HTC One = Total Fail?

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
As said above most of your points come down to personal preference, thus making the phone a fail for you individually. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Not that this feature is new for the s4 but as someone who recently switched from HTC to samsung I really like sbeam a lot. And with the s4 I think air view, or whatever they call it, will be a really nice feature people will actually use.

Sent from my Note 2
I like s-beam, too. I just call it NFC on my EVO.

I do like the possibilities of air view, though. I think it works better with the stylus of the Note devices, though. Watching it get demo'd on the GS4 it sure seemed to lag quite a bit. But when I had my Note 10.1 it worked very well with the stylus.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I like s-beam, too. I just call it NFC on my EVO.

Sbeam is a nice implementation of nfc. I understand that any descent phone now has nfc capabilities

I do like the possibilities of air view, though. I think it works better with the stylus of the Note devices, though. Watching it get demo'd on the GS4 it sure seemed to lag quite a bit. But when I had my Note 10.1 it worked very well with the stylus.

I'm curious to see how this pans out as well. I could see this being a common feature in the future

Sent from my Note 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think a phone that hasn't hit our market can be a fail yet. I hope it will be sweet. I love my S3 but at this point I'd probably go with the One and not the S4. I've had a few Moto's and I've enjoyed Samsung but I want to try HTC as well. I had zero desire to try an HTC device until I saw the One with front facing speakers. I won't get it because of money, but if I had the option, I'd love the One.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
If HTC would have used a removable battery, the choice for Samsung wouldn't be so darn easy.

Oh well, at least it looks cool even if it'll die after half a day.

sent from my Note 2

Pretty sure there's been plenty of reviews stating the battery life is just fine. I think everyone get's a little preemptively paranoid about batteries going bad as well.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure there's been plenty of reviews stating the battery life is just fine. I think everyone get's a little preemptively paranoid about batteries going bad as well.

Especially when very few keep their phone long enough for a battery to age.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Even if it has decent battery life, I would like the option to swap it out instead of waiting for it to charge and have the option for extended batteries.

That HTC is putting the finish of their hardware over the utility of the phone is a little too Applesque for my taste.

sent from my Note 2

wilfreb

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
For me the One is a fully compromised beautiful piece of aluminum, the small screen, the mediocre camera and the no expandable memory are the main reason why the GS4 is a better all around phone. Of course this is my opinion.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Once again folks all reviews to this moment have been based on the Euro version and we have nothing here in the states. Lets get the device here, in our carrier stores and actually have some hands on locally before we judge the crap out of either of these devices. As for battery life I never go off what someone else tells me because we all have our own style of usage and habits which equals different battery life. What you call light usage might be considered heavy to someone else.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
If HTC would have used a removable battery, the choice for Samsung wouldn't be so darn easy....

Removeable would have killed the aluminium unibody that everyone is praising as great build quality.

Even if it has decent battery life, I would like the option to swap it out instead of waiting for it to charge and have the option for extended batteries. That HTC is putting the finish of their hardware over the utility of the phone is a little too Applesque for my taste.

An external battery solves that problem, and offers more than a standard battery.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just read the techradar review. They said the HTC One has "poor" battery life.

Epic.

sent from my Note 2

For every article that says it's poor, there are three that says it isn't. If its anything like the J Butterfly and DROID DNA, battery life will be more than acceptable.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Even if it has decent battery life, I would like the option to swap it out instead of waiting for it to charge and have the option for extended batteries.

That HTC is putting the finish of their hardware over the utility of the phone is a little too Applesque for my taste.

sent from my Note 2

Except that's where you're wrong. By designing the handset with a sealed battery, they make it more ergonomic for the user holding it. The phones components are stacked to allow for a comfortably rounded back that is easier and more comfortable to hold. If they had used a removable battery, that wouldn't be possible.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Except that's where you're wrong. By designing the handset with a sealed battery, they make it more ergonomic for the user holding it. The phones components are stacked to allow for a comfortably rounded back that is easier and more comfortable to hold. If they had used a removable battery, that wouldn't be possible.

Sorry, I'd rather have a removable battery. Never needed a curved case before, and I don't need one now.

sent from my Note 2