Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,302 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: No verizon??

Copy and paste from the above-mentioned forum:

Okay let me see if I got this straight, Verizon took the HTC Butterfly and limited it to only 16gb(11gb to user) of storage and took away the micro sd card slot, then passed on the LG Optimus G, then passed on the Nexus 4. So now they are gonna pass on the Sony Xperia Z, and to top everuthing off Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T are all getting the phone of the year quite possibly the smartphone of the decade! And once again Verizon IS GOING TO PASS ON THIS PHONE????????? What is wrong with you? Now if you are planning on having htc add an sd slot and maybe a 2800mah battery to it and release it 2 weeks later, then great! But if you flat out pass on this your making a HUGE mistake!

Pretty much sums it up!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AFD...idcentral00-20) if it offends you that much.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Thanked by 2:
    Premium1 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Giltner View Post
    Ok, I'm going to ask for some clarity. Does Verizon buy up 1,000,000 phones to offer on it's network ? Or does HTC sell them lots at a time. The reason I am asking, is I don't see the argument of cannibalizing the DNA market if they introduce the HTC One. Who cares what happens to the DNA market if it means more customers buying a new phone. That is, unless that sticks Verizon with 50,000 DNA's they can't sell because the HTC One is better and the same price.
    The dna was Verizon's flagship for the year 2012. But with such a late release, they haven't reached the sales that they had hoped. Jumping on board with another HTC device so early in the year that would contend with their flagship HTC device (also exclusively branded DROID, making it an exclusive Verizon expierence) would completely undermine the effort and marketing exspenses put into it. The DNA would continue to sell, of course, if reduced to 99 or less, but would no longer contend as a flagship, nor would their DROID line have that extra exclusive boost to Verizon customers if they can purchase a 1080p device that isn't exclusively Verizon branded. They are competing with other crossline devices like Samsung's, iPhone's, etc. I see an updated version of this phone hitting Verizon later in the year as a DROID device and DNA upgrade.

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    SELL! SELL SELL SELL!!!!! AAGGHHHHH!!!!!! Sale is a noun. Sell is the verb you are looking for.
    "In valor, there is hope."
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    SELL! SELL SELL SELL!!!!! AAGGHHHHH!!!!!! Sale is a noun. Sell is the verb you are looking for.
    Lol yes because we all have nothing better to do than troll forums correcting people's grammar. Hear let me make it easier four you. :-)

Thanked by:
    krusty46, swarlos, jroc and 4 others like this.

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sorry I snapped. That hit the right nerve at the wrong time. I apologize. Back on topic, Verizon doesn't deserve a phone this awesome. They would cripple it being recognition...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    "In valor, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by unklsckness View Post
    Leads me to believe that there will be an upgrade to the DNA or Incredible name plate. Keeping the 5" screen, inductive charging DROID branding with a bump in specs ie processor, camera, space coming from the HTC One.....Just my 2cents
    I'd hope they don't keep the 5" screen. I want this phone released just as HTC is making it for everyone else.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

And I apologize for the typo, I'm normally very on top of my grammar. As for Verizon, I haven't had them long enough to know about any issues.

What is continually surprising to me (but then again, not) is the lack of any knowledge out there about anything regarding this phone.
    Even Sprint, where I stopped in to possibly begin my move there, had no clue as to what the phone is.
    I talked to HTC a few times. I had one knowledgeable person, but there were some there who just found out about it. The one HTC guy who knew something, said that he's not allowed to share what he knows, but that he can't see Verizon completely passing on this, and having it made with their red accents, etc..but wouldn't go deeper. (Will it be released in honesty?, when? Sd card?)
    I don't know who to believe, because NOBODY in that industry knows a damn thing! It's downright scary! I'm really glad this place is here... and I want the phone the way it is now, not a Verizon-dictated version, unless it's suped up!
    Now, Phil...seriously, tell us what you know!!!! Toss us a bone!

I don't mind the logo on my phone. Don't understand the big deal everyone makes. Cars handbags clothing are branded. Sunglasses. No biggie in my opinion. Good coverage and good phone....that's the important factors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Thanked by:
    lpt2569 likes this.

I don't think the manufacturer brand is the problem, but the carrier branding. I think of it like a Honda emblem is nice but that big ugly David McDavid emblem is not cool and has to go. Unfortunately the carriers have much more stranglehold on these phones and you can't remove them.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    I don't mind the logo on my phone. Don't understand the big deal everyone makes. Cars handbags clothing are branded. Sunglasses. No biggie in my opinion. Good coverage and good phone....that's the important factors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Exactly. It'd be like complaining about the dealer tag on the back of my prius. I didn't not buy it because it was there.

Premium1 and revtech like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Copy and paste from the above-mentioned forum:

Okay let me see if I got this straight, Verizon took the HTC Butterfly and limited it to only 16gb(11gb to user) of storage and took away the micro sd card slot, then passed on the LG Optimus G, then passed on the Nexus 4. So now they are gonna pass on the Sony Xperia Z, and to top everuthing off Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T are all getting the phone of the year quite possibly the smartphone of the decade! And once again Verizon IS GOING TO PASS ON THIS PHONE????????? What is wrong with you? Now if you are planning on having htc add an sd slot and maybe a 2800mah battery to it and release it 2 weeks later, then great! But if you flat out pass on this your making a HUGE mistake!

Pretty much sums it up!
    I think once again it will be overshadowed by the s4 and whatever moto/google make. Nothing really about this phone that make me miss it not coming to Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I think once again it will be overshadowed by the s4 and whatever moto/google make. Nothing really about this phone that make me miss it not coming to Verizon.
    Well, there are many of us who want this on Verizon. Whether they're overshadowed or not is not the point. The point is giving the consumer what is wanted by a vast majority of us.

Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    Well, there are many of us who want this on Verizon. Whether they're overshadowed or not is not the point. The point is giving the consumer what is wanted by a vast majority of us.
    I agree and it sucks how we consumers are at the mercy of carriers in the US
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Verizon is in bed with Sammy! Enjoy your plastic toys! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,368 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Droid DNA is there right. similar phone.
    the Droid DNA is a crippled POS in comparison to the One... 16GB memory, in reality limited to 11GB... no SD card slot to compensate... No Sense 5, no dual speakers, no Ultrapixel camera... only 2020 mAh battery (vs 2300 on the One).... VZW f'ed up... Hopefully they bring the One later as a true developer phone, which they were supposed to do for some other phones, which they never did... But that's a pipe dream.
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    the Droid DNA is a crippled POS in comparison to the One... 16GB memory, in reality limited to 11GB... no SD card slot to compensate... No Sense 5, no dual speakers, no Ultrapixel camera... only 2020 mAh battery (vs 2300 on the One).... VZW f'ed up... Hopefully they bring the One later as a true developer phone, which they were supposed to do for some other phones, which they never did... But that's a pipe dream.
    I wouldnt call the DNA that....lol, but just for the dual speakers alone.....I would pick the One over the DNA if I had a choice. Unlimited data and service keeps me with Verizon. I need to check my data usage. If its a certain amount over the past 6 months.....I might be a lil closer to leaving Verizon for AT&T. Or at least giving AT&T a test drive.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (SPIGEN SGP Galaxy Note 2 Premium Aluminum Home Button Sticker [Black, Silver, Pink] [3-PACK] for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, International - Galaxy Note II / N7100:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories) if it offends you that much.

This! about time somebody said something =)
    Thanked by:

I gotta say I have been loving my Rezound but its upgrade time soon and the wife really wants my Rezound in place of her Incredible.. Like everyone else here I am having the same dilemna. I like the DNA but storage is lacking and the new One specs are just awesome. I don't understand why they have to be so proprietary with their devices (especially HTC). And because the One is going to 3 top carriers the likelihood that accessories will be mass produced by various companies is huge (i.e. iPhone), hence Verizon could make even more money by selling accessories as there would be more for the choosing for such a widespread device.

That said, I love Verizons service and I have been with them since they took over Alltel here in NC. I have only had HTC phones with Verizon and I would like to continue that tradition but things are looking bleak in the HTC world around here..

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Scotts CleanRom 4.3

I don't know what the fuss is about on the DNA. I just got it and I love it! I went from a Rezound with 16gb internal 64 micro SD to the DNA and I am doing fine. Though I am still on unlimited, I moved all my music to Google Play with about 2.06GB of music locally just in case I am not around any wifi, 5GB of Pictures and Videos of which 2.3GB are movies I have loaded for travel purposes. The pictures are sync'd via DropBox. With apps and all I have 2GB of free space. To me that is fine. Granted I used to just install app after app just to have but, realized I was not using them. All the extra space I had on my Rezound I was not using. Unfortunately I took the OTA and will have to wait to root until there is a exploit to remove Verizon bloatware. Again I love the phone over the current crop of Verizon devices, and as for everyone to each there own.

Google Play and Dropbox require data usage when not on WiFi. Not everyone has unlimited data, luckily I do, for now that is.. Much cheaper for us to have the extra storage space to eliminate the hassle of data overage charges.. unless that is their overall evil plan. I love the DNA from what I've seen and read, I just want the latest and greatest HTC has to offer. The One is that offer for some. :o(

Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AFD...idcentral00-20) if it offends you that much.

You don't seem to mind carrier branding in your signature, either. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
    mclarryjr, Ry and rkeenan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Ha. Uhm. Obviously you've never used a DNA. Obviously you have no idea that the DNA is likely what the One would have ended up as if HTC wasn't so desperate to include different features.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    You don't seem to mind carrier branding in your signature, either. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
    Nope, I don't. Verizon supplies me with exceptional service on an exceptional device, I will gladly advertise.

revtech likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast