HTC ONE Software Updates

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How do you guys think HTC will do with software updates compared to other competitors in the industry, such as Samsung and their new Galaxy S IV? Do they update their phones to the newest version of Android within a couple of months ~ 3 - 4 months? Or do you think it will take a while still for the HTC ONE and they will show no sign of improvement?

VendettaEMB89

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on what else they come out with this year, I like how they have gone with one version for all carriers and I believe this will make updates faster...But if they decide to just come out with a bunch of other phones for different carriers then I think that will slow down the update process

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How is HTC compared to Samsung in the past for updates?

I would buy a Nexus just don't like the glassback, plus I love the build of this phone.

VendettaEMB89

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC is usually a month to a couple moths behind Samsung with updates but it also depends on what carrier your on. I have sprint and they are usually pretty fast with getting the updates out. I've never had AT&T but they seem to be very slow at getting android updates out. Not sure about T-Mo. Verizon is the worst at getting updates out.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
How is HTC compared to Samsung in the past for updates?
Prior to last year, it was all HTC, all the time. Since last year and Samsung's huge success with the GS3 (and to a lesser extent, the Note2) they have been faster at OS updates than just about everyone. But HTC is still right there. Vendetta makes a good point though: it has a lot to do with the carrier as well. Sprint seems pretty good at pushing the updates fairly soon. I don't know about T-Mo, but I haven't heard great things about Verizon. Ever. AT&T, I thought, was decent about it but I see people complain about HTC and their updates only to find out they have the One X. HTC isn't holding that up. They have pushed JB to the One X all over the planet (including my beloved EVO) so I think that may be more of an AT&T issue. But with one predominant device I would expect it to take less time to get 4.2, and beyond, out to the One. Get it to play with Sense 5 and the different radios, not worrying about 10 versions of similar devices and their individual idiosyncrasies and BAM! Push it out!

The one thing Sammy has going for it right now is that, apparently, the GS4 is shipping with 4.2 and the One is shipping with 4.1.2.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Android version number is meaningless if the OEMs strip out the features, hide them, or already have something very similar in their modifications.

For example, my friends S3 didn't really feel faster to him after the Jelly Bean update. Will Samsung or HTC incorporate photosphere? They don't have to.

The only reason that it always matters is if security updates and bug fixes were incorporated (they almost always are, but might not be a big deal).

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same questions about this phone. I've been looking at it, but was concerned about update speeds for T-mo and the One using 4.1.2. Looks like I got my answers too :)

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Its called a quick root and a sense 5 rom with the latest android version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I know long waits can be excruciating but as long as it receives it at some point that's all that matters and it will. Plus Key lime Pie hasn't been made official. it maybe an update that we won't care about waiting on

RattleSnake506

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The update path is the only thing I'm worried as well. Did HTC say somewhere that they will provide updates to this device faster than they did for last year's versions. and I hope ATT helps them as well providing speedy updates..I hope they do.. because this is do or die now for HTC..

dk0654

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Everything I've read INDICATES that the HTC One will get 4.2.2 but WILL NOT get 5.0 KLP
That in itself already makes this NEW phone OLD NEWS.

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
KLP isn't even out yet. How would we have any clue about that? Also, what phone released 1-2 months before a major Os upgrade didn't get it? Love how you didn't give any references to back your claim up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

efallows

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything I've read INDICATES that the HTC One will get 4.2.2 but WILL NOT get 5.0 KLP

I'd love to see your source that indicates the One will not be getting the 5.0 update. I think the phone could handle it. I say it is too early to be discussing whether it will or will not get KLP.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Peace dko654.....
WRONG!!! KLP will not be coming to the HTC One X--->which is last years model

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Based on...

Also, the international version of this phone is already getting a software update, though it is not to the core OS.

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
As long as HTC don't come out with A One + I think you guys who have it should be Ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance