Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 217
Like Tree54Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by dgwphotography View Post
    With my HTC One S, the multi-task button can double as a menu button, so we don't lose screen real estate with the black bar for the 3-dotted on screen menu button. Sine the One loses a button, can we set up one of the existing buttons to double as a menu button?
    This.

    Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
  2. #52  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Here's a crazy question: How do phone calls sound?
    For those of us who still use our devices to make actual voice calls.
    Thanked by:
  3. #53  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Here's a crazy question: How do phone calls sound?
    For those of us who still use our devices to make actual voice calls.
    What Patchs asked!
  4. #54  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Here's a crazy question: How do phone calls sound?
    For those of us who still use our devices to make actual voice calls.
    Need to get it outside a demo situation first.
    Thanked by:
  5. #55  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by japhule View Post
    Is there also one on the back like the DNA?
    Notification light? I don't believe so. The back is all aluminum (save for those embedded plastic pieces.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Was the power button placement as inconvenient as it looked in the videos?
  7. #57  
    ItnStln511's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    626 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Does the HTC One have the animated weather/clock widget like on the HTC One X?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #58  
    Y2Dre's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Can the screen finally rotate to landscape mode?

    Released from the EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
  9. #59  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    is the screen made of gorilla glass?

    - - - Updated - - -

    is the screen made of gorilla glass?
  10. #60  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    I heard that you can double up the back button for the menu button by long press and double up the home button for the multi tasking button by double tapping, is there anyway to switch those two gestures? To me it makes more sense to long press the back button to get multi tasking (like windows phone) and mapping the menu button to the home button.

    Also, in HTC's IR software, is there a way to configure it to work with an Apple TV? And does the aluminum "feel" like the iPhone or more like HTC's past metal phones like the Inspire 4g?
  11. #61  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    How many microphones are there?
    From pictures I have seen. I
    Counted 3 little holes. One on
    The bottom of the phone, one in the back near the camera, and one
    On the top left side(rail) of the phone
    Where the micro usb port is on the
    Evo 4G LTE.
    Thanks

    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
  12. #62  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    It supports wireless charging correct?

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  13. #63  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,200 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    It supports wireless charging correct?

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Does not.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  14. #64  
    ridie1389's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    How's the overall build quality and does the size of the phone feel like it's huge?
  15. #65  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    If you disable blinkfeed by setting another screen as the default, will it still reside in RAM memory or use CPU? Will it still poll for feeds?
  16. #66  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    How is the performance compared to an AOSP or CM/AOKP phone (s3, One X, EVO LTE, N4...you pick). I have two of the EVO LTE's and the overall performance doesn't measure up to the S3 or an EVO LTE with CM on it. I'm hoping Sense 5 is much speedier. The BIGGEST problem i've had with my EVO LTE's is that the Browser performance doesn't compare to it with CM or an S3. Image heavy sites sutter and fail (boat, chrome, dolphin and stock) while Stock on S3 TW or CM is literally Apple Smooth. I'm wondering if the increase in RAM and processor has fixed this. Its painful to go from a CM rom back to a Sense rom. Here is hoping its not anymore because the HTC camera is a lifesaver with the kids
  17. #67  
    yokken's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Was the power button placement as inconvenient as it looked in the videos?
    Seconding this... I don't approve of the power button being on top of tall phones. At least they put the microUSB port on the bottom....
  18. #68  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by svinyard View Post
    How is the performance compared to an AOSP or CM/AOKP phone (s3, One X, EVO LTE, N4...you pick). I have two of the EVO LTE's and the overall performance doesn't measure up to the S3 or an EVO LTE with CM on it. I'm hoping Sense 5 is much speedier. The BIGGEST problem i've had with my EVO LTE's is that the Browser performance doesn't compare to it with CM or an S3. Image heavy sites sutter and fail (boat, chrome, dolphin and stock) while Stock on S3 TW or CM is literally Apple Smooth. I'm wondering if the increase in RAM and processor has fixed this. Its painful to go from a CM rom back to a Sense rom. Here is hoping its not anymore because the HTC camera is a lifesaver with the kids
    You just named, like, seven devices with 7,000 variables.
    Darth Spock and revtech like this.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ridie1389 View Post
    How's the overall build quality and does the size of the phone feel like it's huge?
    Any comparison pictures (size) to a DNA?
  20. #70  
    david279's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Still have custom lock screens? Weather, stocks, etc...

    Also how fast does it boot up?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  21. #71  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    I've had both the EVO 4G as well as the LTE version, and it seemed that the 4G LTE was plauged by hardware issues. I went through 3 of them before my carrier gave me the option to switch to the SGS3 (which I did) so I hope HTC has fixed some of their quality control issues before I decide to come back.

    But from a software perspective, has HTC added a drop down toggle bar for BT, WiFi, Sound/Vibrate, Mobile Data, etc...much as Samsung did? None of the 3rd Party apps I tried seemed to do the job as good as an integrated solution. Also, I had to click through a number of screens when turning on Navigation with the HTC 4G LTE. With Samsung it's just one click, has HTC improved that process?

    I also thought the kickstand was a great feature and used it a lot, although the power / usb port made it more inconvienent to use on the 4G LTE than on the original EVO 4G. It'd probably be difficult to implement with a uni-body design, but did they have any input about this particular design change? The case might be a good option, but I'll miss the kickstand with the bright red inset!

    David
  22. #72  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    Does the HTC One have the animated weather/clock widget like on the HTC One X?
    I hope the old one (or something similar) is still in there, too. One of my first thoughts was how plain-jane the monochrome weather/clock widget looks in all the pics. Seems shockingly plain/dated, given the nice high-res display.

    Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    At least they put the microUSB port on the bottom....
    Amen to that! Still not used to it being on the side of my Evo LTE.
    wpavlik2 likes this.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    I currently have the HTC EVO LTE on sprint. We all know how in love @philnickinson is with this thing. (i say that cause i'm not sure if i can tag him or not, if you can, someone please do that for me). Battery life on it: pretty good, at 2100 mAh. Is it worth it for the extra 200 mAh? I'd be losing a kickstand (returned to me with a flip case) and a microsd card slot (but could grab the big mama 64 GB version). So spec wise, I'm not sure if its worth the Upgrade? I also have no upgrade and would have to pay full price. If the EVO LTE does not get 4.2 jb, ill be okay, so long as it get sense 5. if it 4.2 jb but not sense 5, ill still be sort of ok. If it gets neither, i'll be pissed. I've also been saving for an N10 tab, but now i'm waiting for the refresh at I/O. In short, I can't decide, get the ONE and kill off my EVO and skip out on the tablet? or Keep my EVO , wait 1.5 years til my upgrade on sprint, and grab me that nice new tab?
  24. #74  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by goggles6 View Post
    I currently have the HTC EVO LTE on sprint. We all know how in love @philnickinson is with this thing. (i say that cause i'm not sure if i can tag him or not, if you can, someone please do that for me). Battery life on it: pretty good, at 2100 mAh. Is it worth it for the extra 200 mAh? I'd be losing a kickstand (returned to me with a flip case) and a microsd card slot (but could grab the big mama 64 GB version). So spec wise, I'm not sure if its worth the Upgrade? I also have no upgrade and would have to pay full price. If the EVO LTE does not get 4.2 jb, ill be okay, so long as it get sense 5. if it 4.2 jb but not sense 5, ill still be sort of ok. If it gets neither, i'll be pissed. I've also been saving for an N10 tab, but now i'm waiting for the refresh at I/O. In short, I can't decide, get the ONE and kill off my EVO and skip out on the tablet? or Keep my EVO , wait 1.5 years til my upgrade on sprint, and grab me that nice new tab?
    Might be worth it for the SoC and more RAM ... Never mind the better camera? We'll just have to see.

    And right now I'd say I'm in lust. Can't love something without doing more than feeling it up.
    revtech likes this.
  25. #75  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,807 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

    Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by buttered up 85 View Post
    is the screen made of gorilla glass?

    - - - Updated - - -

    is the screen made of gorilla glass?
    Yep. Gorilla Glass 2.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's The Most Data You've Used In A Month?
    By cj100570 in forum Verizon
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
  2. I've got the HTC One V. ASK ME QUESTIONS, INTERNET
    By Alex Dobie in forum HTC One V
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-18-2013, 03:39 AM
  3. boredom: what is the coolest thing you've done with your e4gt
    By briandearing in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM
  4. what's the max voltage you've ever gotten...
    By dave1812dave in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 08:28 AM
  5. Any one actually use the HTC "Scenes"?
    By dylan808 in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

B