Do you really need a case for the HTC ONE? Anyone with hands-on let us know.

danielkogan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The phone's so hot, it would be a shame to get a case and cover it. Does anyone have experience with the actual unit and if so, tell us how it deals with scratches/scuffs? Do you think it will withstand daily (normal) wear and tear without a case?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The phone's so hot, it would be a shame to get a case and cover it. Does anyone have experience with the actual unit and if so, tell us how it deals with scratches/scuffs? Do you think it will withstand daily (normal) wear and tear without a case?

I run mine without a case but I have got a screen protector on front and back though. I do have a case for it but after trying it I realised that it is a shame to cover such a beautiful phone, so I removed it.

I had the phone for three days before the protectors arrived and it still didn't have a scratch on it at all when I came to fit the protectors. I have the silver one rather than black and I am quite happy that it is scratch resistant (maybe not scratch proof, we'll see).

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I run mine without a case but I have got a screen protector on front and back though. I do have a case for it but after trying it I realised that it is a shame to cover such a beautiful phone, so I removed it.

I had the phone for three days before the protectors arrived and it still didn't have a scratch on it at all when I came to fit the protectors. I have the silver one rather than black and I am quite happy that it is scratch resistant (maybe not scratch proof, we'll see).

Yea same, the case is bulky and hides the beautiful phone. i'm waiting for gadgetsheildz to release a wet application protector set (they've been awesome on my previous phones, and deliver to uk), that will stop the minor scuffs, if i drop it and completly ?$@% it up then insurance comes in!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why more people don't do what I do lol:

Don't put a case on it. Instead, cover it with a full body invisibleshield protector for protecting against scratches and scuffs, and just make sure you get insurance.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely planning on not running a case (If they ever release the darn thing :'( ). I've been fine case less for over 2 years with my iphone 4, so I figure I should be alright. I hate covering up a good looking device with a case, ruins the feel too.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I've got the official HTC foldy type and tbh, it's pretty crappy, great design idea but without a closure on the front piece it just flaps around so protection is questionable. I usually use a pull tab slip case on my phone's, protection in the pocket and leaves the phone as nature intended when in use.

Just ordered an official HTC black leather version from amazon UK for a fiver, doubt it's designed specifically for the one, maybe one x, but should do the job.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now with nothing on it. There are no scratches or scuffs anywhere on the device.
Also, I'm not lining my pockets with sandpaper and playing frisbee with it on the beach :)

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got my one few days ago and today I ordered a flip case which pretty sleek. Will upload a pic once I get it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you plan to carry it in your pocket then I definitely recommend a case. I've already got a couple scuffs on the edge and a small scratch on the lower back and I'm someone who is always careful with my devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the black HTC One, and I would never consider covering it with a case. It's such a beautiful piece of hardware, why would you want to cover it with a hideously ugly case? If you don't care about aesthetics, you could buy a cheaper/uglier phone.

I have never understood the concept of using cases with phones, what's the purpose, to keep it scuff free & scratch free until when? 2 years down the track it will have ZERO resale value anyway. So that means for 2-3 years you have an ugly looking bulky phone, only to end up with a scratch free, phone, that just happens to be 100% useless at the end of it (outdated, outspecced, and worth nothing). It's like covering furniture with plastic - what's the point?

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I love mine so much that I did the unthinkable. Got an otterbox for it... I hate covering up my phones, but I rather play it safe with this unrepairable beast.

Posted via Android Central App

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the black HTC One, and I would never consider covering it with a case. It's such a beautiful piece of hardware, why would you want to cover it with a hideously ugly case? If you don't care about aesthetics, you could buy a cheaper/uglier phone.

I have never understood the concept of using cases with phones, what's the purpose, to keep it scuff free & scratch free until when? 2 years down the track it will have ZERO resale value anyway. So that means for 2-3 years you have an ugly looking bulky phone, only to end up with a scratch free, phone, that just happens to be 100% useless at the end of it (outdated, outspecced, and worth nothing). It's like covering furniture with plastic - what's the point?

I generally agree and almost never use cases but this is really easy to scratch

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

simony

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I would add a case occasionally is to prevent slipping off my hand... the back of the body is slippery sometimes it could just fall off my hand...