Will Sprint fugly it up?

Ashley Esqueda

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I hope not!

Perhaps HTC is finally in a position to negotiate with Sprint over the name/look of the device. Obviously, they aren't yet in that position with Verizon, who will (more than likely) insist on a DROID-branded version of the phone, to be launched later than The One so it seems "newer."

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I hope HTC sticks to their guns with both Spring and Verizon. It worked for Samsung. Manufactures need to stand up to the carriers. I hate verizon. That "verizon" logo on the note 2 pisses me off.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I also hope none of the carriers touch the design of this phone it will be great for HTC if its released everywhere with the same chassis if anything the only thing I see added to the black model for sprint is red accents

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One is on my shortlist of what I will upgrade to, but if Sprint touches the design of this phone I will not buy it. I messed up by buying the EVO LTE. This thing has no wide sweeping community support like the Galaxy S3 does. Less than a couple months after getting my EVO LTE interest in the forums was gone and updates are few and far between (very disappointing). Lesson learned and next time I will buy a cross carrier widely adopted phone that is not "Sprint-ified"

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One is on my shortlist of what I will upgrade to, but if Sprint touches the design of this phone I will not buy it. I messed up by buying the EVO LTE. This thing has no wide sweeping community support like the Galaxy S3 does. Less than a couple months after getting my EVO LTE interest in the forums was gone and updates are few and far between (very disappointing). Lesson learned and next time I will buy a cross carrier widely adopted phone that is not "Sprint-ified"
Sadly the only carrier that would share Sprints version would be Verizon and they aren't getting it. Because of the radio differences Sprint's HTC one will always have a separate dev community.

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I gave mine to my son and added a line to get Note 2 like you said not enough support for it from devs

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope HTC follows along the same lines that Sammy did with the S3. Aside from carrier related bloatware they all pretty much remained the same across the board well cough ** Verizon ** cough.. as usual had to lock the boot loader & throw more bloat on their end.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I say no also. I think one of HTCs biggest problems is they dilute their brand recognition by putting different phones on different carriers. They need to unify their image like the other manufacturers. Obviously their current strategy isn't working.

Yes absolutely.

I agree, hope they minimally modify it.

Sadly the only carrier that would share Sprints version would be Verizon and they aren't getting it. Because of the radio differences Sprint's HTC one will always have a separate dev community.

Yeah, we Sprint folks get the short end of the stick a lot. But that hasn't stopped us from making quality ROMs. Are there as many ROMs for Sprint devices as other carriers? No. But there are good ones available.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Who knows... Maybe Sprint will get that kickstand back in there eh? That might be an acceptable customizing by Sprint.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
There will be one sprint logo for sure. Just no sprint yellow please, no yellow box, none of that......that yellow just hurts my eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Lets hope HTC follows along the same lines that Sammy did with the S3. Aside from carrier related bloatware they all pretty much remained the same across the board well cough ** Verizon ** cough.. as usual had to lock the boot loader & throw more bloat on their end.

Right! That would definitely help with accessories for the phone. Wouldn't matter what carrier or country, the external phone size/shape would be the same...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173