Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Small battery

All these specs look amazing but a 2300 mah battery just doesnt cut it in my opinion anymore. People already complain about the dna having bad battery life I cant imagine this phone with a bigger processor and better screen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Small battery

I was excited to see the phone and then I saw the 2300mah battery and that just doesn't cut it nowadays.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by qICEM4Np View Post
    All these specs look amazing but a 2300 mah battery just doesnt cut it in my opinion anymore. People already complain about the dna having bad battery life I cant imagine this phone with a bigger processor and better screen.

You mean a faster but more efficient processor, a smaller screen and a bigger battery?
    Thanked by 6:
    bp3dots, bc2k, coronaboy10 and 5 others like this.

ROM
    Viper

I have actually only seen reports that the dna is on par with everything that is not the maxx or note 2... The Lcd3 tech is amazing
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Ry, Topgonzo and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    I have actually only seen reports that the dna is on par with everything that is not the maxx or note 2... The Lcd3 tech is amazing
    Yep my DNA easily gets me through a whole day of usage, a bit better than my friend's i5. The efficiency of the chip is as or more important than the physical capacity of the battery. I'm sure the One will do fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Yep my DNA easily gets me through a whole day of usage, a bit better than my friend's i5. The efficiency of the chip is as or more important than the physical capacity of the battery. I'm sure the One will do fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    HTC better hope so. :P I'm sure they'll test it more than enough to be sure though. People don't realize that sometimes the problem with battery life isn't the battery.

It's not really fair to compare the DNA to the One. The One has a smaller screen and a 2300 mAh battery. The DNA's battery is 2020 mAh. Let's wait until the first in depth reviews come out before bashing the battery.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Darth Spock and adamtalife like this.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

The mAh rating of the battery is just one piece of the puzzle. It would be silly to come to a conclusion about the HTC One based solely on that one spec. Wait for the proper real world usage testing before complaining.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

In my opinion the DNA and HTC one pretty much even each other out on pros and cons since the pros are by such a minimal margin. The HTC one has a smaller screen than the DNA with a more dense pixel arrangement (which is honestly irrelevant since the human eye cant detect the pixels at that large a number without a micro lense) a slightly faster processor by .2 ghz, a slighty larger battery, but less megapixels in the camera (even though they are "super pixels" I would have to see to believe), and both have nonexpandable storage, although the HTC one will be available in larger Gb versions. The HTC one has the new sense, but runs on the same older version of android as the DNA. Since the DNA was released earlier, its likely to recieve a 4.2 sooner than the HTC one if it ever does. To DNA owners who feel injusticed for buying a device just to have one come out that would trump it, its irrelevent if you are a Verizon customer since it will not be coming to verizon, and if it does, it will be a year down the road branded with a different name and already outdated.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    Thanked by:
    luke31 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If it's as good as the DNA or even better then everyone should be happy, because I'm 100% satisified with my DNA battery life.
    Thanked by 3:
    mightyfacundo likes this.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The mAh rating of the battery is just one piece of the puzzle. It would be silly to come to a conclusion about the HTC One based solely on that one spec. Wait for the proper real world usage testing before complaining.
    Exactly. Please let's not rehash the DNA battery argument before the phone has even made it into the hands of reviewers.

My issue is HTC's continued use of sealed/embedded batteries. I simply dont care how sleek the phone design may be because of it or how great battery life may be, I need the option of being able to swap out for a fresh battery on the fly and never having to worry about tethering the phone to a charge (just keep swapping batteries from spare charger to phone, no charging cords or battery charging packs stuck to the phone ever). I may be in the minority, but that's still a certain percentage of sales HTC is not going to get otherwise.
    1Reaper likes this.

2300mah is a deal breaker for me, especially when non-removable. Only thing I don't like about my Galaxy Nexus is the battery life, even with 2100mah, rarely gets me to 11am-noon without needing a recharge. I know I know, newer more efficient chipset, but at least for me, I'm looking for a minimum of 3000 in my next phone. Google has mentioned an emphasis on battery life concerning the rumored X-phone project, think I'll be holding out hope.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    My issue is HTC's continued use of sealed/embedded batteries. I simply dont care how sleek the phone design may be because of it or how great battery life may be, I need the option of being able to swap out for a fresh battery on the fly and never having to worry about tethering the phone to a charge (just keep swapping batteries from spare charger to phone, no charging cords or battery charging packs stuck to the phone ever). I may be in the minority, but that's still a certain percentage of sales HTC is not going to get otherwise.
    I do agree for the most part. However, I've learned to live with it and found out it's not really a big deal (for me). Plus, with the exploding popularity of wireless charging and the Qi standard, keeping your phone topped up will get easier and easier.
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Here we go again, blinding looking at a spec number.

Let's get some reviews before jumping to conclusions. There is no data right now that says this battery will suck.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I agree, small capacity, non-removable battery. Fail. I would rather have a slightly thicker phone than a slimmer phone with a non-removable battery. With my Galaxy Nexus I carry two spare 2100mA batteries with me. I tend to put the phone in a case so it negates the slim design anyway. I also want wireless charging. If the Galaxy S4 has these features Samsung will whip HTC for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by KSUJedi View Post
    2300mah is a deal breaker for me, especially when non-removable. Only thing I don't like about my Galaxy Nexus is the battery life, even with 2100mah, rarely gets me to 11am-noon without needing a recharge. I know I know, newer more efficient chipset, but at least for me, I'm looking for a minimum of 3000 in my next phone. Google has mentioned an emphasis on battery life concerning the rumored X-phone project, think I'll be holding out hope.
    I'm just curious, do you have any power-savings features enabled on your Gnex, such as lower brightness, or an app that can automatically switch off data, like Juice Defender? It's hard to believe that low battery performance is 100% a battery capacity issue, when so much design has gone into making the phones use less power.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

I prefer a removable battery also. But not to swap on the fly, I am more concerned with the lifespan of the battery. I want to replace the battery when it no longer can hold a full charge.

I tend to keep my phones for more than a year and when I am done, I want to repurpose it or hand it down to my kids.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Synycalwon likes this.

ROM
    Viper ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kernmal View Post
    I prefer a removable battery also. But not to swap on the fly, I am more concerned with the lifespan of the battery. I want to replace the battery when it no longer can hold a full charge.

I tend to keep my phones for more than a year and when I am done, I want to repurpose it or hand it down to my kids.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    While the Evo LTE's battery is "non-removable", it is possible to replace it by removing the screen. Just wanting to swap a battery after a couple years shouldn't be too bad. The people who somehow burn through their battery by lunch time (do your jobs require nonstop phone usage?!) and want to swap them daily are the ones who will have the big problems with this.

Well... you're half right, we are blindly looking at a spec sheet.

2300mAh is still 2300mAh though, and still pushing a screen at 1080p. Screen is going to be the big battery suck here, like always. So somewhere between backlight and battery will be the true story for on-screen time. It doesn't so much matter what SoC the thing is running. SLCD3 is a great leap in display tech but it still requires powering a backlight, even at low levels of brightness.
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomstang View Post
    While the Evo LTE's battery is "non-removable", it is possible to replace it by removing the screen. Just wanting to swap a battery after a couple years shouldn't be too bad. The people who somehow burn through their battery by lunch time (do your jobs require nonstop phone usage?!) and want to swap them daily are the ones who will have the big problems with this.
    With rechargeable power supplies/external batteries, the problem doesn't seem so big.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    With rechargeable power supplies/external batteries, the problem doesn't seem so big.
    Buying a portable power supply was the best investment I made in a long time. Not only is it small enough to carry around on my person, but it will charge any of my phones/devices. Much more versatile than buying extra batteries that can only be used in one device.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and Darth Spock like this.

ROM
    Viper

This is like saying gas tank size is the biggest factor when talking about how far a car can go on a tank. I guess you all are pissed at the car manufactures for no putting 30 gallon plus tank in sedans too? O the ignorance...

No one here knows about the battery life. Wait and see unless you just want to blindly bash the device and give it the false reputation for bad battery life just you all did the DNA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Thanked by 4:
    bigrey81, Ry, robcassman and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by qICEM4Np View Post

I have the DNA and I hardly ever hear anyone complain about the battery life. No, it's not as good as the Razr Maxx HD or Note 2 which have 50%+ more battery capacity, but it gets me through the day. At the moment, my phone has been off the charger for 9 hours and I'm at 66%. Today I have listened to 4 hours of podcasts, taken about 10 phone calls, surfed the web, and sent some texts and emails. That's not too bad imo. Don't sell the One short until we see some real world results; I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Buying a portable power supply was the best investment I made in a long time. Not only is it small enough to carry around on my person, but it will charge any of my phones/devices. Much more versatile than buying extra batteries that can only be used in one device.
    Any models you would recommend? I might pick one up too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast