Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What devices are you switching from?

I'll be upgrading to the One as soon as it is released and I thought it would be interesting to see what the up-graders are currently using, and their gripes with it.

Personally I'm on an iPhone 4

Reason for upgrading: I absolutely hate iTunes, the phone is so slow it's almost agonizing, apple gives very little control over what you can do with their devices in their walled garden approach to things, I want more control, upgrading to a larger screen will be nice since I use my phone pretty regularly for reading.

Default Re: What devices are you switching from?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lambton View Post
    I'll be upgrading to the One as soon as it is released and I thought it would be interesting to see what the up-graders are currently using, and their gripes with it.

Personally I'm on an iPhone 4

Reason for upgrading: I absolutely hate iTunes, the phone is so slow it's almost agonizing, apple gives very little control over what you can do with their devices in their walled garden approach to things, I want more control, upgrading to a larger screen will be nice since I use my phone pretty regularly for reading.
    Ill be upgrading from the HTC evo 3d!

Reason: None really its a pretty awesome phone I enjoy the 3D pictures! Battery life is getting stale as its a 2 year old phone and I think its time I upgrade and get in sync with the smartphone world again. No complaints on my phone still breezes through everything. Pretty excited about the One considering I have had no problems

Galaxy S3.

I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyb21 View Post
    Galaxy S3.

I have a problem.
    Note 2 I share your addiction

I've had the HTC REzound for a couple of years. Really nice phone, just starting to really show its age, though.
    I'm very much looking forward to Verizon getting off their back sides and getting the phone out!!

I'm also on an iphone 4, upgrading basically for the same reasons as the op. Screen is too small, super bored with ios (had an iphone for over 4 years now).

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 2.3.5 + Sense 3.0

HTC Inspire...this is going to be a sweet upgrade.

At the moment I'm using a Blackberry Z10. I think I will keep it as a backup phone, now that I don't have to change plans each time I change phones.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Red face Re: What devices are you switching from?

I will be upgrading from EVO 4g. There are many reasons I am excited to switch it up.
    I've had it for 2 years and the battery life is dismal (3-4 hours) even after replacing with Anker brand batteries.
    I click on an application to open and it opens up a different application (click on Instagram, it opens call history).
    Everything takes forever to open. I am running out of storage space and have had to delete a lot of apps that seemed to fit before.
    It just seems to be...dying. It took a "swim" about a year ago, and I feel this may have expediated the death rattle.

I am definitely sticking with Android, but may have to see the S4 and HTC One both in person before I finally decide. I'm leaning
    towards the One because I would love the built in stereo speakers, camera, and design.

I have a feeling I could download as many Go SMS skins as I wanted on the HTC One
    qdub54 likes this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

From iPhone5 and Nexus4

I'm moving on from my Galaxy S2 but relegating my iPhone 5 to my work device and using the HTC One as my personal device.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post
    I'm also on an iphone 4, upgrading basically for the same reasons as the op. Screen is too small, super bored with ios (had an iphone for over 4 years now).
    I find ios to just be stale, maybe it's a "grass is always greener on the other side" sort of deal but it just seems to me like there are more interesting application options on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post
    ditto...

Nexus 4.
    United States Air Force

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I'm debating switching from the Nexus 4. I'd have to buy it for full retail price, so I'm trying to decide if the improvements that I would get in the One are worth the money.

I have a HTC Sensation that is working perfect, but need to feed my addiction
    Glitzy35 likes this.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    ROM
    Thundershed 1.3, stock

You should all feel sorry for me. I still have a Thunderbolt! I'm still undecided between the One and S4 but I'm off contract now so my phone/carrier options are open.

Galaxy S2.

Droid X2. Battery life sucks now. 1/2 an hour on Pandora now drains it half if not more. Plus wanting a 4G capable phone. I currently have unlimited data (Verizon) so I will lose it seeing as I cannot afford to pay full retail. I am able to upgrade as of 3-1-13 but don't know if I want the RAZE MAXX HD seeing as I'm now familiar with Motorola and the battery life is the biggest draw to the phone. Or wait for the Galaxy S4. I would even be willing to wait
    longer if something better than these two will be available later.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I had an iPhone 3GS. I dropped it from a relatively low height and killed it. I was going to wait for the S4, but needs must and I bought the S3. No regrets about it for one second. Absolutely excellent phone.

I am searching on eBay for a cheap-ish unlocked iPhone 4S as a back up. I like the idea of jailbreaking it. There are some pretty good themes out there for a jail-broken iPhone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

iPhone 4s. I'm also bored with it and want a larger screen. I'm fine with iTunes though. I actually like it, but I'm a fan of metadata in general and iTunes is a metadata based database. Also, I use a MacBook Pro with lightning fast SSD so iTunes does not feel bulky in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lambton View Post
    I find ios to just be stale, maybe it's a "grass is always greener on the other side" sort of deal but it just seems to me like there are more interesting application options on Android.
    I agree, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it (ios is great for certain people) but I know when I fiddled around with my gf's 5 it felt like the exact same phone I'd been using. At that point it was felt like if I'm going to be throwing down a decent amount of money on a phone I want it to at least be something new.

EVO 4g LTE no problems just Getting the latest and greatest! Love HTC phones and sense!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    mstrblueskys likes this.

I have a Nexus S 4G...
    I've enjoyed having the somewhat latest version of Android readily available but it's time for a new phone. Sometimes takes FOREVER to open an app (30 seconds isn't quite forever but compared to new phones that just work it is haha). And my battery life is NON Existent!
    So I am a little concerned to get a non Nexus device but I don't have an option on Sprint anymore. Plus we have yet to get LTE in Vegas while the WiMax is more than satisfactory!
    But I want this phone!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bell3 View Post
    iPhone 4s. I'm also bored with it and want a larger screen. I'm fine with iTunes though. I actually like it, but I'm a fan of metadata in general and iTunes is a metadata based database. Also, I use a MacBook Pro with lightning fast SSD so iTunes does not feel bulky in the slightest.
    i don't mind itunes for playing music and organizing music, I just hate Apple's sync setup. I'd rather drag what I want over to the device and be done with it, rather then jump through all the hoops.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast