Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Default Re: Small battery

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is, how much of a hassle is it really to plug your phone in at work? Takes me maybe 10 seconds. Or do you not have any available outlets anywhere? I know not all workplace environments are the same, but I would guess that most people have an outlet available somewhere at work.

I'm the opposite, though, I would rather carry around a battery pack that I might not need than have a phone be twice as thick because I stuck an aftermarket oversized battery in it. And I agree that the real answer is to just put larger internal batteries in phones, but that's not likely to happen across the board anytime soon.
    That's possible, but not always. About once in a few weeks, I just don't get a chance to do that. I also believe that I shouldn't need to charge a phone during the day to make it last a full day.

One more scenario that's worse is on weekends. When I have visitors in town, I might be out and about all day without access to power. We'll be using maps, yelp and camera heavily and uploading photos to fb. When dinner time comes and you need the phone to meet up with friends afterwards for drinks, you need a phone that lasts all day without charging.

I do see you point about liking the chargers and having a smaller phone most of the time. And can see how many people prefer that model than a fatter phone all the time (like me). However, consider this comparison in thickness of DROID RAZR HD vs DROID RAZR MAXX HD is just .9mm to get an additional 800mAh. Pretty much 100mAh / .1mm. Plus larger battery requires less charge cycles and so will last longer. Would you trade and extra 1mm for 50% more battery life?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is, how much of a hassle is it really to plug your phone in at work? Takes me maybe 10 seconds. Or do you not have any available outlets anywhere? I know not all workplace environments are the same, but I would guess that most people have an outlet available somewhere at work.

I'm the opposite, though, I would rather carry around a battery pack that I might not need than have a phone be twice as thick because I stuck an aftermarket oversized battery in it. And I agree that the real answer is to just put larger internal batteries in phones, but that's not likely to happen across the board anytime soon.
    That's possible, but not always. About once in a few weeks, I just don't get a chance to do that. I also believe that I shouldn't need to charge a phone during the day to make it last a full day.

One more scenario that's worse is on weekends. When I have visitors in town, I might be out and about all day without access to power. We'll be using maps, yelp and camera heavily and uploading photos to fb. When dinner time comes and you need the phone to meet up with friends afterwards for drinks, you need a phone that lasts all day without charging.

I do see you point about liking the chargers and having a smaller phone most of the time. And can see how many people prefer that model than a fatter phone all the time (like me). However, consider this comparison in thickness of DROID RAZR HD vs DROID RAZR MAXX HD is just .9mm to get an additional 800mAh. Pretty much 100mAh / .1mm. Plus larger battery requires less charge cycles and so will last longer. Would you trade an extra 1mm for 50% more battery life?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_vag View Post

I do see you point about liking the chargers and having a smaller phone most of the time. And can see how many people prefer that model than a fatter phone all the time (like me). However, consider this comparison in thickness of DROID RAZR HD vs DROID RAZR MAXX HD is just .9mm to get an additional 800mAh. Pretty much 100mAh / .1mm. Plus larger battery requires less charge cycles and so will last longer. Would you trade and extra 1mm for 50% more battery life?

- - - Updated - - -

I do see you point about liking the chargers and having a smaller phone most of the time. And can see how many people prefer that model than a fatter phone all the time (like me). However, consider this comparison in thickness of DROID RAZR HD vs DROID RAZR MAXX HD is just .9mm to get an additional 800mAh. Pretty much 100mAh / .1mm. Plus larger battery requires less charge cycles and so will last longer. Would you trade an extra 1mm for 50% more battery life?
    Yes I would, and I did say that in my last post. But your comparison isn't the typical (and it's limited to Verizon). How much thicker is the S3 with an extended battery?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    Your bragging about idle time? Screen on time is most important. Who cares how long a Ferrari can idle for?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Your phone is useless if it can't idle for long enough.

On screen time for the DNA is better than every phone I've ever used, save for the iPhone 4 I had. I can easily manage 4 hours of screen time and make it an entire day on a charge.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Your phone is useless if it can't idle for long enough.

On screen time for the DNA is better than every phone I've ever used, save for the iPhone 4 I had. I can easily manage 4 hours of screen time and make it an entire day on a charge.

Every modern phone is relatively good at idling for longer periods of time.

I love how once again people base their opinion on battery spec, and not on the actual battery life. "2300mAh just doesn't cut these days".... Doesn't cut what?
    My DNA has better battery life than GS3 ever had, yet the battery is actually lower capacity.
    Silly thread.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    adamtalife likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    Every modern phone is relatively good at idling for longer periods of time.

You'd think so, but they're not. My DNA outlasts the S3 I had by quite a while.

Default Small battery

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I love how once again people base their opinion on battery spec, and not on the actual battery life. "2300mAh just doesn't cut these days".... Doesn't cut what?
    My DNA has better battery life than GS3 ever had, yet the battery is actually lower capacity.
    Silly thread.
    Exactly same with the iPhone 5 it has one of the smallest battery capacities and has awesome battery life well with my use anyways LOL.

Sent from the collector home world.

ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

I find this thread quite entertaining. This time last year the standard battery size for a high end smartphone was less than 2000mAh. Along with the fact that battery size in itself doesn't guarantee good battery life I would argue that 2300mAh is actually a pretty big damn battery when compared to what's on the market right now aside from the Note II which is also an enormous phone and the RAZR Maxx which used a ginormous battery as its primary selling point.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123