Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Isn't blinkfeed basically just flipboard widgets?

Copying the new HTC One "blinkfeed" screen, with a twist - Ubuntu sidebar. Threw in a calender widget as well. I just did this to see if there was really any point to having it as a built in feature

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: Isn't blinkfeed basically just flipboard widgets?

If you would have listened to the pod cast yesterday Phil mention how it is basically flip board but you can't do a lot customization

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts

That's not to say you can't add a whole bunch of feeds -- you just can't add custom feeds yet. (Which sucks, imho)

Yes, but your grandma/mother/general member of the population who has no idea what Flipboard is and wouldn't download it may enjoy this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yes, but your grandma/mother/general member of the population who has no idea what Flipboard is and wouldn't download it may enjoy this feature.
    This is exactly what I'm curious to see. While I don't really like what I've seen of it so far, I'm wondering if others who are not so into the geekery will like the ease of use.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize19 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm curious to see. While I don't really like what I've seen of it so far, I'm wondering if others who are not so into the geekery will like the ease of use.

I think it will be a hit with non-geeky people. For example, my wife is very much not in to tech. She had never heard of Flipboard or Stumbleupon. I told her about them and helped her set up stumbleupon, and she loves it. Its not something she would have ever tried unless either: 1. Someone showed it to her or 2. It was built in and was set up as part of setting up the phone. I could see this being pretty popular with the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I think it will be a hit with non-geeky people. For example, my wife is very much not in to tech. She had never heard of Flipboard or Stumbleupon. I told her about them and helped her set up stumbleupon, and she loves it. Its not something she would have ever tried unless either: 1. Someone showed it to her or 2. It was built in and was set up as part of setting up the phone. I could see this being pretty popular with the general public.
    This seems to be the consensus opinion thus far. I'm hoping this will turn out to be a great selling point for the general population, something new and different that will draw them in.

Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House

I think it is awesome, all your interests, right there! And if your not into it, you don't have to use it! Best of both worlds!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Well your mock-up looks good, but Flipboard's widget doesn't allow you to, say, have Facebook in the upper box and Twitter in the lower one. In fact, when I added two widgets like you did, it actually showed me the same post in both at once.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

that's exactly what I was thinking just a bunch of flip boards!