Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Default Re: No verizon??

Am I the only on here with US Cellular? Man I want this phone but my carrier won't carry it.

Well, I just heard the latest rumor out there. It may mean absolutely nothing, but the word is that Verizon will be putting their own version of this phone out in April or May. It supposedly will add some red accents (I've heard that from HTC earlier), and also add an SD slot. Of course, there would be the additional bloatware, but at least I'm starting to hear some rumors, which mean nothing, but give some hope!
    Phil, if you know more, would you let us know? You know something...and it's not polite not to share (unless you're protecting a source).

Fingers are crossed here or I am off to Sprint and their Unlimited Data... I'd rather keep the superior Verizon service, if possible, though I'm really tired of their business ways in the past year or more..

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

Default No verizon??

Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    Well, I just heard the latest rumor out there. It may mean absolutely nothing, but the word is that Verizon will be putting their own version of this phone out in April or May. It supposedly will add some red accents (I've heard that from HTC earlier), and also add an SD slot. Of course, there would be the additional bloatware, but at least I'm starting to hear some rumors, which mean nothing, but give some hope!
    Phil, if you know more, would you let us know? You know something...and it's not polite not to share (unless you're protecting a source).

Fingers are crossed here or I am off to Sprint and their Unlimited Data... I'd rather keep the superior Verizon service, if possible, though I'm really tired of their business ways in the past year or more..
    You just made me tingle in that special place. I hope it's true.

Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that rumor? I have been with Sprint for 13 years and I am about ready to leave for better service from Verizon. With promises of LTE up and running in my area by this past holiday and not having any service at all during Sandy and days after, I have about had enough. The HTC ONE is the phone I really want to get, but if Verizon is not getting it, I might hold out a little longer. I am going to have to buy out of my contract which isn't up until Feb of 2014. Either way, if they are in fact getting it in April or May, I will just wait until then so I can get it with Verizon. I would much rather have the best phone out on the best network if possible. I have someone that is willing to buy my EVO LTE and all the cases and accessories that I have for 275, and that will help soften the blow of buying out the rest of my contract. If Sprint somehow gets LTE up and running in my area before then, and the speeds are good and reliable, then maybe I will change my mind altogether, but I really doubt that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where did you hear that rumor? I have been with Sprint for 13 years and I am about ready to leave for better service from Verizon. With promises of LTE up and running in my area by this past holiday and not having any service at all during Sandy and days after, I have about had enough. The HTC ONE is the phone I really want to get, but if Verizon is not getting it, I might hold out a little longer. I am going to have to buy out of my contract which isn't up until Feb of 2014. Either way, if they are in fact getting it in April or May, I will just wait until then so I can get it with Verizon. I would much rather have the best phone out on the best network if possible. I have someone that is willing to buy my EVO LTE and all the cases and accessories that I have for 275, and that will help soften the blow of buying out the rest of my contract. If Sprint somehow gets LTE up and running in my area before then, and the speeds are good and reliable, then maybe I will change my mind altogether, but I really doubt that will happen.
    well, the rumor came from a user on another forum whose closest friend is a Verizon Exec. so far the rumor is April/May, with June at the latest. I'll keep in touch with him and gather news as it comes in. But, if I hear nothing new is coming by April, then I'm jumping ship!

Just make sure you actually have Sprint LTE in your area, because right now it is lackluster 3G at best.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Verizon screwed up. Why would they not get a phone that every other carrier is getting?! Just doesn't make sense. The HTC One is a flagship and you can't pass up on these types of devices.

If they come out with their own version of it, I will not be buying. Verizon always ends up screwing up what is perfectly fine from the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
    Verizon screwed up. Why would they not get a phone that every other carrier is getting?! Just doesn't make sense. The HTC One is a flagship and you can't pass up on these types of devices.

If they come out with their own version of it, I will not be buying. Verizon always ends up screwing up what is perfectly fine from the manufacturer.
    very good point...makes me wonder if I should even wait around for "their version", if there even is one. I have a a few phones on Verizon. but I may just have to take my line and get the One as it was intended from another provider. We'll see what the month brings..

ROM
    Viper

Well here's a big question if Verizon gets a version... What about the bootloader? If Verizon can get Sammy to lock the s3, then I dare say anything is fair game. I know these things are usually circumvented, but it's always better to not have to deal with it. Especially with the general number of big name htc devs fluctuating lately.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Ok lets make this clear the dna is not the one .....at all...its a hyundai Genesis to a Bmw....very close very nice but not quite the same.....verizon and htc just had bad timing. ..they cant kill off the dna yet...but its gotta come....ive been waiting for htc to win me back and they might have done just that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Ha. Uhm. Obviously you've never used a DNA. Obviously you have no idea that the DNA is likely what the One would have ended up as if HTC wasn't so desperate to include different features.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Id have to disagree like I said in my previous post its not close to the one...sorry...its a nice phone..not knocking it at all ...but the one is leaps and bounds improved..from the DNA...the dna is the one X ...this new one..is htc finally revamping sense completely!!!!...yea they coppied wp..and Samsungs video gallery ...and made it into a actual feature. ..but I dont care...they finally did something.since my dinc to make me say... wow!...the DNA comparison is only going to be made by DNA owners who dont want their phone overlooked....bottom line is if you had both sitting in front of you ...you would pick up "the one" and not look back....so lets kill this comparison please

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post
    Id have to disagree like I said in my previous post its not close to the one...sorry...its a nice phone..not knocking it at all ...but the one is leaps and bounds improved..from the DNA...the dna is the one X ...this new one..is htc finally revamping sense completely!!!!...yea they coppied wp..and Samsungs video gallery ...and made it into a actual feature. ..but I dont care...they finally did something.since my dinc to make me say... wow!...the DNA comparison is only going to be made by DNA owners who dont want their phone overlooked....bottom line is if you had both sitting in front of you ...you would pick up "the one" and not look back....so lets kill this comparison please

They are not that different. The processor is a higher clocked version than the one in the DNA, the screen is a bit higher res because its smaller, and sense is different in some ways but very much the same in most others. Saying that the DNA is to the one what the one x is to the one is just not true.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the1m.polo View Post

I would honestly have to say I would have still chose the dna. I went Verizon FOR the dna. It is honestly the sexiest phone on the market in my opinion, that's why I bought it. But you are correct in saying the one is not like the dna. But I would have to disagree with " leaps and bounds." It has small improvements, like a slightly faster processor, a slighty more dense pixel arrangement, dual front facing speakers, and a new sense, but the new blink feed is a turn off for me. If it were just a widget, maybe. I could care less about the new camera technology, because its likely to be a let down anyways. The all aluminum casing could interfere with signal, and I don't like that it has a smaller screen than my DNA. With the dna they cut down the bezels so the phone is nearly the size of a normal smart phone, but with a larger screen accounting for the size. The HTC has a smaller screen but larger bezels to accustom the dual front speakers. The HTC one is a nice phone, but not what I was hoping it would be. Not good enough for me to toss my DNA to the side, even if I were given the choice. The "improvements" just werent what I was looking for to be improved. Maybe if Verizon makes a version and adds red accents/ makes the phone a little sexier, I would be interested.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    They are not that different. The processor is a higher clocked version than the one in the DNA, the screen is a bit higher res because its smaller, and sense is different in some ways but very much the same in most others. Saying that the DNA is to the one what the one x is to the one is just not true.

Ok let me say it like this ...a v6 camaro compared to v8 super sport or v6 Mustang compared to a cobra ...the difference is in the internals....Htc revamped sense completely. ...the Dna build quality is great the one is even better. ....now I'll say leaps and bounds may be a bit much but it doesn't compare to it at all....when HTC puts sense 5 in the DNA .....I will agree ....the differences are minimized...

The comparison is still silly to me....again thats just me..

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I would honestly have to say I would have still chose the dna. I went Verizon FOR the dna. It is honestly the sexiest phone on the market in my opinion, that's why I bought it. But you are correct in saying the one is not like the dna. But I would have to disagree with " leaps and bounds." It has small improvements, like a slightly faster processor, a slighty more dense pixel arrangement, dual front facing speakers, and a new sense, but the new blink feed is a turn off for me. If it were just a widget, maybe. I could care less about the new camera technology, because its likely to be a let down anyways. The all aluminum casing could interfere with signal, and I don't like that it has a smaller screen than my DNA. With the dna they cut down the bezels so the phone is nearly the size of a normal smart phone, but with a larger screen accounting for the size. The HTC has a smaller screen but larger bezels to accustom the dual front speakers. The HTC one is a nice phone, but not what I was hoping it would be. Not good enough for me to toss my DNA to the side, even if I were given the choice. The "improvements" just werent what I was looking for to be improved. Maybe if Verizon makes a version and adds red accents/ makes the phone a little sexier, I would be interested.

If I owned a dna I wouldn't toss mine to the side either....but the reason I dont own a dna was addressed in the reason I would own the one ....completely revamped sense finally..new features we haven't seen before..HTC finally did something to bring me back....and made it a actual flagship phone....along with that HTC and Moto lost me by releasing one hot phone on 1 carrier then 1 on another or even tge same 30 days later... and that's biz ...but bring me 1 flagship across the board a year ...that I can buy into the brand ..i.e. iphone ....galaxy s3 or note....

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I agree with releasing one flagship across all carriers, but the sense really wasn't enough to buy me into the phone. The only difference in the two interfaces is really blink feed with live tiles and the gallery. Blinkfeed would bug me to no ends and force me to install a launcher

My contract is up in May. I sure hope Verizon gets this phone by then or shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    I agree with releasing one flagship across all carriers, but the sense really wasn't enough to buy me into the phone. The only difference in the two interfaces is really blink feed with live tiles and the gallery. Blinkfeed would bug me to no ends and force me to install a launcher

You have to know that the DNA will eventually be getting Sense 5.

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by drumzalicious View Post
    You have to know that the DNA will eventually be getting Sense 5.
    Officially? Maybe maybe not. HTC historically doesn't upgrade major sense versions...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Well, here's something else that sounds like old news, but was just posted online today. Still hoping it comes before I switch carriers:

"Newinformation was released today that possibly gives us another name for the M7. HTC developer @LlabTooFeR has been a reliable source in the past and has recently found out some information about a device named DLXPLUS. Looking at the specifications for this device, they appear to match the HTC M7 exactly.

HTC DLXPLUS spec sheet highlights
    Name: DLXPLUS_WL
    Carrier: Verizon USA
    Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064 1.7 GHz
    Display: 4.7-inch 1080p
    Main Camera: 13 megapixel
    Front camera: 2.1 megapixel
    ROM: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b
    GPS + Glonnas
    SD Card slot
    Android: Jelly Bean
    Sense 5.0
    Ry likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nneptune View Post
    Well, here's something else that sounds like old news, but was just posted online today. Still hoping it comes before I switch carriers:

"Newinformation was released today that possibly gives us another name for the M7. HTC developer @LlabTooFeR has been a reliable source in the past and has recently found out some information about a device named DLXPLUS. Looking at the specifications for this device, they appear to match the HTC M7 exactly.

HTC DLXPLUS spec sheet highlights
    Name: DLXPLUS_WL
    Carrier: Verizon USA
    Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064 1.7 GHz
    Display: 4.7-inch 1080p
    Main Camera: 13 megapixel
    Front camera: 2.1 megapixel
    ROM: 16GB
    RAM: 2GB
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b
    GPS + Glonnas
    SD Card slot
    Android: Jelly Bean
    Sense 5.0
    Interesting on the SD card slot.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

Default No verizon??

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Interesting on the SD card slot.
    Interesting indeed. Any mention of a release timeframe?

A different camera than the ONE as well.

I hope for their sake Verizon announces something soon. Just got e-mail from HTC confirming they will give me a $100 gift card if I purchase a ONE before 3/31. Verizon has until 3/29 to keep me from going to AT&T.

I haven't seen a single phone at MWC that interests me in the slightest as compared to the ONE at this point. I don't want a phablet. I need portability and powerful processing. I've got a plethora of other devices to provide big screen entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    Interesting indeed. Any mention of a release timeframe?
    no mention of a release date. this is frustrating!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast