The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly hope this helps HTC. I don't need them to dethrone Samsung or Apple, I just want them to have decent growth. I always loved the materials and feel of their phones. They feel solid in hand and look fantastic in my opinion. Mostly though, I want them to do well to keep spurring competition! Consumers win when the competition is good.

Last edited:

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't think HTC needs to make a 5.5" inch phone like Samsung. Dunno if this makes sense but, HTCs design language of their phones doesn't seem like it'd translate well to the phablet market but I could be wrong. A HTC tablet would be awesome though! A lot of androids tablets lose in the design department, very ugly stuff. A HTC tablet would be sexy like the iPad. HTC is the only company that can match apple in design IMO. Samsung has 'em beat with features though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

moises1204

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Exactly my thought, HTC definitely will do a lot better since they have taken a step on the right direction with making one model phone for every carrier, it is in my opinion THE best looking phone ever made, BUT, BUT, they need to learn from Samsung, Samsung just know how to give people what they want, removable battery, sd card even if you dont want to use it it is there and it doesn't hurt to have it, i rather have it some people complain about it, but HTC will be a big player this year.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't know how to give people what they want. They know how to make people want what they're selling, just like Apple. Unfortunately HTC hasn't figured that part out yet.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is for all the HTC fans that think the One and One X is superior to the S3....how's that JellyBean update working for you?

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish HTC world beat or at least get close to the sales are the S3 but let's be honest, not going to happen.

I LOVE the fact they went full aluminum and skipped the 16GB crap. It really is a beautiful phone. I will be buying one and then I will see what the X phone is about.

Oh and front speakers! Damn it why hasn't anyone else done this yet. These are the little things HTC paid attention to detail with, I hope the phone is a huge success.

As HTC's operations have always remained profitable, albeit by a really slim margin at this point, I don't think they need to actually beat Samsung at this juncture, but gain some significant ground back - and I think they will.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This is for all the HTC fans that think the One and One X is superior to the S3....how's that JellyBean update working for you?

I think this will change and goes along with the One World Phone model. One phone for the whole world, not different variations for different carries or different territories with difference screen sizes and millions of variables to consider when delivering an update. I'm not sure if the One X ever received the update, or if any HTC phone that launched in North America last year even received it yet besides the DNA that launched with it, but I think this will change this year since now they only have one phone to update. I anticipate fast updates like the S3 was with Jelly Bean.

Also, the One ships with Jelly Bean anyway so thats a plus at least. Sure its not 4.2, but I dont for the life of me know any key features in 4.2 that non-nexus users are missing anyway. Photosphere? Lock screen widgets? Meh, good features to have but nothing groundbreaking like Google Now was for 4.1. I hope OEMs skip 4.2 and just wait for 5.0 to roll out and just focus on that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It will happen. Now that they are using the One Phone, Multiple Carriers model and focus all their attention on this, I think they will succeed. People will see a beautiful and functional phone, and be able to actually go to their carriers and buy it (unless they're on Verizon). Availability is key. You can't make a great phone and then only sell it to one carrier and segment your buyers. Thats just bad business and I do not for the life of me understand why HTC did this. I thought for sure the One X would be on all carries and they disappointed me with that. Stuck to my S2 on Tmo and got the Nexus 4 last Christmas. Still love my N4 and will use it for the future but I like HTC despite ugly Sense because the phone is nice looking and they have great cameras.

If they can back it up with a great marketing campaign, HTC will be able to make some noise.

I doubt they'd catch Samsung though, at least in this year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly my thought, HTC definitely will do a lot better since they have taken a step on the right direction with making one model phone for every carrier, it is in my opinion THE best looking phone ever made, BUT, BUT, they need to learn from Samsung, Samsung just know how to give people what they want, removable battery, sd card even if you dont want to use it it is there and it doesn't hurt to have it, i rather have it some people complain about it, but HTC will be a big player this year.
Samsung doesn't know how to give people what they want. They know how to make people want what they're selling, just like Apple. Unfortunately HTC hasn't figured that part out yet.

Spot on. The general buying public doesn't care as much about removable battery and SD card as people on this site do.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It ain't happening.

Samsung has too many advantages over the one already and the gs4 won't be able to compete.

Sbeam, swipe for screen shots, pop up video player, voice control for apps, microsd card, replaceable battery, all things the one already has fallen short on against the galaxy S III and the 4 isn't even here yet!

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It ain't happening.

Samsung has too many advantages over the one already and the gs4 won't be able to compete.

Sbeam, swipe for screen shots, pop up video player, voice control for apps, microsd card, replaceable battery, all things the one already has fallen short on against the galaxy S III and the 4 isn't even here yet!

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Gonna pretend you didn't say SD card and removable battery because its subjective whether that's an advantage or not, and the avg consumer doesn't care about it as stated numerous times. Swipe for screenshots is a neat feature, but hardly a deal breaker. Sbeam? Android beam is already a standard on most android phones and with 4.1 its uses have grown. Pop up video is cool tho. But we still don't know what extra features comes packed with the One yet so I'd hold off on saying Samsung wins still.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would love to share you're optimison, but after last year, I'm not sure. I mean other than a removable battery and sd card, the One X was by far the better phone and yet struggled mightily. I have no doubt that the S4 will keep the crappy Samsung tradition, it will have a worse screen, worse build quality, worse design, and touchwiz yet will be the second most popular phone around.

"No! The S4 will outsell it becuz it has and SD slot and remuvuble battry!!!1!"

This is exactly how it will pan out. Sadly this is how it is in the western world's entire consumer culture.

-Terrible quality food that appeals to the lowest common denominator? There you go, McDonald's holding the title strong at #1 for decades

-Cheap quality shopping experience that appeals to the lowest common denominator? Yea! Catapult that Walmart straight to the top baby!

-Top two selling phones on the market? Well let's see we have one company who hasn't substantially improved their device beyond tiny increments for years, and another who encase theirs in cheaper material than anyone else, are no better in any other respect. Let's make those #1 and #2!

This my friends is why our market just sucks in general. We propel mediocre products to the top and all that does is encourage other companies to be equally mediocre.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
THIS :)
I honestly hope this helps HTC. I don't need them to dethrone Samsung or Apple, I just want them to have decent growth. I always loved the materials and feel of their phones. They feel solid in hand and look fantastic in my opinion. Mostly though, I want them to do well to keep spurring competition! Consumers win when the competition is good.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
-Terrible quality food that appeals to the lowest common denominator? There you go, McDonald's holding the title strong at #1 for decades

I'm sorry but McDonald's french fries are the best french fries ever.

-Cheap quality shopping experience that appeals to the lowest common denominator? Yea! Catapult that Walmart straight to the top baby!

People I know would rather go to Target. :)

-Top two selling phones on the market? Well let's see we have one company who hasn't substantially improved their device beyond tiny increments for years, and another who encase theirs in cheaper material than anyone else, are no better in any other respect. Let's make those #1 and #2!

But wait a second. Please don't act like the iPhone is such a horrible device. The Galaxy S III isn't horrible either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge