Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Default HTC offers $100 trade-in for HTC One purchases

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: HTC offers $100 trade-in for HTC One purchases

no information if this deal is US only?

Pre-register with your email to qualify for FREE Prepaid Visa Card worth either $100 or the trade-in value of your old phone – whichever’s greater
    Well for sure I won't be sending them my One X but for older phones this might be a sweet deal

ROM
    Viper ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwardort View Post

Well for sure I won't be sending them my One X but for older phones this might be a sweet deal
    For $100, they can have the old Hero I have laying around the house

Quote Originally Posted by doomstang View Post
    For $100, they can have the old Hero I have laying around the house
    I have an old HTC Desire laying around from US Cellular I would be more than willing to part with.

either $100 or the trade-in value of your old phone – whichever’s greater
    Would be nice to see the trade-in values offered per device, though there probably aren't many that would get more than the $100. Unless I'm overlooking it, I don't see anywhere to check that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    Would be nice to see the trade-in values offered per device, though there probably aren't many that would get more than the $100. Unless I'm overlooking it, I don't see anywhere to check that yet.
    Considering the trade in market for phones, I do not see them giving many people more than $100 for a device.

Any body know if this has to be your latest activated phone? I've got a Palm Pre sitting somewhere and my current Nexus S. Would prefer to send the ole pre over and keep the S if given the option.

Under terms and conditions, they mention that you have to use "the drop down tool" to check eligability of the phone to be traded in. I dont see the tool on the page. I would love to trade off my old Pre as well, if they would give more than 100 cents, much less 100 dollars.
    Thanked by:

I was excited about actually being able to get something for my Thunderbolt, then see Verizon is like the only carrier not getting the One, and now Phil is teasing with vague comments. I think I'm going mad.

Mentor @ FRC# 3999

ROM
    Stock

so i bought the (2) htc evo 4g lte's last june from wireless.amazon.com for $150 a piece. It was a contract extension...i thought. I checked for months by either texting sprint and checking upgrade eligibility at best buy and it always said i was ready for an upgrade. Last night my gf went to best buy, they said she could upgrade her phone, she caved and upgraded an iphone 5, no problems. My question is has anyone else had this type of experience from amazon wireless? I would totally trade my old evo 4g to htc for the gift card and sell my 4g lte to gazelle and basically pay for the ONE (only if the battery was at least as good as the evo 4g lte, and the lte antenna worked better than the 4g lte). Hopefully buying the ONE from amazon again would not have me under contract again.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

So I got an email from HTC with a link to their page with the drop down tool. Played around with it and looks like any phone on their list is estimated at $100. I have an old EVO 4G that I flashed over to Boost that I'm going to dig up and turn in if that's for real.

I got the e-mail as well. Purchase must be made by 3/31. So Verizon has until 3/29 to announce plans to carry this phone (or their branded version of it) or I'm switching to (ugh!) AT&T.

So I checked it out...

It clearly says which ever price is greater... The drop down had the OG Touch Pro... That means the $100 gift card is greater than what they'd offer .. so I think I'm gonna do it for sure since I have 3 OG TPs laying around...

If anyone wants an TP 1 to trade in as well, $40, hey you'll still get $60back on your new phone..might sound shady, but I'm essentially giving a change at $60 cash back on your phone.. I also have a Touch Pro 2 and and OG Evo...

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

sending them my old hero

Their won't be a seperate VZw branded version, though they could decide to carry it still..

Why not? This is HTCs new campaign: 1 device, 1 name, across several carriers... Just like Apple and Samasung Galaxy S series.

The 8X 16gb version (surprisingly!) has a $200 trade in value, the 8X 8gb and Droid DNA have a $175 trade in value, the One X+ has a $150 trade in value, and the One X/XL has at $115 trade-in value, think those are the HTC devices with values in excess of $100. You would most likely get more for them on eBay (although after fees, you'd probably just as well do trade in on the 16 gig 8X, I think). iPhone 5 gets between $290-360, depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity, GSIII gets between $150-210 depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by popartist View Post
    The 8X 16gb version (surprisingly!) has a $200 trade in value, the 8X 8gb and Droid DNA have a $175 trade in value, the One X+ has a $150 trade in value, and the One X/XL has at $115 trade-in value, think those are the HTC devices with values in excess of $100. You would most likely get more for them on eBay (although after fees, you'd probably just as well do trade in on the 16 gig 8X, I think). iPhone 5 gets between $290-360, depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity, GSIII gets between $150-210 depending on CDMA/GSM and capacity.
    Was surprised the Evo LTE only came up $100...thought it might be a little higher than that. Guess they can have my old OG Evo instead.

HTC moved up the date to be eligible for the trade in incentive to get the $100.
    From the HTC site:
    To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on the HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC OneTM by April 26, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC OneTM (copy of UPC or invoice/ receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by May 31, 2013.
    My Sprint upgrade kicks in April 1, so this is perfect timing.

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    HTC moved up the date to be eligible for the trade in incentive to get the $100.
    From the HTC site:
    To receive the $100 trade in value (or actual device trade in value, whichever is greater) in exchange for the Device you trade in, you must register valid email address on the HTC OneTM Upgrade site, you must purchase and activate a new HTC OneTM by April 26, 2013 and mail in your used Device with a valid Proof of Purchase of your HTC OneTM (copy of UPC or invoice/ receipt showing the IMEI) post marked by May 31, 2013.
    My Sprint upgrade kicks in April 1, so this is perfect timing.
    Wasn't the release date supposed to stay the same for US Carriers according to HTC? Why would they move back the date for trading in your old phone for the US?

Wait what?? The reason everyone is going by the 22nd launch date is because if you don't pre-register by the 22nd your SOL. So all other offers of this kind have matched the date of pre-register to the launch date. That date has not changed.

This is what the site says right now.

Limited Time Cash Back Offer
    Get $100 back (or more) when you buy
    the new HTC ONE® and trade in your old
    smartphone*:

Here's How:

Pre-register online to purchase your new HTC ONE on or before 03/22/13.
    You will receive a personal promo code by email - enter on the next page to verify
    your Trade Up.
    Purchase your new HTC ONE - details coming soon.
    You will have 30 days from your qualifying purchase date to mail in your eligible
    smartphone with proof of ONE purchase.
    *Offer valid for eligible smartphones only. See full terms and conditions.
    This promotion is only available in US and Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by reddragon72 View Post
    This promotion is only available in US and Canada.
    Damn

Originally, the date to buy and activate the One to get the $100 was March 31. My Sprint upgrade starts April 1. I was going to need Sprint to move up my date to get the $100 but now that the date was moved to April, I'm in the clear.
    Basically, it's a sign that HTC wanted to have the One out by mid March, not late March, early April.

I still think the pre-register date is the launch date. After that date it wont be pre anymore meaning the product is released. That's my hopes an I'm sticking to it

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwardort View Post

According to the HTC one upgrade , the phone traded in must be active at the time of purchase and must have proof of purchase."Without a valid Proof of Purchase, you will not be paid the promotional trade-up amount. " I don't want to trade in my EVO 4G but I'll give them my old Blackberry Curve. Is there any way for HTC to see if it was activated prior to purchase of the One? Could do an ESN swap a day in advance but don't they charge an activation fee for that nowadays?

No activation fees on esn swaps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast