Recent apps and multi tasking!!??

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but on-screen buttons are dynamic. More can be added or the entire container can be hidden depending on what an app needs. That's what really makes virtual buttons superior to hardware buttons.

I would difinately prefer virtual buttons if done right. And by that I mean the screen stretched, less bottom bezel and that apps are updated to properly support it.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I really only use the back and home key on my DNA. The recent apps button is really more of a nuisance. If it were a menu button I would use it but since it has a on screen menu button it is irrelevant. Waiting for the software update that allows preferential changing of the recent apps to menu.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

I can't say for sure since I don't have the DNA, but on my EVO LTE running Sense 4+ (and even before that) , I can change the behavior of the recent apps button under settings > display, gestures and buttons > buttons > recent apps button. No onscreen menu button ever :)
I thought HTC solved that problem well before the DNA had come out. Maybe the software was already in Verizon's hands?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't say for sure since I don't have the DNA, but on my EVO LTE running Sense 4+ (and even before that) , I can change the behavior of the recent apps button under settings > display, gestures and buttons > buttons > recent apps button. No onscreen menu button ever :)
I thought HTC solved that problem well before the DNA had come out. Maybe the software was already in Verizon's hands?

The dna doesn't have that option yet. It is strictly recent apps.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but on-screen buttons are dynamic. More can be added or the entire container can be hidden depending on what an app needs. That's what really makes virtual buttons superior to hardware buttons.

That also leaves room for inconsistencies and annoyances. For instance when they are gone it takes some sort of action to bring them back again when if they were capacitive they would always be there immediately.

I am not going to say I am against them until I have a phone with them, but i am skeptical about them being ultimately better than traditional buttons.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

When you are surfing the internet they take up screen real estate, and I don't want to lose screen real estate for on screen buttons.

Let's leave the on screen buttons to nexus phones, which I have no desire to own.

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When you are surfing the internet they take up screen real estate, and I don't want to lose screen real estate for on screen buttons.

Let's leave the on screen buttons to nexus phones, which I have no desire to own.

This can be customized through. You can make the virtual buttons behave any way you like. For example, see PIE launcher. It's an incredible example of why virtual buttons are better.