Sense 5 Calendar, Messaging, Email and other stock apps

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen screenshots or a video demonstrating the rest of Sense 5 apps (other than Blinkfeed or the Camera software for which there are endless articles)?
Everyone says Sense 5 is more holo like with flatter iconography and has been toned down but I haven't seen any screen shots or video of the phone, messaging, people, calendar apps. THis is more important to me because I will be using them more often than the camera or Blinkfeed.
I want to be able to compare them with stock android apps to see if they are pleasant to use. This is more of a deciding factor to me rather than the camera.
Does anyone know if the messaging app has group messaging built in like for stock 4.2.1?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen screenshots or a video demonstrating the rest of Sense 5 apps (other than Blinkfeed or the Camera software for which there are endless articles)?
Everyone says Sense 5 is more holo like with flatter iconography and has been toned down but I haven't seen any screen shots or video of the phone, messaging, people, calendar apps. THis is more important to me because I will be using them more often than the camera or Blinkfeed.
I want to be able to compare them with stock android apps to see if they are pleasant to use. This is more of a deciding factor to me rather than the camera.
Does anyone know if the messaging app has group messaging built in like for stock 4.2.1?

Yes you can definitely group message with the stock messaging app.

Here is a screenshot of the monthly calendar view. I love the stock mail app, very easy on the eye, not cluttered and easy to use. I can't provide a screenie as I would need to either create a fake email to show you or photoshop out the person's details, and i'm not at home at the moment so can't. Same with the People app (which is also pretty well laid out and easy to use). I'm happy to provide help when I get home and have time to scrub out identifying details on screenies though.

Screenshot_2013-03-26-13-02-40.png

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Calendar looks beautiful, thanks. Does the messaging app work with iphone users with group texting?
Also, do these apps retain all the settings that are found in stock apps?
Also a screen shot for the clock, timer, world clock apps would be great. Thanks in advance.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Calendar looks beautiful, thanks. Does the messaging app work with iphone users with group texting?
Also, do these apps retain all the settings that are found in stock apps?
Also a screen shot for the clock, timer, world clock apps would be great. Thanks in advance.

The Clock App doesn't have a clock screen within it for some reason. i use the digital widget on my homescreen. The timer screenshot is below. the world time page is beautiful, with a picture of hte globe with the cities you specified marked on it. However, like my answer above, I will need to edit out some details before I can post it up.

Screenshot_2013-03-26-13-18-23.png

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The screenshots posted so far look good...thanks for taking the time to post them!

Nice and clean, glad they didn't totally re-invent the wheel on the clock/timer/alarm apps.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's the World clock and SMS pages. I've coloured out the names of people and locations where necessary. The SMS app is skinned via an inbuilt theme, no after-market themes added. You'll note the dates on the SMS are quite a while ago, that is because it is really easy to port an iPhone backup to an HTC One via the HTC Sync Manager. I've kept all my text messages, contacts, photos, everything. Awesome!

sms.png
WClock.png

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm digging the minimalist theme. So happy group messaging is included. Started using it way more recently. It's kinda like having a personal forum to post in with your friends haha

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm digging the minimalist theme. So happy group messaging is included. Started using it way more recently. It's kinda like having a personal forum to post in with your friends haha

Yeah I'm a big fan of minimalist themes on my phones; I hate them looking cluttered.

VJKotts

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just saw the pocketnow review. They have included a lot of screenshots in their review. Looks like they are consistently using a black action bar at the top for all of their stock apps. I think it works very well. I also love the condensed roboto font.

Last edited:

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Quick question about the stock email app. Does it let you set the default view to completely zoomed out like in the gmail app? One of my pet peeves is that emails show zoomed in too far and I have to scroll around to read it. In the latest gmail app it allows you to zoom out to see the whole message at once and even let's you set that as the default view.