Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Default Re: I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

I'm sure hoping that they don't have much more tinkering to do with the camera, as I just spoke minutes ago with HTC. Supposedly it will be available in the "next 7 days" with ATT. And she was quite sure. If so, tinkering time is up. I'm really interested in the call quality as I am hard of hearing. Any news?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I heard that you can double up the back button for the menu button by long press and double up the home button for the multi tasking button by double tapping, is there anyway to switch those two gestures? To me it makes more sense to long press the back button to get multi tasking (like windows phone) and mapping the menu button to the home button.

Also, in HTC's IR software, is there a way to configure it to work with an Apple TV? And does the aluminum "feel" like the iPhone or more like HTC's past metal phones like the Inspire 4g?
    Already stated that it feels like aluminum. No finish on top of it.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

1. Does the personalize option still include "scenes "?

I use my phone for work (Airline Pilot) and personal. Obviously, my "app usage " is very different at work or home. I have always used an HTC in part because of scenes. When I am at work, I just select "work " and my homescreens change to all my aviation apps and widgets. This is not a feature I want to lose.

2. Can you disable the clock / weather widget in the app drawer?

When I am at work, and am off flying I obviously make use of flight mode lots. For this reason, my work scene never includes any kind of weather clock, I have Metar widgets for that. Having the standard widget omni present in the app drawer would be annoying.

Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    I hope the old one (or something similar) is still in there, too. One of my first thoughts was how plain-jane the monochrome weather/clock widget looks in all the pics. Seems shockingly plain/dated, given the nice high-res display.
    I know! I miss the clock and animations I had on my HTC Rezound when I switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I actually had to buy Beautiful Widgets, but that's still not close enough to the old Sense Clock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Already stated that it feels like aluminum. No finish on top of it.
    The metal will be anodised. Black obviously for the black one, and clear for the silver one. You can't leave Aluminium bare as it will oxidise. Anodising is a 'controlled' oxidisation that 'seals' it, and also the process makes the aluminium much tougher, scratch resistant etc.
    kevinnugent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    I know! I miss the clock and animations I had on my HTC Rezound when I switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I actually had to buy Beautiful Widgets, but that's still not close enough to the old Sense Clock.

Phil will say for sure, but the Mobile syrup reviewer noted the old style weather clock is still available as a widget, it is simply not already on a homescreen by default. Default is blink and one blank "Home " screen.

The specs show the One doesn't have removable storage, is that true? And if so, any idea why HTC didn't include it? (I've got a 3 month old 32gb card for my Desire HD and I feel like it's gonna be wasted)

Any idea how the scaling works with such a large screen? Do widgets/icons look weird compared to a lower res version?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Seriously though, how out-of-reach is that power button? I hate having to readjust the phone in my hand (and risk dropping it in the process) just to lock and unlock the screen.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    Seriously though, how out-of-reach is that power button? I hate having to readjust the phone in my hand (and risk dropping it in the process) just to lock and unlock the screen.
    It's the opposite placement of the evo lte button. You'll get used to it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    hounddogdaddy likes this.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david279 View Post
    It's the opposite placement of the evo lte button. You'll get used to it.
    I've become quite used to having the power button on the side since my SGS2, SGS3, and Nexus 4. I like almost everything else about this phone, but man... why the top? Why? Is there any functional reason for putting it so high up?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Its not that bad. Don't get a headache over it, you'll get used to it. Great phone either way.

Also remember its a IR sensor. Nobody uses their remote control from the side.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    SPRTUSR likes this.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david279 View Post
    Its not that bad. Don't get a headache over it, you'll get used to it. Great phone either way.

Also remember its a IR sensor. Nobody uses their remote control from the side.
    I honestly don't care about the IR blaster, and will never use it. It seems like a fluff feature to me. Cool idea, but I doubt there will be many apps that use it. Why not focus on ergonomics? I feel like I'm gonna get carpal tunnel every time I use my friend's Evo LTE... and my hands aren't small by any means.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmitr View Post
    Phil will say for sure, but the Mobile syrup reviewer noted the old style weather clock is still available as a widget, it is simply not already on a homescreen by default. Default is blink and one blank "Home " screen.

That's good news then. I can't wait to get this phone!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Arty Marty View Post
    The metal will be anodised. Black obviously for the black one, and clear for the silver one. You can't leave Aluminium bare as it will oxidise. Anodising is a 'controlled' oxidisation that 'seals' it, and also the process makes the aluminium much tougher, scratch resistant etc.
    True enough. I should've been more specific. No rubberized finish or anything like that. I did find which means the non-black aluminum could be raw, right? Pretty sure Apple said the "white" iPhone 5 was unfinished aluminum (don't quote me on that, I didn't read all the launch articles).
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Alex and Phil, I have one simple question concerning the HTC One. Not counting the screen size or even the hardware, if you had to choose between the HTC One and the Note 2(take away the S-Pen), which would you take? Strictly a software decision is what I'm looking for, I just want to know how it compares software wise, minus the S-Pen feature on the Note 2.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    I honestly don't care about the IR blaster, and will never use it. It seems like a fluff feature to me. Cool idea, but I doubt there will be many apps that use it. Why not focus on ergonomics? I feel like I'm gonna get carpal tunnel every time I use my friend's Evo LTE... and my hands aren't small by any means.
    I remember reading or hearing about how the IR blaster is a much bigger deal over seas in Asia. If I get a chance I will try and find the source and edit this. Anyways, the reach to the power button isn't as bad as you may think. I have a DNA which I believe is a little taller than the One, and although awkward at first it quickly becomes natural.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    I remember reading or hearing about how the IR blaster is a much bigger deal over seas in Asia.
    That's pretty much how HTC presented it to us.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    Alex and Phil, I have one simple question concerning the HTC One. Not counting the screen size or even the hardware, if you had to choose between the HTC One and the Note 2(take away the S-Pen), which would you take? Strictly a software decision is what I'm looking for, I just want to know how it compares software wise, minus the S-Pen feature on the Note 2.
    Software-wise, I'll take Sense any day of the week over TouchWiz. But that's a personal decision.

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmitr View Post

I've also said exactly this same thing.
    Thanked by:
    jmitr 

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    If you disable blinkfeed by setting another screen as the default, will it still reside in RAM memory or use CPU? Will it still poll for feeds?

Requesting inside information: Any news of a Verizon variant of this phone? Rezound is good but upgrade time is coming in a month..

ROM
    Stock

i only need to know two things about this phone to want to upgrade...is the battery at least as good as my EVO 4G LTE? and is the LTE antenna better then my EVO 4G LTE. I have LTE all over my small city and can barely use it due to the antenna never connecting. GF's iphone 5 does it no problem.
    DWS44 likes this.

Alex/Phil, what about the MHL Media Link connectivity? I use the wireless adapter quite alot to stream stuff from my phone to my TV and that'd be awesome if the One had it..?

Also, I have the One X+ which doesn't use a partition for apps/media, can you confirm the One has no partition either?

Thanks!
    Last edited by sniffs; 02-21-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

I apologize in advance if I missed the answer to this..

With my HTC One S, the multi-task button can double as a menu button, so we don't lose screen real estate with the black bar for the 3-dotted on screen menu button. Sine the One loses a button, can we set up one of the existing buttons to double as a menu button?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I've also said exactly this same thing.
    Thanks for confirming that.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast