Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Broken LCD, black screen, HELP

I dropped my phone (how unusual); the screen is intact, but apparently the LCD is broken, so I have nothing but a black screen. The phone still seems to work (I can get text messages and notifications, the noises are still going). The obvious solution would be to get the screen replaced, but I just got a new one a few months ago-- I'd rather just get a new phone, but I'd like to get my pictures and hopefully contacts off the phone so I don't lose them.
    From the other threads I've read through, most people just have cracked or unresponsive screens, so the solution is a mouse. For me, the screen shows nothing, so connecting a mouse wouldn't be useful. I've found apps where you can access/control the phone from your computer, but they require you to download the app onto your phone, which obviously I can't do. And of course, I'd never thought about debugging or making USB mode the default, so I can't even change from charging mode to USB mode to open files on my computer!
    Is there any way I could view and control the screen from my computer with no pre-existing apps on my phone? Help would be much appreciated.
    I have an HTC One X and my computer is a Mac, if that's any use.

Default Re: Broken LCD, black screen, HELP

I am not sure its possible to have control on your phone, it seems you have tried everything and don't want to try the last option; USB mode..Your screen is black because the fibre connecting it to the motherboard is damaged or the lighting is damaged. Why can't you get a new screen? or go back where you bought the one you are having and let them know the problem so they can assist you in getting a better one.