HTC ONE REVIEW - The Verge

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
All I cared about was the battery life. If the Verge is correct then it will be the HTC One and done. Personally, I cant believe its true. First off, the verge hasn't had it long enough to make a real observation on battery life. Second, if HTC would actually release this phone with sub par battery life, they deserve to go out of business.

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Just read. Wish they would have stated what "bad battery" life is to them. How many hours of screen on time did you get? what task were you having the phone accomplish and for what lengths of time each? a vague statement like " struggled to make the one last a full day" is too vague. what's considered a full day and what type of task on your phone does that consist of?

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out....

jeffsanace

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
All other reviews I've seen contradict the verges review on the battery life. Phone arena got over 8 hrs of video playback in there battery stress test. Also sounds like the reviewer favors aosp, so obviously not someone who should be reviewing as he's bias.

Bad Seed Customs
Just Sick!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait for this site's review. Seems to be the only site that can be trusted to make fair reviews.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree that I doubt they had the time to run a proper battery benchmark, if anything they shouldn't have said a thing about the battery until they had a chance to properly test it. Their results don't seem to go along with what everyone else is saying. Can't wait to see what Android Central's results are, I'm sure we will see quite a difference.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree about the review. Seems like they rushed the review just to get it out there and get more traffic to their site.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It was the same story with the EVO 4G LTE. Despite having the same chipset, software and 200mah bigger battery than the One X, which many sites lauded for its battery life, it was slammed for "poor battery" life on those same review sites. Reviewers inexplicably seem to get that part of the review wrong quite often. Wait for more reviews, or real world usage.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How do you know that? According to themselves, it just has unfinished software - like the rest of the reviews out there right now. The hardware should be as finished as it gets.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just read. Wish they would have stated what "bad battery" life is to them. How many hours of screen on time did you get? what task were you having the phone accomplish and for what lengths of time each? a vague statement like " struggled to make the one last a full day" is too vague. what's considered a full day and what type of task on your phone does that consist of?

As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out....

He said about 10 hours--Here is the direct quote from the article--

"In more practical use, you?re going to want a charger nearby, since I killed the battery with about ten hours of tweeting, browsing, emailing, and not that much else. This is an unpleasant, sadly unremarkable side effect of big screens and fast phones, but?s a shame nonetheless."

I do think he is biased. I read his review of the Iphone 5, and it seemed almost lackluster in many places, but yet he rated it at 8.8.

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site
That one was unfinished software and unfinished hardware. Unsanctioned "review," if you know what I mean ...
I am waiting for your review. I hope you can get a real test scenario. I am tired of the reviews with pics of the ocean during sunset or the fruits on the table. I might take pictures like that when I am on vacation but I usually take a real camera with me when I am on vacation.
Can we get a video sound recording in a concert? This phone is supposed to have the double membrane microphone.

Thanks.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The review speaks for itself on battery life. He was putting some excessively heavy use on it with benchmarks, speed tests, voice, video, sound, camera, syncing all sorts of stuff.

It doesn't sound like my average daily usage and for all the things he did with it in two days, I'm impressed it lasted like it did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Biased is the word you are wanting.
I didn't think he was that hard on the battery life.

All other reviews I've seen contradict the verges review on the battery life. Phone arena got over 8 hrs of video playback in there battery stress test. Also sounds like the reviewer favors aosp, so obviously not someone who should be reviewing as he's bias.

Bad Seed Customs
Just Sick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam