No verizon??

sowelie

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
HTC is trying to make a comeback, but the second largest carrier (98 million subscribers) in the US isn't going to offer the phone?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC is trying to make a comeback, but the second largest carrier (98 million subscribers) in the US isn't going to offer the phone?

Not HTC's fault necessarily. If Verizon did not want it, they did not have to take it. Stupid reality of the US market. This was probably decided months ago. Verizon took the DNA and passed on the ONE.

It does suck a big one though :(

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Droid DNA is there right. similar phone.

Having the DNA as a high end HTC phone is pretty clearly the reason they won't be offering the new One...but the fact that it is a different high end phone than what the other carriers will be offering makes it a little tougher to market

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Having the DNA as a high end HTC phone is pretty clearly the reason they won't be offering the new One...but the fact that it is a different high end phone than what the other carriers will be offering makes it a little tougher to market

I've seen more ads for the DROID DNA than I have the entire 2012 HTC One series. They'll be fine over at Verizon, for now.

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
They already have the Droid DNA on Verizon. I don't think HTC wants to cannibalize their own phone

I'd bet that this was 100% Verizon's decision. They like to space out releases to maximize sales. Carrying the One would immediately destroy any future DNA sales.

I do feel bad for VZW users though, since they're one of the very few who won't be able to buy the new flagship HTC device. The One looks like one hell of a device with amazing camera and sound upgrades. I'm glad it's coming to T-Mobile. :)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if part of the reason it's not on Verizon is because they wanted to plaster the One with the Verizon logo and custom bloatware, and HTC finally said, "no." The Droid DNA is a bigger reason obviously, but the branding issue makes me wonder if it played any part at all. If HTC is serious about finally offering the same phone everywhere a la the GSIII, they need to put their foot down on carrier branding.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if part of the reason it's not on Verizon is because they wanted to plaster the One with the Verizon logo and custom bloatware, and HTC finally said, "no." The Droid DNA is a bigger reason obviously, but the branding issue makes me wonder if it played any part at all. If HTC is serious about finally offering the same phone everywhere a la the GSIII, they need to put their foot down on carrier branding.

See Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd bet that this was 100% Verizon's decision. They like to space out releases to maximize sales. Carrying the One would immediately destroy any future DNA sales.

I do feel bad for VZW users though, since they're one of the very few who won't be able to buy the new flagship HTC device. The One looks like one hell of a device with amazing camera and sound upgrades. I'm glad it's coming to T-Mobile. :)

maybe. there really wasn't much time between the Thunderbolt and the Rezound though.

it will be interesting to see if they over-bloat it with social media apps. I'd rather have a great working phone not tied to a charger all day over the latest and greatest FB/Twitter software.

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Why can't HTC just sell the One as a developer/off-contract phone that works on Verizon? I'd gladly pay full retail for a bloat-free and unadulterated HTC One that I could use on Verizon's network. I'm tired of the crap on Verizon's phones that I do not want!!!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
See Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Yeah I know, and that nasty logo made me very sad.

Are you all talking about the tiny branding on the home button? Are you not saddened by the huge Verizon branding on the front of every HTC and Motorola phone? Is it simply the placement on the home button that bothers people?
9y4uzeje.jpg

Back on topic, I hope VZW gets a variation of this phone, and a new Motorola X or whatever it might be. Add the new GS4 coming soon, that's a powerful lineup for 2013!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22