Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Model Tier: 600
Model Number: APQ8064T
Semiconductor technology: 28 nm LP
CPU Instruction Set: ARMv7
CPU: Up To 1.9 GHz Quad-core Krait300
CPU Cache: L0: 4kB+4kB, L1: 16kB+16kB, L2: 2MB
GPU (Display/Video): Adreno 320 (QXGA/1080p)
Memory Technology: 32-bit dual-channel LPDDR3
Wireless Radio Technologies: GSM (GPRS, EDGE), W-CDMA/UMTS (HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+, DC-HSPA+ cat.29), MBMS, LTE cat.4, CDMA2000 (1?RTT, 1?EV-DO Rel.0/Rev.A/Rev.B, 1?EV-DO MC Rev.A, 1?Adv Rev.A/Rev.B), TD-SCDMA

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
someone with some knowledge please explain how does this CPU stack up against Exynos 5 OCTA ??

It stacks up well against the power cores of the octa. The octa isn't an 8 core chip, its two four core chips. It has one set of four A15 cores (powerful) and once set of four A7 cores (battery efficient for light tasks). This is based on a proprietarty Qualcomm core that is on par with the A15 core.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It stacks up well against the power cores of the octa. The octa isn't an 8 core chip, its two four core chips. It has one set of four A15 cores (powerful) and once set of four A7 cores (battery efficient for light tasks). This is based on a proprietarty Qualcomm core that is on par with the A15 core.

For hardcore gaming which one will be more smoother, or can we not tell that yet

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The exynos in the past have been better at gaming (bettter GPUs) than other branded processors released at the same time. If I recall correctly, this is the same with this exynos also.

Aren't the Tegras usually the best for gaming? The Tegra 4's GPU was heavily emphasized, and with 72 cores, it's a beast.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why is samsung thinking of using power vr for s4.. Isnt that going backwards when they can use mali ??

Not really. PowerVR is used by a LOT of companies. It's well supported by devs and has a good track record. Look at all the issues that game devs had with the Mali-400 in the Galaxy S2. There are some games that STILL don't have working sound on that device, and it's because of the closed source parts of the kernel and OS that Samsung won't release (at least, that's my understanding of things).

My question is why isn't Samsung using the latest and greatest from PowerVR instead of this older GPU? It's not even as powerful as what Apple put in their newest stuff.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not really. PowerVR is used by a LOT of companies. It's well supported by devs and has a good track record. Look at all the issues that game devs had with the Mali-400 in the Galaxy S2. There are some games that STILL don't have working sound on that device, and it's because of the closed source parts of the kernel and OS that Samsung won't release (at least, that's my understanding of things).

My question is why isn't Samsung using the latest and greatest from PowerVR instead of this older GPU? It's not even as powerful as what Apple put in their newest stuff.

So Samsung processors in upcoming Samsung phones will have weaker GPUs than Samsung processors in Apple phones? Umm?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hmm has anyone actually looked at the a6x powered iPad it destroys everything. Oh and after doing some reading the adreno 320 is a 4 core design the adreno 305 is the single core. I haven't researched the arm Mali t-678 but if its used in a multi core arrangement it will be a beast also. I'm just happy Qualcomm finally has a GPU that can compete
And keep in mind the arm Mali t-604 is breasted by only the sgx554mp4 in most test

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung didn't make Apple's latest chips. Apple did.

The problem with the Mali-t604 is that it isn't supported as well as it needs to be to perform the way it should/could.

Computationally the Tegra 4 GPU is more powerful than the others. The only things that will probably take full advantage is the stuff from Tegrazone, though. Unless you're doing a LOT of gaming any of the modern GPU's is going to be just fine for what we do with our phones.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
n00b question... I thought the new Snapdragon 600 processor is 1.9 mhz? All I'm seeing HTC The One having is a 1700 mhz. What's this about?

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope that HTC is smater then Samsung by making the software run lag free because it doesn't matter what your clock speed it matters on the software and hardware working together as one vrs how everything is all missed matched but we will see

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums