Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down Will Sprint fugly it up?

They have been known to do that since the days of HERO..
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Default Re: Will Sprint fugly it up?

There's a good question ... Will *any* of the carriers get to modify things on the HTC One?

I hope not!

Perhaps HTC is finally in a position to negotiate with Sprint over the name/look of the device. Obviously, they aren't yet in that position with Verizon, who will (more than likely) insist on a DROID-branded version of the phone, to be launched later than The One so it seems "newer."
    Thanked by:
    bhislop and paul-c like this.

SPRTUSR likes this.

ROM
    Bamf on HTC. Stock prime

I hope HTC sticks to their guns with both Spring and Verizon. It worked for Samsung. Manufactures need to stand up to the carriers. I hate verizon. That "verizon" logo on the note 2 pisses me off.
    Thanked by 2:
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I also hope none of the carriers touch the design of this phone it will be great for HTC if its released everywhere with the same chassis if anything the only thing I see added to the black model for sprint is red accents
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by tommydaniel View Post

I say no also. I think one of HTCs biggest problems is they dilute their brand recognition by putting different phones on different carriers. They need to unify their image like the other manufacturers. Obviously their current strategy isn't working.
    droidmyme likes this.

The HTC One is on my shortlist of what I will upgrade to, but if Sprint touches the design of this phone I will not buy it. I messed up by buying the EVO LTE. This thing has no wide sweeping community support like the Galaxy S3 does. Less than a couple months after getting my EVO LTE interest in the forums was gone and updates are few and far between (very disappointing). Lesson learned and next time I will buy a cross carrier widely adopted phone that is not "Sprint-ified"
    BB Pearl > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE
    jaescott likes this.

ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

I like what they did to the EVO LTE kick stand sd card slot would love to see sd card slot added to this
    bigrey81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaganDee View Post
    The HTC One is on my shortlist of what I will upgrade to, but if Sprint touches the design of this phone I will not buy it. I messed up by buying the EVO LTE. This thing has no wide sweeping community support like the Galaxy S3 does. Less than a couple months after getting my EVO LTE interest in the forums was gone and updates are few and far between (very disappointing). Lesson learned and next time I will buy a cross carrier widely adopted phone that is not "Sprint-ified"
    Sadly the only carrier that would share Sprints version would be Verizon and they aren't getting it. Because of the radio differences Sprint's HTC one will always have a separate dev community.

ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

I gave mine to my son and added a line to get Note 2 like you said not enough support for it from devs
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommydaniel View Post
    I'd like to think that. But you think that's final? There's got to be a Sprint logo there somewhere, right?

Lets hope HTC follows along the same lines that Sammy did with the S3. Aside from carrier related bloatware they all pretty much remained the same across the board well cough ** Verizon ** cough.. as usual had to lock the boot loader & throw more bloat on their end.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    I say no also. I think one of HTCs biggest problems is they dilute their brand recognition by putting different phones on different carriers. They need to unify their image like the other manufacturers. Obviously their current strategy isn't working.
    Yes absolutely.

I agree, hope they minimally modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by yibrushn View Post
    Sadly the only carrier that would share Sprints version would be Verizon and they aren't getting it. Because of the radio differences Sprint's HTC one will always have a separate dev community.
    Yeah, we Sprint folks get the short end of the stick a lot. But that hasn't stopped us from making quality ROMs. Are there as many ROMs for Sprint devices as other carriers? No. But there are good ones available.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Who knows... Maybe Sprint will get that kickstand back in there eh? That might be an acceptable customizing by Sprint.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Who knows... Maybe Sprint will get that kickstand back in there eh? That might be an acceptable customizing by Sprint.
    Or better yet, offer a case with a kickstand? I'd pay good money for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I'd like to think that. But you think that's final? There's got to be a Sprint logo there somewhere, right?
    They can put the logo on the kickstand they add for the Evo crowd!

hehe
    BigDinCA likes this.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

There will be one sprint logo for sure. Just no sprint yellow please, no yellow box, none of that......that yellow just hurts my eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Lets hope HTC follows along the same lines that Sammy did with the S3. Aside from carrier related bloatware they all pretty much remained the same across the board well cough ** Verizon ** cough.. as usual had to lock the boot loader & throw more bloat on their end.
    Right! That would definitely help with accessories for the phone. Wouldn't matter what carrier or country, the external phone size/shape would be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Or better yet, offer a case with a kickstand? I'd pay good money for that.

There is a case with a kickstand! Look at the pic's from yesterday...
    integralus likes this.

How about everyone stop saying that it's so perfect. it's close but they still need to add an sd card like last yr. if u keep saying it's so great they will listen to that and keep the current screw ups.

The only disappointment I have is with the fact that i just got a 32 gig sd card for my Evo LTE. Granted....I have 32 gigs of storage on my Nexus 7 and its nowhere close to full, even with flashing roms and backups and what not. There is always the OTG and usb storage option if you really absolutely have to have the extra storage I spose....well hopefully I haven't actually seen that in action obviously.

ROM
    Stock

The sad reality is that they probably won't do anything to it, except for maybe slapping a logo on the back. I say sad because of all the carrier mods on all of the phones I've ever seen, Sprint does it right. They don't plaster their name everywhere. They don't lock everything down. With each iteration of phones they put less and less of their own apps on the device. Most importantly, they add functionality (see: kickstand, microSD slot, bigger battery, 3D*). I wish HTC would make all of their devices more EVO-like. Not only would everyone get to experience the joy of owning an EVO, but the world would probably be a better place.

* Please keep the "3D is a gimmick" comments to yourself. It added something to an already good device. If you used it, like I did, it was pretty damn good. If you didn't, the phone still took decent stills and videos in 2D. Either way, it didn't sacrifice performance to accommodate the 3D camera. The only thing we lost was the kickstand.

Since the "One" isn't being called an "Evo", I wonder what this means for the Evo line with Sprint. This mean it's dead? All Evos have been HTC devices, but hard to imagine HTC making a separate top-level phone just for Sprint at this point...especially one to compete directly with the One.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    Since the "One" isn't being called an "Evo", I wonder what this means for the Evo line with Sprint. This mean it's dead? All Evos have been HTC devices, but hard to imagine HTC making a separate top-level phone just for Sprint at this point...especially one to compete directly with the One.
    As a phone salesman, it seems that the Evo name doesn't hold that much significance anymore. It only seems to be positive to a very small percentage of HTC fans and that's it. It seems more likely that Sprint drops the name rather than shoving it into their One's name or on a separate unit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast