Best external battery options for HTC One??

mmark27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm really on the fence about this S4 vs HTC One. I really, really enjoy having the ability to swap batteries when needed, but that HTC One is one sexy beast. I'm intrigued by this camera (not so much with Sense)

What are people going to do for extra battery power???? [I don't use cases so I won't add a case+battery option]

Danny Yang

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm really on the fence about this S4 vs HTC One. I really, really enjoy having the ability to swap batteries when needed, but that HTC One is one sexy beast. I'm intrigued by this camera (not so much with Sense)

What are people going to do for extra battery power???? [I don't use cases so I won't add a case+battery option]
Well i know for sure that I'm a pretty heavy user without a charger on me the whole time, so ill be ordering this as soon as i get the One :)
Amazon.com: External Portable 5000mAh Rechargeable Emergency Backup Power Bank Battery Charger for Smartphone with 2 USB Port: Cell Phones & Accessories

$15 and should charge the One up to 2 times :D

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I just picked this up over a week ago - totally digging it. Works great, small form factor, huge capacity. I actually picked up the one with the tablet port (2A charge current vs. the standard 1A charge current most phones will use) but it was only $10 more.

Amazon.com: Anker? Astro3E 10000mAh Dual 5V 3A USB Output External Battery Pack Charger for Smart Phones, Android Phones, PS Vita, GoPro; iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning Cable not Provided); iPhone 4S, iPad; Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2; HTC Sensa

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would get a small portable battery pack, maybe contact Mophie and see if they will be making one for the One. They did for the GS3, no word on if they will for the GS4. I know I wouldn't even bother with one on a phone that could swap batteries out like the GS4, a second battery is cheaper and less bulky, but the One could benefit from it.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This is an awesome thread! Thanks so much for this info. After a lot of debate, I preordered a developer edition yesterday. I usually carry an extra battery with me for my GNex. I don't use it often, but I like having it around for travel, long days, and those days when I end up using my phone more than usual. I'm looking for a similar solution for the One and think this option is fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

morridoom

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
While the battery bank may be official, ?40 seems like a steep price for only 4,000 mAh battery capacity. I get the feeling that you are mostly paying for the HTC brand than anything.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Never used one of these. How long does one of these devices keep their charge if you don't use and discharge it very often? Seems like it would be handy to have as a backup, but not something I'd be using that frequently, which makes me wonder if it would lose its charge over time if it went unused for a long period.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

With any android device besides a note 2 or droid razr people have to do tweaking to get a full days use without charging and I'm pretty sure a lot of people make it through without swapping batteries.

What am I going to do personally? Tweak my settings like I always have to do and it will last just fine. And then to take it a step further flash a kernel that provides better battery life. That's what I'm going to do for extra battery power. I'd also say wait until you actually use the device to decide if you need something additional. And of you do then one of the battery packs above is sufficient. I'd actually prefer over another battery. Just me though.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the anker 10000 like bigdin. A lil thicker/heavier but the same height as my HTC one. I stick the charger in my back pocket connected to my phone in my front pocket.... And gives me extra juice as I work. Took me back $40... Good option tho

sent from my HTC One

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I used the mycharge that I got from best buy and its the 6000 one and its works great because the ports ate built in.

Posted via Android Central App

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I use the Anker 5600mAh battery pack I bought from Amazon.co.uk for ?20. Charges both my iPhone 5 and my HTC One perfectly, Not that i've actually used it yet with the HTC because this battery is way better than my iPhone.

I have the anker 10000 like bigdin. A lil thicker/heavier but the same height as my HTC one. I stick the charger in my back pocket connected to my phone in my front pocket.... And gives me extra juice as I work. Took me back $40... Good option tho

sent from my HTC One

At first the anker product I bought was working well with my one but for the past couple months I seem to be getting pop-ups on my phone saying the external charger not compatible when its plugged into my phone. Is this a concern cause I just ignore it and keep charging it with the anker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance