Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Not interested

There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger screen...

I don't see anything here to make me want to switch from a One X+, or a Samsung GSIII, or an iPhone for that matter....

There is no innovation happening, maybe on the camera front but only slightly. Samsung is the only one doing anything close to innovating and even that is marginal. Mfg's still haven't learned that to beat Apple you have to innovate and give people things that don't exist on any other device today and this is why Apple can still dominate the market with only minor tweaks to their devices every year because no one is competing...

<END OF RANT>

MG
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Default Re: Not interested

Quote Originally Posted by moregadgets View Post
    There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger screen...

I don't see anything here to make me want to switch from a One X+, or a Samsung GSIII, or an iPhone for that matter....

There is no innovation happening, maybe on the camera front but only slightly. Samsung is the only one doing anything close to innovating and even that is marginal. Mfg's still haven't learned that to beat Apple you have to innovate and give people things that don't exist on any other device today and this is why Apple can still dominate the market with only minor tweaks to their devices every year because no one is competing...

<END OF RANT>

MG
    lol. Be sure to let us know how you feel after actually using it, m'kay?

It's definitely a big step up.
    Thanked by 23:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

There is nothing here... Still a max of 64GB available, still no MicroSD, no inductive charging, marginally better camera, slightly larger battery, larger
    To quote (somewhat) one of my favorite movies of all time: "If you [need more than 64GB storage], then I am Mickey Mouse!"

In all seriousness, though, how do you define innovation? We've reached a pinnacle where things can only improve on the margin. We can cram more pixels into the display, we can make it flexible, we can up the camera quality, we can increase the storage, we can add another four cores... In the end, how do you even define innovation? A smartphone, in essence, is a smartphone, and can only be made better through "marginal" innovations. Perhaps you want Google Glass? That defines a whole new product line. But it's no longer a "smartphone" per se. I think HTC did a wonderful job to create an incredible phone. What else could they have done? Turn the phone into an autobot that could blow rush hour traffic away? Other then that, I think it's plenty "innovative" relative to the current smartphone market.
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

in·no·va·tion Pronunciation: \i-n-vā-shn\Function: noun Date: 15th century 1 : the introduction of something new 2 : a new idea

The HTC has an infrared power button which will double as a TV remote.

You think that's not innovating? Ok, fine, then show me what other smartphone has an infrared power button, hmmm?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    reinangel and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    in·no·va·tion Pronunciation: \i-n-vā-shn\Function: noun Date: 15th century 1 : the introduction of something new 2 : a new idea

You think that's not innovating? Ok, fine, then show me what other smartphone has an infrared power button, hmmm?

that's what i thought when I bought my Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet with infrared out. Cool feature... but I only used it once during the last several months.

when you got your eyes on the TV and your hands on your lady sitting next to you, the last thing you want to do is to use a smartphone/tablet to control the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post
    that's what i thought when I bought my Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 tablet with infrared out. Cool feature... but I only used it once during the last several months.

when you got your eyes on the TV and your hands on your lady sitting next to you, the last thing you want to do is to use a smartphone/tablet to control the TV.
    Not sure how that relates to the conversation, but ok.

Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threepackape View Post

Why not you embarrassed?

My tablet is a much better remote for sky than the actual remote itself

The HTC ONE will be mine! Love the zoe feature! Op is on crack!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    reinangel and blessedred like this.

To the OP:

What exactly are you looking for in your next smartphone?

Sent from my DNA
    Darth Spock likes this.

MG
    64GB isn't enough?

I'm sorry, but just what in the world are you storing on your phone where 64GB isn't enough?
    Thanked by 2:
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    64GB isn't enough?

I'm sorry, but just what in the world are you storing on your phone where 64GB isn't enough?
    Probably something he can't mention here or he'd get banned. :P
    Thanked by 2:
    blessedred and go3go like this.

Typical sd card troll! With 32gb there is no need for one!

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

These threads are awesome.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    paul-c and Rizz1-2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    To quote (somewhat) one of my favorite movies of all time: "If you [need more than 64GB storage], then I am Mickey Mouse!"

In all seriousness, though, how do you define innovation? We've reached a pinnacle where things can only improve on the margin. We can cram more pixels into the display, we can make it flexible, we can up the camera quality, we can increase the storage, we can add another four cores... In the end, how do you even define innovation? A smartphone, in essence, is a smartphone, and can only be made better through "marginal" innovations. Perhaps you want Google Glass? That defines a whole new product line. But it's no longer a "smartphone" per se. I think HTC did a wonderful job to create an incredible phone. What else could they have done? Turn the phone into an autobot that could blow rush hour traffic away? Other then that, I think it's plenty "innovative" relative to the current smartphone market.
    "How dare he?" That's what's cool about innovation - you can't always predict what's next.
    luke31 likes this.

I just hope at&t gets the 64gb version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Typical sd card troll! With 32gb there is no need for one!

But the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Viper

What exactly was innovative about the s3? 2gig of ram? Some little software things? That's it. No new display. No new anything really. Just a good mix of what we already had.

I guess apple ppl(and arguably Samsung ppl these days) gauge innovation by number of units sold...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

"Innovative" is so overused.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

TheLibertarian likes this.

Honestly, I gave Samsung a try for my first Android phone, but now that the ante has been upped in storage space here. I'm thinking my next just might be HTC. The 64gb black version will be hard to beat!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    4,269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post

It's not innovative. Sony has smartphones with IR blasters in them, and I think their tablets had them as well. They can do the same thing, too (double up as remotes).

Nothing innovative in that.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

I'd rather have 64GB of onboard storage since you can't install apps on an SD card.

Global Posts
    4,269 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    64GB isn't enough?

Apps, Games, eBooks, Music, Magazines, Documents, Videos, Podcasts (Video and Audio), Pictures (though at 4MP, they won't be as huge as some current smartphones that don't over-compress like HTC is known to do), Cached YouTube Watch Later Lists, etc.

These things tend to weigh a lot, you know...

Most people get more than they need, to be safe that they won't be forced to buy another handset if their requirements overrun the device capacity.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

IIRC, only AT&T said they'd be carrying both the 32GB and 64GB models. Do you think T-Mobile and/or Sprint would leave out a model?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts

Default Not interested

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Probably something he can't mention here or he'd get banned. :P
    No that's not it. I have 32 gigs and plenty of THAT, and room left over.
    reinangel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Apps, Games, eBooks, Music, Magazines, Documents, Videos, Podcasts (Video and Audio), Pictures (though at 4MP, they won't be as huge as some current smartphones that don't over-compress like HTC is known to do), Cached YouTube Watch Later Lists, etc.

These things tend to weigh a lot, you know...

Most people get more than they need, to be safe that they won't be forced to buy another handset if their requirements overrun the device capacity.
    So really no SD card is why u aren't interested. Is their any phone that has more than 64gb of onboard storage?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast