Android Central's HTC One review

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ah I want this to be my next phone - currently on the iphone 5. But there is just pre-order everywhere I look. Well everywhere except eBay but I would rather buy it from a "store" than eBay. I was tempted by the the Nexus 4 but I think the overall experience from the One is what I am looking for. Of course I have played with neither of them and this is just from all the reviews I have read and watched. Then again I was also tempted by the BB Z10 but think Android is more me at the moment.

artyshellz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it true that it isn't LTE compatible in North America?

If it isn't, thats a total dealbreaker.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The review units that got sent out were all international models. The US versions will be US LTE compatible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn?t buy a phone that is possibly impossible to open without damaging it. What happens if something breaks out of warranty? Or you cracked your display and need to replace it? It seems you can?t even replace the battery. Far too expensive for a disposable product, no matter how nice all the features appear to be.
HTC One Receives Lowest iFixit Repair Score to Date
HTC One Teardown - iFixit

You send it to htc. It is not a disposable product. If you want a disposable product, buy a Samsung.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You send it to htc. It is not a disposable product. If you want a disposable product, buy a Samsung.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

So you're going to keep this HTC One until you die? I doubt it. That makes it disposable. All of your comments are so fetching asinine. Can you please stop with this ridiculous hatred for Samsung? You're starting to sound like a dang fool! Did a Samsung phone steal the affection of your significant other? Did it screw your favorite sports team out of a championship? Did it kill one of your family members? Because other than those things, I see no reason for you to be so illogical.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So you're going to keep this HTC One until you die? I doubt it. That makes it disposable. All of your comments are so fetching asinine. Can you please stop with this ridiculous hatred for Samsung? You're starting to sound like a dang fool! Did a Samsung phone steal the affection of your significant other? Did it screw your favorite sports team out of a championship? Did it kill one of your family members? Because other than those things, I see no reason for you to be so illogical.

I've chosen a Samsung over an HTC for my past 3 devices. It's a choice, but I wish the battery were better and I hate removable storage.

I don't plan to keep it until I die. I intend to use it for as long as I've had any of my other Samsung phones. I just anticipate it to hold up a little better during that time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Figured I'd resurrect this baby after a couple of weeks...

but I just finished molesting one at a Sprint store and I have to be honest, swiping up and down in the app drawer is SOOOOO much better than side to side. I know it's a tiny thing, but I've heard people complain about it (Phil!) and it just seems to me that if you are holding a phone in one hand, swiping up/down with your thumb is so much more natural than going side to side with it.

sraina

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does with the "Productivity" setup of the lock screen - you have the option of selecting a few. I dont have an exchange account with forced security policy but put in security and I still see my events on the lock screen.

Alex,

Is there any way to have "server search" ability on MSN / hotmail and Google hosted company mail. I could not do this on the HTC One mail app. Am I missing something? I know this is possible on the Nexus 4. It also seems HTC is not using the stock mail app. Will really appreciate a reply. I would to sync email for about 30 days or so but would like the ability to search something which was on the server from 6 months ago or longer.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sraina

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Few questions for someone who has the device

1) does it show your calendar events on the lock screen (even the next event is fine)?

2) same as above but if you have exchange account with forced security policies, do they show anything on the lock screen?

Yes it does with the "Productivity" setup of the lock screen - you have the option of selecting a few. I dont have an exchange account with forced security policy but put in security and I still see my events on the lock screen.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Productivity lock screen is one of the reasons I got this phone, and love sense! Sad I know.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone and my pattern lock only works sometimes otherwise it just unlocks normally and anyone can use my phone, why is this happening

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got the phone and my pattern lock only works sometimes otherwise it just unlocks normally and anyone can use my phone, why is this happening

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

You can set a timer before the lock kicks in. Check the settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech