Galaxy S4 Preview and benchmarks

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Engadget had a post up linking to a IT168 post on the Galaxy S4. I was a little concerned about the claims that it would have an 8 core processor but after looking at the benchmark score and noting that it is actually two quad cores I think the HTC One is a considerably better device.

Just look at this score, over 4 thousand points less in Quadrant! Still a better score then most other devices but a considerable difference in power between the One and S4.

You can look at the preview here: ( be warned there are two video's that auto play and it's a long ass page,the video's are roughly 2/3 of the way down)

?˺???????Ż? ????Galaxy S4????????-IT168 ?ֻ?ר??

EDIT: Forgot to mention it's in chinese, enjoy the engrish translation.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll depend on how you use it. It supposedly will have one low power quad core and one high performance quad core. So depending on what the threshold is as far as which core to use, the One will probably be faster with certain things while the S4 is faster in others. I think on the high the S4 will be faster, though probably barely noticeable while in use, while the one will be much faster on the low end stuff.

We'll know for sure though soon.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Yea and the benchmarks are probably on pre-release hardware. Could someone explain to me the reasoning behind having two differently clocked processors and switching between them compared to just under-clocking the one processor for power savings?

I seriously doubt it will be faster then the one, but it is possible.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, according to the Verge, here in the states it will use an S4 pro clocked at 1.9ghz. :eek:

Seals the deal for HTC. Can't believe Samsung didn't use the S600.