Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

Quote Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
    I agree. My S3 is horrible. I have the iPhone 5 on my main line and on my second line, I have the S3. It lags and I constantly have to pull the battery. I have had it replaced a couple times now by Verizon. I end up doing a hard reset to factory default every weekend just to keep it usable.

Don't get me started on the cheap build quality. I bought it the same day as my iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 looks practically new with minimal marks. It only has smudges.
    The S3 on the other hand...The plastic is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I can't believe I paid the same price as the iPhone 5 for this!

1. The back plastic cover not only scratched up within the first 2-3 weeks but it CRACKED! I had to buy a new one.
    2. The silver painted bezel is just POOR quality. It scratches and dents like NOTHING.
    3. The home button on all of phones (all of the replacements) had HUGE wiggle issues.
    4. The battery life issue is bad too. I wasn't impressed with the phone dying on the drive home from work. I bought a new OEM battery from Samsung during their 50% off sale.
    5. TouchWiz is a mess. I know I can install a new ROM but it shouldn't be like this! Why can't it be workable out of the box?
    Thanks for being honest! Its a rare quality these days!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I agree. My S3 is horrible. I have the iPhone 5 on my main line and on my second line, I have the S3. It lags and I constantly have to pull the battery. I have had it replaced a couple times now by Verizon. I end up doing a hard reset to factory default every weekend just to keep it usable.

Don't get me started on the cheap build quality. I bought it the same day as my iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 looks practically new with minimal marks. It only has smudges.
    The S3 on the other hand...The plastic is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! I can't believe I paid the same price as the iPhone 5 for this!

1. The back plastic cover not only scratched up within the first 2-3 weeks but it CRACKED! I had to buy a new one.
    2. The silver painted bezel is just POOR quality. It scratches and dents like NOTHING.
    3. The home button on all of phones (all of the replacements) had HUGE wiggle issues.
    4. The battery life issue is bad too. I wasn't impressed with the phone dying on the drive home from work. I bought a new OEM battery from Samsung during their 50% off sale.
    5. TouchWiz is a mess. I know I can install a new ROM but it shouldn't be like this! Why can't it be workable out of the box?
    I couldnt get over the fact that this plastic phone retails for the same as an IP5 either. These 2 phones are worlds apart in terms of build quality. I guess with all the issues they're having this is the reason why you can get a GS3 on sites like Wirefly for Verizon right now for $50 with a new 2yr agreement.
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    Next someone is gonna claim ZTE is better than Samsung........

Sent from my Sammy Device.
    No, because at least Samsung's batteries work right. I'll give them that.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jasongeiger View Post
    Apple (until the 5) and and lg with glass backs and your complaining about plastic?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Glass backs aren't an issue if you case your phone or simply avoid dropping it. I've had an iphone 4 for over 2 years no case and it's sporting one or two scratches on the back glass and a few scuffs on the corners from being in my pocket, but that's it.
    Thanked by:

Samsung is not getting any of my business until they start giving me my money's worth. I bought a Note 2 (Verizon) and was afraid to use it. I had to sell it before it scratched. Sadly, just having it in my pocket scratched the silver bezel on it.

That said, the Note 2 is better than the S3 in terms of solidity and maybe slightly thicker plastic (doubtful) but the surface is the same. It scratches easily and flexes.

Personally I was most likely gonna get the S4,but the One made me wanna wait and compare the two alot before I decide. They both have qualities I want in my phone.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    jiggyb21 likes this.

Global Posts
    10,525 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Personally I was most likely gonna get the S4,but the One made me wanna wait and compare the two alot before I decide. They both have qualities I want in my phone.

I am insane....but I am passing on both

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I am insane....but I am passing on both

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    What phone do you have? Dunno what SCH-1605 is

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

This post screams troll. I haven't had one of these issues. Maybe my family was just lucky with the 5 s3s we purchased.....

Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    I couldnt get over the fact that this plastic phone retails for the same as an IP5 either. These 2 phones are worlds apart in terms of build quality. I guess with all the issues they're having this is the reason why you can get a GS3 on sites like Wirefly for Verizon right now for $50 with a new 2yr agreement.
    Don't worry, the real difference becomes obvious when you look at resale values

Sent from owning you using Tapatalk 2
    maryjane2300 likes this.

This post screams troll. I haven't had one of these issues. Maybe my family was just lucky with the 5 s3s we purchased.....

I've had with my S3. It was a really nice phone if you like to hack though. The XDA community for S3 is huge!
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Right...Cause any post that talks about Samsung negatively is a troll post. Keep making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Don't worry, the real difference becomes obvious when you look at resale values

Sent from owning you using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly. The Galaxy Nexus was released the same time as the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S 16GB goes for a solid $300-$350 still on Craigslist in my area. The Galaxy Nexus is listed constantly for $120-$150 tops.

New ones are $200 from retailers online because Verizon couldn't sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I didn't mislead anyone. They were smart enough to make their own choice. They played with the S3, saw that it was clearly better, and made the switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    No it is not "clearly" better the S3 IMHO doesnt come close the Nexus 4 and the One are equal with the iPhone.

Says the guy in the HTC section
    macmitten and pblakk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stewbug View Post
    My choice between the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be based solely upon the carriers. I have US Cellular (sucks for phones I know) so whichever phone will be on US Cellular that's the one I will choose. If they are both on there, then I will definitely choose the HTC One.

Maybe it wasn't just luck....hmm.
    maryjane2300 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

We have three in my immediate family, and at least that many in other family members. None of us have had any issues, and all of us are happy with the Galaxy S3. That being said, I want the HTC One because I prefer Sense's interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    johnriii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Maybe it wasn't just luck....hmm.
    My point exactly!

Right...Cause any post that talks about Samsung negatively is a troll post. Keep making excuses.
    Yup 40 million+ excuses.....

Doesn't mean it's right either.

I definitely see the HTC One being a hit. They just need to make sure Verizon gets it too.
    Samsung and their pathetic plastic excuses of phones will soon be doomed. I've been telling all of my colleagues in the market for a phone to avoid the Samsung products in general because of how cheap they feel and actually are.

One girl at work was going to get the S3 after seeing the commercial and I told her to get the DNA instead and she is pleased.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #173  

I definitely see the HTC One being a hit. They just need to make sure Verizon gets it too.
    Samsung and their pathetic plastic excuses of phones will soon be doomed. I've been telling all of my colleagues in the market for a phone to avoid the Samsung products in general because of how cheap they feel and actually are.

One girl at work was going to get the S3 after seeing the commercial and I told her to get the DNA instead and she is pleased.
    No, Verizon does not need this phone. God no. You folks think HTC is slow with updates now...Verizon gets the One and I doubt it'll ever see 5.0. And by the time it did, the next One would probably be out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Default The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

I would definitely get the One if I was wanting to get another android device cause it looks like one of HTC's best devices yet. But I'm to in love with my iPhone 5 to leave now. You guys have a tough choice good luck This thread has been hilarious.

Sent from the collector home world.

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    I would definitely get the One if I was wanting to get another android device cause it looks like one of HTC's best devices yet. But I'm to in love with my iPhone 5 to leave now. You guys have a tough choice good luck This thread has been hilarious.

Sent from the collector home world.
    It's only gonna get easier when the reviews come in for each device cause then we'll know what they offer and their pros and cons

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast