Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint HTC One

Based on info that was posted regarding different radios inside the One. I'm trying to figure out if Sprint One will be a global device? Can anyone comment please?

Default Re: Sprint HTC One

S4G researched that question: All for HTC One, HTC One for all? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

In its press release earlier this week, Sprint calls its HTC One an "international" smartphone, and that could be interpreted to mean world roaming capabilities. The FCC authorization documents show no evidence of this, but they are not required to do so, since the FCC is a US authority. What is lacking, though, is any GSM 850/1900 or W-CDMA 850/1900. So, if the HTC One is world roaming capable, it will most likely be limited to GSM 900/1800 and band 1 W-CDMA 2100+1900.

From the article linked above:
    The Sprint version of the HTC One is limited to band 25 LTE 1900. It does not support either of Sprint's upcoming LTE bands -- band 26 LTE 800 and band 41 TD-LTE 2600.
    Can anybody expand on how that will affect the One's connectivity to Sprint's current LTE roll-out? In Charlotte, I'm finally getting a whiff of LTE in some areas on my Evo...would hate to be losing LTE just as its getting started!

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44 View Post
    From the article linked above:

Can anybody expand on how that will affect the One's connectivity to Sprint's current LTE roll-out? In Charlotte, I'm finally getting a whiff of LTE in some areas on my Evo...would hate to be losing LTE just as its getting started!
    All of the current LTE stuff is happening on the 1900 band. The hope is that a second round of network upgrades will add additional frequencies, but they're not even close to finishing the first round yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    DWS44