Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many of you?

Are going to snag this HTC One over the Samsung Galaxy S IV? HTC caught my eye with this one. Is it worth the money (off contract) and chance to go back to HTC or should I just buy the S IV KNOWING i'm going to get one heck of a phone?

ROM
    Viper ROM

Default Re: How many of you?

I'll probably be getting the HTC One...but I cannot say for SURE until the SGS4 gets official specs/debuted.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

I won't buy a new phone until I see the next Nexus device.

Wait a few months until all the new phones are announced in detail then decide. Or better yet wait for full reviews of each to come out.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,011 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Are going to snag this HTC One over the Samsung Galaxy S IV? HTC caught my eye with this one. Is it worth the money (off contract) and chance to go back to HTC or should I just buy the S IV KNOWING i'm going to get one heck of a phone?
    I've asked this to someone else earlier today. Seems like it needs to be asked here too.

What has been officially announced about the Galaxy S IV?
    Last edited by Ry; 02-20-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

If I knew I could put a CM10 or the likes of it on the phone within a month or so I'd buy it on release. I like the way it looks, I like the design, the processor, and especially the screen. I don't know which device I'll end up with but it won't have an AMOLED screen. I know that. What's the norm for HTC phones and roms. I've never owned one, are they bastards like motorola always was about the bootloader?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Thundershed Version 1.5

I would wait till the Samsung Galaxy S4 gets official, personally I think the S4 is going to be better. I don't really have a choice as of now though (Verizon -_-).

Nobody from Verizon will be getting this for a longgg time if at all. They will stick with the DNA and Moto X.

Why are you making buying decisions about phones that don't even exist yet? For all we know, pepperidge farm might come out with a goldfish phone that can cure cancer and make phone calls at the same time!
    prissysox, Ry, jaescott and 4 others like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,982 Global Posts

I'm also torn between this and the S4. I'm going to wait until I see what the S4 has to offer though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

To early to make any decisions. No official specs on SGS 4 so it can't even be judged fairly. HTC has done a good job though from what I keep reading in all the AC blog reviews.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Ry likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    Why are you making buying decisions about phones that don't even exist yet? For all we know, pepperidge farm might come out with a goldfish phone that can cure cancer and make phone calls at the same time!
    Because everyone is going to compare the latest and greatest to the S4. S3 set the bar last time around and the s4 will do the same.

Sent from my Sammy S3
    pblakk likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    To early to make any decisions. No official specs on SGS 4 so it can't even be judged fairly. HTC has done a good job though from what I keep reading in all the AC blog reviews.
    No doubt about that. HTC has a winner on their hands. Just curious to see the s4. Wondering if HTC did enough to persuay me (Samsung guy).

Sent from my Sammy S3

I will never own a Samsung device! So this is simple for me!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

I really love the design of this phone. Samsung needs to bring it, otherwise I'll be buying this one ASAP!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

From the YouTube videos, Sense 5.0 looks far too saturated as a UI and seems like it has a bloat ware effect. I don't care for live tiles either. The S4 we don't know nearly enough about....I'm betting on the S4 by far still. But I will wait out for the new Motorola units before anything, that's for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Torn between xperia z/zl and the one depending on what's available for me. If the gs4 looks spectacular I'd consider that as well though.

I have always been a fan of HTC and chose the One X as my first venture into Android. I loved the OS, but the phone itself was junk. It was the first phone I've ever had where the screen cracked from a fall and it would consistently lose connection when I was in a low service area, then failed to reconnect when changing locations (I missed a lot of calls and texts that didn't show up for hours). The battery life was also terrible. I switched to the Nexus 4 and am probably never going to look back. I will continue to root for the underdog (HTC) but Samsung has a lot power behind it and I can't imagine that the SIV won't blow the HTC One out of the water.
    maryjane2300 likes this.

Yea I've pre ordered mine already, and if the S4 is anything like the S3 in terms of design, and anywhere close to the One in specs, i'll be happy...Hate the Samsung and Galaxy Line...they are great phones, for other people im sure, but, personally i hate the feel of the s3, and the i hate Touchwiz with a passion, Sense kinda guy since i got my Evo 3D....and evo 4g lte....
    coronaboy10 likes this.

I love HTC hardware and I'd love to go back to HTC, but after my Galaxy Note, i don't think I can go back to a smaller screen. I'll probably skip the One and hold out till the Note 3 launches.

Smaller screen no wireless charging, I'm glad I grabbed my DNA. Sg4 sounds like it'll be a killer phone too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Jennifer Stough likes this.

Since the S4 is going to be made by Samsung, I'd go with the HTC One.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i
    droidmyme likes this.

I will be getting The One skipping the GS4 and replacing the Note 2 with a Note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    I will be getting The One skipping the GS4 and replacing the Note 2 with a Note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Just curious, how does that work - do you have voice service on both, or just the One?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

I'm down for a little One. I've never been a fan of how Samsung phones feel in my hand.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus all day every day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast