Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Will Sprint fugly it up?

Quote Originally Posted by integralus View Post
    As a phone salesman, it seems that the Evo name doesn't hold that much significance anymore. It only seems to be positive to a very small percentage of HTC fans and that's it. It seems more likely that Sprint drops the name rather than shoving it into their One's name or on a separate unit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    This seems to play out in my local Sprint store. Last time I was in to look at phones for my wife, not one employee carried the EVO LTE. They all had GS3 or Notes, and the sales girl we spoke to had no knowledge of the EVO to speak of. This speaks to both our subject matter, as well as the quality of her sales education IMHO. One should be knowledgeable about the entire lineup as a sales rep, instead of answering "I don't know much about that phone". I would think that a customized version specific to Sprint would at least be pushed by the staff in some small way. I wanted specific questions answered regarding call quality and 3G reception (no LTE in the foreseeable future here), and I went away with no more info than I went in with.

And here is the official Sprint web display.

If they were going to mess with it, they would have done it before posting this on their site.
    msndrstood likes this.

I say no, there's nothing on my Note 2 and there wasn't anything that I can think of on my Evo LTE.

If it's on the sprint website, that pretty much settles the question whether or not the phone will stay the same through US carriers

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMeds23 View Post
    I hope HTC sticks to their guns with both Spring and Verizon. It worked for Samsung. Manufactures need to stand up to the carriers. I hate verizon. That "verizon" logo on the note 2 pisses me off.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AFD...idcentral00-20
    Here's your solution. I don't understand why people whine about things that don't decrease the phone function. Now bloatware, it eats up my memory and can't be removed without tampering with the basics of my phone. Lets complain about that.
    Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

And here is the official Sprint web display.

If they were going to mess with it, they would have done it before posting this on their site.
    I agree. Not to mention Apple gets away with no carrier branding, why can't HTC? I really hope they keep this free of any Sprint branding on the case.

(Someone said EVO LTE had none, there is a faint Sprint branding on the back but its barely noticeable)

Global Posts
    4,243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

They will probably throw Sprint ID in it :-(

Sent from my AT&T Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AFD...idcentral00-20
    Here's your solution. I don't understand why people whine about things that don't decrease the phone function. Now bloatware, it eats up my memory and can't be removed without tampering with the basics of my phone. Lets complain about that.
    Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    I agree. Bloatware is more bothersome than branding.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Esqueda View Post
    Obviously, they aren't yet in that position with Verizon, who will (more than likely) insist on a DROID-branded version of the phone, to be launched later than The One so it seems "newer."
    Verizon in a nutshell.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

I don't think Sprint will. Look at the Galaxy Note II, no Sprint branding on their version. Then there is the LG Optimus G, looks just like the international version with no branding either. I'd be willing to bet this won't have branding either allowing HTC to keep the phone the way they designed it.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

With the HTC EVO Sales HTC might not have much of a choice, they didn't do too well at all. Sprint will probably get some type of evo offset.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    There's a good question ... Will *any* of the carriers get to modify things on the HTC One?
    Removable battery, micro sd card support, kickstand,
    FTW!

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.0

As if this helps anything, it looks like the only hardware modification AT&T has done is put a small globe on the bottom of the HTC One's back.

Quote Originally Posted by bduran727 View Post
    As if this helps anything, it looks like the only hardware modification AT&T has done is put a small globe on the bottom of the HTC One's back.
    Source?

EDIT: Found it here

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.0

Source?

EDIT: Found it here

Yep! you have to look really close at the small picture of the back and you can barely see it!

It would be cool to see carriers have there own carrier colors kinda, but itd also look ugly for Sprint and T-Mobile. Idont see Sprint messing up the design other than adding "Sprint" on the back or front. That goes for all the carriers also

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    There's a good question ... Will *any* of the carriers get to modify things on the HTC One?
    Does HTC have the ability/power/influence to keep the carriers from modifying the design?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJxDARIENx View Post
    It would be cool to see carriers have there own carrier colors kinda, but itd also look ugly for Sprint and T-Mobile. Idont see Sprint messing up the design other than adding "Sprint" on the back or front. That goes for all the carriers also
    Haha! I would LOVE a magenta ONE on T-Mo!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Does HTC have the ability/power/influence to keep the carriers from modifying the design?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha! I would LOVE a magenta ONE on T-Mo!
    Never gonna happen. Remember the One is constructed from milled aluminum, it is a higher quality and more expensive material. You can't just crank out colors like Nokia does with the polycarbonate back...

hodan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    The sad reality is that they probably won't do anything to it, except for maybe slapping a logo on the back. I say sad because of all the carrier mods on all of the phones I've ever seen, Sprint does it right. They don't plaster their name everywhere. They don't lock everything down. With each iteration of phones they put less and less of their own apps on the device. Most importantly, they add functionality (see: kickstand, microSD slot, bigger battery, 3D*). I wish HTC would make all of their devices more EVO-like. Not only would everyone get to experience the joy of owning an EVO, but the world would probably be a better place.
    And don't forget the EVO LTE was the first of the One series to be of milled aluminum frame.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Never gonna happen. Remember the One is constructed from milled aluminum, it is a higher quality and more expensive material. You can't just crank out colors like Nokia does with the polycarbonate back...

He had a great thought though. Im sure later in the year they will release a color other than black and silver/grey.. Maybe even a ALL white frame like the EVO-LTE. That looked AMAZIN!

Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    There is a case with a kickstand! Look at the pic's from yesterday...
    Where did you see this? I am curious to see the accessories that can go with this gadget, but haven't been able to find any photos.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post
    Where did you see this? I am curious to see the accessories that can go with this gadget, but haven't been able to find any photos.

Thanks!
    Article here: First look at the HTC One cases, charger and dock | Android Central

5th pic is the kickstand case.
    Thanked by:

I wish Sprint would make one change to it and add a microSD slot.
    And maybe a kickstand. The SD card is important. Not comfortable anymore with internal storage only
    J
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12