phone suddenly got off to airplane mode im trying to put on but it cant i even formatted my device but no change its still the same its my best device i like the more ever please show me some manually ways to how i can resolve problems myself please...

oo7floda

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 stuck in airplane mode,please help ????

hi guys, i really need help with my htc 10 thats stuck in airplane mode and won't turn off. i used the *#*#4636#*#* to see if i can turn off the radio from there, but it didn't help.
i used "fastboot getvar all" and i got this

C:\Users\HP\Desktop\Andriod>fastboot devices
HT67KBN00944 fastboot

C:\Users\HP\Desktop\Andriod>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_pmewl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) imei: 354259072398955
(bootloader) version-main: 1.91.617.1
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.0.U010141a@60714.2
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000