Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Default Re: The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

It screams troll because the complaints are ridiculous and rare if they exist at all. "Touch wiz is a mess" what an educated statement that means nothing. The S3 is one of the best selling, widely reviewed and highly praised phones of all time. These are facts beyond dispute. This whole cheap plastic argument is at best a matter of personal preference and at worst just plain stupid. The sky high sales and widespread PROFESSIONAL praise dispel that nonsense.
    johnriii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    It screams troll because the complaints are ridiculous and rare if they exist at all. "Touch wiz is a mess" what an educated statement that means nothing. The S3 is one of the best selling, widely reviewed and highly praised phones of all time. These are facts beyond dispute. This whole cheap plastic argument is at best a matter of personal preference and at worst just plain stupid. The sky high sales and widespread PROFESSIONAL praise dispel that nonsense.
    Especially when you can slap a case over it and you can't even tell anymore. But everyone has their preference.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    madlaw1071 likes this.

The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.
    No, it's the fact the 10s of millions of people have bought the S3 and it has been reviewed and rated by virtually every media/tech outlet in the solar system and almost universally the S3 ranks as the top Android phone and top alternative to the iPhone. This has little to do with marketing and everything to do with Samsung having hit a home run. FYI, Consumer Reports ranks the S3 extremely high, so if there were REAL issues regarding its plastic construction I'm sure they wouldnt have recommend it.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

I think the big issue that's getting everyone's panties in a bunch is that people get a little to defensive at times and it ends up coming off as a claim that either the s3 is the end all of android phones or a total piece. It's clearly proven itself to be a great phone, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone.
    johnriii likes this.

You get those people from both sides, no point whining about one side doing something when the other side is just as guilty. Move on.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
    The power of marketing my friend. Sure the S3 is a feature packed phone but have you taken a look at the S3 section of this forum lately? Its plagued with threads of people complaining of issues with their S3. Freezing issues, over heating issues, Battery draining issues, various OS issues, etc.... Popular? yes! Problem free? far from! Not to mention compared to flagship devices of other manufacturers such as HTC, Apple, and Nokia, the S3 feels very cheap in the hand.
    Wait so only Samsung phones have problems?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    johnriii likes this.

I want HTC One to be a dominant player in smartphone market along with S3

Last edited by still1; 02-25-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

How does "Touchwiz is a mess" mean nothing? You rant about personal opinion, yet write off any personal opinions on Touchwiz (primarily that someone could possibly not like it - oh dear!). It's 100% personal opinion. In fact, it's the only real differentiator between the SIII and One X. I dislike Touchwiz. It's design language is inconsistent and I don't like that - in terms of how core apps have different styles and color schemes (this is physical appearance, which is a fact. I don't like it (which is an opinion)). I also dislike how it handles certain things in the OS. And that's my personal preference; I can easily choose to not get a Touchwiz phone if I like. How much it sells or the quality of reviews it gets do not in any way invalidate my personal opinion on the phone. The plastic construction is personal preference to a degree, but when it comes to how well put together the phone is and the materials used, there is definitely a certain degree of objectivity. To write off build quality as "personal preference" yet simultaneously dismiss anyone who criticizes Touchwiz is pretty low. If you're fine with the materials used and build quality, you're free to go with it. But please don't dismiss those who criticize it as "plain stupid".

And this is precisely why anecdotal evidence is worthless in any debate.

No, it's the fact the 10s of millions of people have bought the S3 and it has been reviewed and rated by virtually every media/tech outlet in the solar system and almost universally the S3 ranks as the top Android phone and top alternative to the iPhone. This has little to do with marketing and everything to do with Samsung having hit a home run. FYI, Consumer Reports ranks the S3 extremely high, so if there were REAL issues regarding its plastic construction I'm sure they wouldnt have recommend it.
    What do sales have to do with determining its quality? How many iPhone haters are there on this forum? I certainly don't dig it. But guess what - it was incredibly well-reviewed (AT LEAST as well as the SIII) and sold astronomically. Sales do not determine a product's worth. And many people, including me, have aknowledged that the SIII was well reviewed and is indeed a quality phone. Hell, I used one for over a month. But the discussion here was on why it sold so well. Anybody with their head screwed on tight can see that it's a quality product. But everyone should also be able to recognize that the other part of the equation to its huge success over a largely similar competitor was a huge marketing campaign.
    Thanked by 2:
    fernandez21 and Chetan Takyar like this.

I like touch wiz after coming from sense 3, 6. Maybe its more to my tastes now nut I doubt its drastically different.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I want HTC One to be a dominant player in smartphone market along with S3

I'll be rooting for HTC as well. Though I might get the S4 instead of the One.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I'll be rotting for HTC as well. Though I might get the S4 instead of the One.
    Lol. I hope not!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Lol. I hope not!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Android Central Forums
    Well we'll see. :P No choice has been made yet.

Not sure if you quoted me by mistake, not sure how this reply relates to my other post?

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    You get those people from both sides, no point whining about one side doing something when the other side is just as guilty. Move on.
    Not whining, making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    How does "Touchwiz is a mess" mean nothing? You rant about personal opinion, yet write off any personal opinions on Touchwiz (primarily that someone could possibly not like it - oh dear!). It's 100% personal opinion. In fact, it's the only real differentiator between the SIII and One X. I dislike Touchwiz. It's design language is inconsistent and I don't like that - in terms of how core apps have different styles and color schemes (this is physical appearance, which is a fact. I don't like it (which is an opinion)). I also dislike how it handles certain things in the OS. And that's my personal preference; I can easily choose to not get a Touchwiz phone if I like. How much it sells or the quality of reviews it gets do not in any way invalidate my personal opinion on the phone. The plastic construction is personal preference to a degree, but when it comes to how well put together the phone is and the materials used, there is definitely a certain degree of objectivity. To write off build quality as "personal preference" yet simultaneously dismiss anyone who criticizes Touchwiz is pretty low. If you're fine with the materials used and build quality, you're free to go with it. But please don't dismiss those who criticize it as "plain stupid".

And this is precisely why anecdotal evidence is worthless in any debate.

What do sales have to do with determining its quality? How many iPhone haters are there on this forum? I certainly don't dig it. But guess what - it was incredibly well-reviewed (AT LEAST as well as the SIII) and sold astronomically. Sales do not determine a product's worth. And many people, including me, have aknowledged that the SIII was well reviewed and is indeed a quality phone. Hell, I used one for over a month. But the discussion here was on why it sold so well. Anybody with their head screwed on tight can see that it's a quality product. But everyone should also be able to recognize that the other part of the equation to its huge success over a largely similar competitor was a huge marketing campaign.
    Exactly. I'm sorry to the Samsung fans here, but to me the GS3 is a crappy designed and feeling phone. It has the specs, no doubt, but with touchwiz, that design, and screen I would never spend my money on that phone. Sorry if that somehow offends you. And no, it doesn't matter to me how many are sold and how highly reviewed it gets, I have seen one and picked one up and didn't like it, and that wont change. I don't know why it bothers some people so much if someone on the internet doesn't like the product they purchased.

Now if the new rumors are true if the GS4 is ditching AMOLED for IPS, and a new design with an aluminum frame are true, it might be a different story. Heck I may like that phone enough to consider buying.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I'm rooting for HTC. Hopefully, the reviews will be beyond favorable.

Correct samsung will always will, plus I had the dna, and the only thing that impressed me was the body and the screen. I switched back to the s3 because it shows very similar preformance. Which the dna is supposed to be way faster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

I hope the HTC One, S4 and Moto X are all big hits. It's never good to have only one dominant player in the Android space as that stifles innovation and competition (and better prices).
    pblakk likes this.

Personally, I'm all for the HTC ONE, and plan to get it on release day.

Well the observation that GS3 built quality is nowhere near One X's is not just us talking, but the overwhelming majority of tech reviewers. Especially the recent tech podcasts looking back and comparing HTC built quality vs Samsung. Everyone is unanimous in hoping to see a better built Galaxy phone which I personally don't believe it'll happen this year.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Well the observation that GS3 built quality is nowhere near One X's is not just us talking, but the overwhelming majority of tech reviewers. Especially the recent tech podcasts looking back and comparing HTC built quality vs Samsung. Everyone is unanimous in hoping to see a better built Galaxy phone which I personally don't believe it'll happen this year.
    Because samsung like to be cheap.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I doubt it.

That article said it was coming out on 3/15 but it only mentioned T-Mobile and AT&T do we know when Sprint will get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Because samsung like to be cheap.
    Except that cheap feeling doesn't mean the plastic is cheap. Just cause you insist on non-plastic materials doesn't mean plastic is bad. Many tech sites will say something along those lines too.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I agree that the galaxy series have a cheap build, and does ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE HTC ONE USA SHIPPING DATE!! Sorry for the caps, but I can't find info anywhere.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast