Will Sprint fugly it up?

Ryanalan82i

Banned
Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
How about everyone stop saying that it's so perfect. it's close but they still need to add an sd card like last yr. if u keep saying it's so great they will listen to that and keep the current screw ups.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
The only disappointment I have is with the fact that i just got a 32 gig sd card for my Evo LTE. Granted....I have 32 gigs of storage on my Nexus 7 and its nowhere close to full, even with flashing roms and backups and what not. There is always the OTG and usb storage option if you really absolutely have to have the extra storage I spose....well hopefully I haven't actually seen that in action obviously.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The sad reality is that they probably won't do anything to it, except for maybe slapping a logo on the back. I say sad because of all the carrier mods on all of the phones I've ever seen, Sprint does it right. They don't plaster their name everywhere. They don't lock everything down. With each iteration of phones they put less and less of their own apps on the device. Most importantly, they add functionality (see: kickstand, microSD slot, bigger battery, 3D*). I wish HTC would make all of their devices more EVO-like. Not only would everyone get to experience the joy of owning an EVO, but the world would probably be a better place.

* Please keep the "3D is a gimmick" comments to yourself. It added something to an already good device. If you used it, like I did, it was pretty damn good. If you didn't, the phone still took decent stills and videos in 2D. Either way, it didn't sacrifice performance to accommodate the 3D camera. The only thing we lost was the kickstand.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Since the "One" isn't being called an "Evo", I wonder what this means for the Evo line with Sprint. This mean it's dead? All Evos have been HTC devices, but hard to imagine HTC making a separate top-level phone just for Sprint at this point...especially one to compete directly with the One.

integralus

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Since the "One" isn't being called an "Evo", I wonder what this means for the Evo line with Sprint. This mean it's dead? All Evos have been HTC devices, but hard to imagine HTC making a separate top-level phone just for Sprint at this point...especially one to compete directly with the One.

As a phone salesman, it seems that the Evo name doesn't hold that much significance anymore. It only seems to be positive to a very small percentage of HTC fans and that's it. It seems more likely that Sprint drops the name rather than shoving it into their One's name or on a separate unit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
As a phone salesman, it seems that the Evo name doesn't hold that much significance anymore. It only seems to be positive to a very small percentage of HTC fans and that's it. It seems more likely that Sprint drops the name rather than shoving it into their One's name or on a separate unit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

This seems to play out in my local Sprint store. Last time I was in to look at phones for my wife, not one employee carried the EVO LTE. They all had GS3 or Notes, and the sales girl we spoke to had no knowledge of the EVO to speak of. This speaks to both our subject matter, as well as the quality of her sales education IMHO. One should be knowledgeable about the entire lineup as a sales rep, instead of answering "I don't know much about that phone". I would think that a customized version specific to Sprint would at least be pushed by the staff in some small way. I wanted specific questions answered regarding call quality and 3G reception (no LTE in the foreseeable future here), and I went away with no more info than I went in with.

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If it's on the sprint website, that pretty much settles the question whether or not the phone will stay the same through US carriers

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I hope HTC sticks to their guns with both Spring and Verizon. It worked for Samsung. Manufactures need to stand up to the carriers. I hate verizon. That "verizon" logo on the note 2 pisses me off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2602242
Here's your solution. I don't understand why people whine about things that don't decrease the phone function. Now bloatware, it eats up my memory and can't be removed without tampering with the basics of my phone. Lets complain about that.
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Guy from SU

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
And here is the official Sprint web display. HTC One: The New HTC Phone from Sprint

If they were going to mess with it, they would have done it before posting this on their site.

I agree. Not to mention Apple gets away with no carrier branding, why can't HTC? I really hope they keep this free of any Sprint branding on the case.

(Someone said EVO LTE had none, there is a faint Sprint branding on the back but its barely noticeable)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2602579
Here's your solution. I don't understand why people whine about things that don't decrease the phone function. Now bloatware, it eats up my memory and can't be removed without tampering with the basics of my phone. Lets complain about that.
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

I agree. Bloatware is more bothersome than branding.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Sprint will. Look at the Galaxy Note II, no Sprint branding on their version. Then there is the LG Optimus G, looks just like the international version with no branding either. I'd be willing to bet this won't have branding either allowing HTC to keep the phone the way they designed it.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
With the HTC EVO Sales HTC might not have much of a choice, they didn't do too well at all. Sprint will probably get some type of evo offset.

bduran727

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
As if this helps anything, it looks like the only hardware modification AT&T has done is put a small globe on the bottom of the HTC One's back.