Not interested

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
64GB isn't enough?

I'm sorry, but just what in the world are you storing on your phone where 64GB isn't enough?

Apps, Games, eBooks, Music, Magazines, Documents, Videos, Podcasts (Video and Audio), Pictures (though at 4MP, they won't be as huge as some current smartphones that don't over-compress like HTC is known to do), Cached YouTube Watch Later Lists, etc.

These things tend to weigh a lot, you know...

Most people get more than they need, to be safe that they won't be forced to buy another handset if their requirements overrun the device capacity.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, only AT&T said they'd be carrying both the 32GB and 64GB models. Do you think T-Mobile and/or Sprint would leave out a model?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Apps, Games, eBooks, Music, Magazines, Documents, Videos, Podcasts (Video and Audio), Pictures (though at 4MP, they won't be as huge as some current smartphones that don't over-compress like HTC is known to do), Cached YouTube Watch Later Lists, etc.

Most people get more than they need, to be safe that they won't be forced to buy another handset if their requirements overrun the device capacity.

So really no SD card is why u aren't interested. Is their any phone that has more than 64gb of onboard storage?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

They don't 'weigh enough' to burn through 64 GB. If they do, then the person that owns the phone has issues.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not innovative. Sony has smartphones with IR blasters in them, and I think their tablets had them as well. They can do the same thing, too (double up as remotes).

Nothing innovative in that.

Right, but to be fair, that's a newer thing for the western market that HTC is trying to make more mainstream. I give them credit for that. And that Sony phone with the IR blaster you mentioned, the ZL, isn't launched yet. The people in Japan laugh at what we call innovative, they've had it for awhile and then it eventually trickles down to us.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
They don't 'weigh enough' to burn through 64 GB. If they do, then the person that owns the phone has issues.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Or they should probably get a DSLR and 2 64gb memory cards for their photos and videos.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Still doesn't come with a cake that 6 women pop out of...

Still doesn't wipe your ass for you, get you a beer, make you a pizza and drive you to work.

Not interested.

How about if you don't care for it, you just don't post it. Honestly I dont think anyone on these forums gives a crap if you get it or not.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
lol. Be sure to let us know how you feel after actually using it, m'kay? :)

It's definitely a big step up.

Translation: "Hello, OP. I'm Phil. I've actually held the phone. I've played with it a bit, used some of the features a bit. I'll certainly be molesting it for my review and tossing it around long before you will even think about seeing it in a store. I know that it's quite a bit more than what you think it is not and I've only just scratched the surface in the short time I had with it. So grab a napkin homie: you just got served."

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow ok so I seem to have struck a nerve with some.

If you haven't had a new phone in the last two years then I can certainly see someone jumping on board. I just don't see this being that ground breaking only a few months after the One X+ released. My rant about innovation is meant that everyone seems to be satisfied with current hardware configurations that stop at 64GB. I travel a lot and like to load movies on my phone and it would be nice to have more space.

I don't understand why a microSD slot is such a big deal to not add it. With the price of phones and contracts being what they are these days I just didn't see anything here that says "I have to own this phone and put the One X+ in a drawer"

MG

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow ok so I seem to have struck a nerve with some.

If you haven't had a new phone in the last two years then I can certainly see someone jumping on board. I just don't see this being that ground breaking only a few months after the One X+ released. My rant about innovation is meant that everyone seems to be satisfied with current hardware configurations that stop at 64GB. I travel a lot and like to load movies on my phone and it would be nice to have more space.

I don't understand why a microSD slot is such a big deal to not add it. With the price of phones and contracts being what they are these days I just didn't see anything here that says "I have to own this phone and put the One X+ in a drawer"

MG

MicroSD has been deprecated by google. It isn't really even supported officially anymore.

Also, even with loading up movies, 64gb is plenty. If you have enough movies that it isn't, you'd be better off getting a tablet.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger screen...

I don't see anything here to make me want to switch from a One X+, or a Samsung GSIII, or an iPhone for that matter....

There is no innovation happening, maybe on the camera front but only slightly. Samsung is the only one doing anything close to innovating and even that is marginal. Mfg's still haven't learned that to beat Apple you have to innovate and give people things that don't exist on any other device today and this is why Apple can still dominate the market with only minor tweaks to their devices every year because no one is competing...

<END OF RANT>

MG

The iPhone looks like an OG gameboy compared to my DNA, so I'm sure the one would additionally put it to shame.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

jiggyb21

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a lose-lose for many of these manufacturers.......On one hand, if they don't "innovate" enough from model to model, they are bashed for it, they've lost their way. If they make the next gen phone too much better than the previous they don't care about their customers anymore. I think we have certainly reached the crest of cellphone "innovation". I put that word in quotes because what the hell does it even mean in terms of cell phones, there's no such thing anymore. Don't confuse innovation with gimmicks. Is a cell phone that tracks your eyes innovative? It's a gimmick, there's no possible real-world use for it, save for an armless person I suppose. I love my S3, but honestly that's what has turned me off Samsung in general, they're not innovating, they are coming up with new gimmicks and advertising the hell out of them. I wouldn't be caught dead putting my phone up to my friend's phone in some weird S3 high-five to share a song......and then look back at a crowd of people as I walk away thinking I'm so cool. There's a reason everyone complains in one way or another about manufacturer UI skins, they're full of gimmicks. Sooner or later people will start comparing hardware to hardware and that's when we start getting innovation in the battery, screen and sound departments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey