Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

Quote Originally Posted by frellingfrakker View Post
    Samsung doesn't know how to give people what they want. They know how to make people want what they're selling, just like Apple. Unfortunately HTC hasn't figured that part out yet.
    according to you what hasn't Samsung giving you to say that? A free phone? A phone that cooks for you?
    Thanked by:
    satannik and maryjane2300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Yeah well samsung are , HTC and LG(latest phones) are the only good phones samsung just makes cheap ty plastic stuff
    Except it isn't cheap plastic. Nice try though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

This is for all the HTC fans that think the One and One X is superior to the S3....how's that JellyBean update working for you?
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    I wish HTC world beat or at least get close to the sales are the S3 but let's be honest, not going to happen.

I LOVE the fact they went full aluminum and skipped the 16GB crap. It really is a beautiful phone. I will be buying one and then I will see what the X phone is about.

Oh and front speakers! Damn it why hasn't anyone else done this yet. These are the little things HTC paid attention to detail with, I hope the phone is a huge success.
    As HTC's operations have always remained profitable, albeit by a really slim margin at this point, I don't think they need to actually beat Samsung at this juncture, but gain some significant ground back - and I think they will.
    DeadpoolJunior likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    This is for all the HTC fans that think the One and One X is superior to the S3....how's that JellyBean update working for you?
    I think this will change and goes along with the One World Phone model. One phone for the whole world, not different variations for different carries or different territories with difference screen sizes and millions of variables to consider when delivering an update. I'm not sure if the One X ever received the update, or if any HTC phone that launched in North America last year even received it yet besides the DNA that launched with it, but I think this will change this year since now they only have one phone to update. I anticipate fast updates like the S3 was with Jelly Bean.

Also, the One ships with Jelly Bean anyway so thats a plus at least. Sure its not 4.2, but I dont for the life of me know any key features in 4.2 that non-nexus users are missing anyway. Photosphere? Lock screen widgets? Meh, good features to have but nothing groundbreaking like Google Now was for 4.1. I hope OEMs skip 4.2 and just wait for 5.0 to roll out and just focus on that.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

You do realize that every One X has jelly bean except the AT&T version? That's means AT&T is the one holding things up, too.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    It will happen. Now that they are using the One Phone, Multiple Carriers model and focus all their attention on this, I think they will succeed. People will see a beautiful and functional phone, and be able to actually go to their carriers and buy it (unless they're on Verizon). Availability is key. You can't make a great phone and then only sell it to one carrier and segment your buyers. Thats just bad business and I do not for the life of me understand why HTC did this. I thought for sure the One X would be on all carries and they disappointed me with that. Stuck to my S2 on Tmo and got the Nexus 4 last Christmas. Still love my N4 and will use it for the future but I like HTC despite ugly Sense because the phone is nice looking and they have great cameras.
    If they can back it up with a great marketing campaign, HTC will be able to make some noise.

I doubt they'd catch Samsung though, at least in this year.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    bp3dots and coronaboy10 like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moises1204 View Post
    Exactly my thought, HTC definitely will do a lot better since they have taken a step on the right direction with making one model phone for every carrier, it is in my opinion THE best looking phone ever made, BUT, BUT, they need to learn from Samsung, Samsung just know how to give people what they want, removable battery, sd card even if you dont want to use it it is there and it doesn't hurt to have it, i rather have it some people complain about it, but HTC will be a big player this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by frellingfrakker View Post
    Samsung doesn't know how to give people what they want. They know how to make people want what they're selling, just like Apple. Unfortunately HTC hasn't figured that part out yet.
    Spot on. The general buying public doesn't care as much about removable battery and SD card as people on this site do.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

It ain't happening.

Samsung has too many advantages over the one already and the gs4 won't be able to compete.

Sbeam, swipe for screen shots, pop up video player, voice control for apps, microsd card, replaceable battery, all things the one already has fallen short on against the Galaxy S3 and the 4 isn't even here yet!

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    johnriii and satannik like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    It ain't happening.

Samsung has too many advantages over the one already and the gs4 won't be able to compete.

Sbeam, swipe for screen shots, pop up video player, voice control for apps, microsd card, replaceable battery, all things the one already has fallen short on against the Galaxy S3 and the 4 isn't even here yet!

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Gonna pretend you didn't say SD card and removable battery because its subjective whether that's an advantage or not, and the avg consumer doesn't care about it as stated numerous times. Swipe for screenshots is a neat feature, but hardly a deal breaker. Sbeam? Android beam is already a standard on most android phones and with 4.1 its uses have grown. Pop up video is cool tho. But we still don't know what extra features comes packed with the One yet so I'd hold off on saying Samsung wins still.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Just fine for anyone not on a US carrier issued device...

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ...The general buying public doesn't care as much about removable battery and SD card as people on this site do.
    Big time. So sick of reading comments complaining about phones lacking these two features.
    Thanked by 3:
    AeonZeroX, coronaboy10, Ry and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I would love to share you're optimison, but after last year, I'm not sure. I mean other than a removable battery and sd card, the One X was by far the better phone and yet struggled mightily. I have no doubt that the S4 will keep the crappy Samsung tradition, it will have a worse screen, worse build quality, worse design, and touchwiz yet will be the second most popular phone around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    "No! The S4 will outsell it becuz it has and SD slot and remuvuble battry!!!1!"
    This is exactly how it will pan out. Sadly this is how it is in the western world's entire consumer culture.

-Terrible quality food that appeals to the lowest common denominator? There you go, McDonald's holding the title strong at #1 for decades

-Cheap quality shopping experience that appeals to the lowest common denominator? Yea! Catapult that Walmart straight to the top baby!

-Top two selling phones on the market? Well let's see we have one company who hasn't substantially improved their device beyond tiny increments for years, and another who encase theirs in cheaper material than anyone else, are no better in any other respect. Let's make those #1 and #2!

This my friends is why our market just sucks in general. We propel mediocre products to the top and all that does is encourage other companies to be equally mediocre.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    I honestly hope this helps HTC. I don't need them to dethrone Samsung or Apple, I just want them to have decent growth. I always loved the materials and feel of their phones. They feel solid in hand and look fantastic in my opinion. Mostly though, I want them to do well to keep spurring competition! Consumers win when the competition is good.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    -Terrible quality food that appeals to the lowest common denominator? There you go, McDonald's holding the title strong at #1 for decades
    I'm sorry but McDonald's french fries are the best french fries ever.

-Cheap quality shopping experience that appeals to the lowest common denominator? Yea! Catapult that Walmart straight to the top baby!
    People I know would rather go to Target.

-Top two selling phones on the market? Well let's see we have one company who hasn't substantially improved their device beyond tiny increments for years, and another who encase theirs in cheaper material than anyone else, are no better in any other respect. Let's make those #1 and #2!
    But wait a second. Please don't act like the iPhone is such a horrible device. The Galaxy S3 isn't horrible either.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post
    Big time. So sick of reading comments complaining about phones lacking these two features.
    Haven't you heard? If the HTC One X shipped with an SD card slot, it would have been the top selling Android device last year.

lol
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Rizz1-2 and go3go like this.

I love this phone, I can't wait for it to come out for Sprint. I'm ditching my Evo Design 4G for it.!

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Haven't you heard? If the HTC One X shipped with an SD card slot, it would have been the top selling Android device last year.

lol
    Once everyone acknowledges that Samsung are the clearly and obviously superior to all other android manufacturers, we can all move forward in a proper direction.

Sent from owning you using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

It will happen. Now that they are using the One Phone, Multiple Carriers model and focus all their attention on this, I think they will succeed. People will see a beautiful and functional phone, and be able to actually go to their carriers and buy it (unless they're on Verizon). Availability is key. You can't make a great phone and then only sell it to one carrier and segment your buyers. Thats just bad business and I do not for the life of me understand why HTC did this. I thought for sure the One X would be on all carries and they disappointed me with that. Stuck to my S2 on Tmo and got the Nexus 4 last Christmas. Still love my N4 and will use it for the future but I like HTC despite ugly Sense because the phone is nice looking and they have great cameras.
    Hopefully, there will be software
    Updates in a timely manner.
    Remember the one x was suppose to get JB before Christmas?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Originally Posted by go3go<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Haven't you heard? If the HTC One X shipped with an SD card slot, it would have been the top selling Android device last year.<br />
    <br />
    lol
    The Evo 4G LTE had this feature and a bigger battery and kickstand to boot...
    How did it not end up a top seller?
    Can't blame sprint

Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by teerone View Post
    I want HTC to Destroy with this phone and business model. I love HTC and the way they make solid phones no plastic crap.
    I know this is EXTREMELY difficult for a lot of people to understand, but try to stick with me here for a sec.......Plastic does not always equal "crap". I know it FEELS cheap, but it isn't always the case. The S3 kicks the shiz out of almost every single HTC phone ever made, and it's plastic. The HTC ONE will be freaking awesome, and the One X+ was on the same plane as the S3. There's no way that 40 million people would not only buy, but love their phone if it was a cheap piece of trash.

Everyone's favorite pasttime is to dog on Samsung, but it's tough for you to get a decent analysis of their product when you are lightyears behind. They have a lot of weaknesses and problems, but their flagship devices are almost never one of them. Glock uses polymer to make their guns. Everyone called it the "plastic gun" when it came out, and now the majority of worldwide law enforcement and military officials carry Glock. It is trusted, dependable, and it is quality. Nothing to shake a fist at. Don't fall into the same trap of assuming all "plastic" is "crap".
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    I think this will change and goes along with the One World Phone model. One phone for the whole world, not different variations for different carries or different territories with difference screen sizes and millions of variables to consider when delivering an update. I'm not sure if the One X ever received the update, or if any HTC phone that launched in North America last year even received it yet besides the DNA that launched with it, but I think this will change this year since now they only have one phone to update. I anticipate fast updates like the S3 was with Jelly Bean.

Also, the One ships with Jelly Bean anyway so thats a plus at least. Sure its not 4.2, but I dont for the life of me know any key features in 4.2 that non-nexus users are missing anyway. Photosphere? Lock screen widgets? Meh, good features to have but nothing groundbreaking like Google Now was for 4.1. I hope OEMs skip 4.2 and just wait for 5.0 to roll out and just focus on that.
    For what it's worth, the EVO 4G LTE got JB in the second week of December. T-mobile and AT&T are to blame for the lack of JB on the One S and One X. If the One significantly increases market share for HTC, maybe those carriers will improve their HTC update record.
    Thanked by:
    droidmyme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I know this is EXTREMELY difficult for a lot of people to understand, but try to stick with me here for a sec.......Plastic does not always equal "crap". I know it FEELS cheap, but it isn't always the case. The S3 kicks the shiz out of almost every single HTC phone ever made, and it's plastic. The HTC ONE will be freaking awesome, and the One X+ was on the same plane as the S3. There's no way that 40 million people would not only buy, but love their phone if it was a cheap piece of trash.

Everyone's favorite pasttime is to dog on Samsung, but it's tough for you to get a decent analysis of their product when you are lightyears behind. They have a lot of weaknesses and problems, but their flagship devices are almost never one of them. Glock uses polymer to make their guns. Everyone called it the "plastic gun" when it came out, and now the majority of worldwide law enforcement and military officials carry Glock. It is trusted, dependable, and it is quality. Nothing to shake a fist at. Don't fall into the same trap of assuming all "plastic" is "crap".
    I'll be hypocritical. I didn't care for build quality too much. Watching HTC and Sony engineers describe the design process they used, made me appreciate the attention to detail. Construction using poorly engineered materials is a sin in my eyes. For example, I view the S3 as being a device created using a low-cost manufacturing process. I think corners were cut in order to achieve a look without having the substance to confirm it. The hyper-glaze coating used to protect the faux metal trim and faux texture seems to be a lower level of design effort compared to the Nexus 4 and Xperia Z. Likewise for the construction of the removable back cover. I find that to be lacking in rigidity, but I don't think that's avoidable. Having a 1-piece design that size needs to be able to endure repeated drops and removal.

The only first hand comparison of good/bad construction I can think of, is between the ASUS Transformer Infinity and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. After handling those two devices, I concluded that both the construction and materials of the Note 10.1 are very poor compared to the Transformer Infinity.

In spite of my closed-minded ignorance, I don't use the construction of a device as the only metric to gauge how good/bad something is. If I consider a device as "cheap", it's just an observation of one aspect and not an overall generalization. That's just me. With that said, it looks like the HTC One is currently the best engineered Android device at the moment.
    Thanked by 3:
    omniusovermind likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Except it isn't cheap plastic. Nice try though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Sure as hell feels cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Sure as hell feels cheap.
    Stop complaining.

Sent from my Sammy Device.
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast