Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is your HTC One battery performance

I've had my HTC one for a week now and I'm not overly impressed with the battery performance. I've used it very heavily today from full charge from 11am and now at 2:15pm in at 27%. So far I've not been able to get a full day of of it. I've also noticed it gets hot under heavy usage.

I Normally have everything running apart from bluetooth and wifi when not in the house.

Be interesting to find out how you guys are getting on with yours..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How is your HTC One battery performance

Reason number 17679197342492926276 why a removable battery should be required on all phones

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dannyspeed View Post
    I've had my HTC one for a week now and I'm not overly impressed with the battery performance. I've used it very heavily today from full charge from 11am and now at 2:15pm in at 27%. So far I've not been able to get a full day of of it. I've also noticed it gets hot under heavy usage.

I Normally have everything running apart from bluetooth and wifi when not in the house.

I'm happy with mine don't usually need a charge before end of day unless hours of hd 3d gaming or if films through hdmi to tv, then it goes down, but I expect it too. Watching YouTube and browsing on WiFi I find it soldiers on for ages

Sent from my HTC One
    Thanked by 2:
    mpanju7 and TomsAndroid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Reason number 17679197342492926276 why a removable battery should be required on all phones

Can still buy a charge kit.

http://m.htc.com/uk/accessories/htc-battery-bar/

Sent from my HTC One
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Would a live video wallpaper effect the battery much.?

Depends on what apps you have running and what widgets are running on your phone. I noticed some apps/widgets were constantly active and draining battery. See what's using the most battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes some live wallpapers drain a lot of battery.

TomsAndroid likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Also power saving mode do people keep this on, or just when the battery goes low?

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Some people said google now drain your battery a lot.

Most of my live wallpapers have only used 2% of the battery. That's not bad. I've not motives Google now draining the battery on One X, One X+ or Tf300

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Wait.. you used 73% of your battery in 3 hours and 15 minutes? Did you have the screen brightness maxed while you streamed HD content over the cell network the whole time? I know you said that you used it very heavily, what exactly does heavy usage for you involve?

I'm just looking at the AnandTech review and while it looks like they didn't do any sort of HD video playback battery benchmark they did do these ones:

Time in hours

Web browsing battery life wifi: 7.8
    Web browsing battery life cell: 5.62
    Cell Talk Time: 14.07
    Wifi HotSpot Battery Life (Constant cell usage, wifi usage and audio playback on device): 6.417
    Russ Smith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Lambton View Post
    Wait.. you used 73% of your battery in 3 hours and 15 minutes? Did you have the screen brightness maxed while you streamed HD content over the cell network the whole time? I know you said that you used it very heavily, what exactly does heavy usage for you involve?

I'm just looking at the AnandTech review and while it looks like they didn't do any sort of HD video playback battery benchmark they did do these ones:

Time in hours

Web browsing battery life wifi: 7.8
    Web browsing battery life cell: 5.62
    Cell Talk Time: 14.07
    Wifi HotSpot Battery Life (Constant cell usage, wifi usage and audio playback on device): 6.417
    Agreed. We need a detailed definition of "using it very heavily."
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Basically from 11am the phone was used heavily on the following...

Facebook including some checkins in different locations

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

YouTube (sd) over 3g for approx 10 minutes

Instagram 5 minutes

Phone calls for no more than 5 minutes

Internet browsing for no more than 15 minutes

GMaps while driving for 5 minutes

7 Photos, 3 zoe's and 1 panoramic pic.

Totally dead by 3:20 pm!

I had a 1080p live wallpaper running at all times using the app "video live wallpaper"

Last night I disabled the live wallpaper and disabled a few apps that I don't use in settings and some improvement. But saying that I took the phone off charge at around 10am and now at 3:16pm and I'm left with 8% but I would say I have used the phone heavier & for gaming today, shadowgun online for 20 minutes.

Is this about right?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Also Found this today that proves the htc one has great battery life
    http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-one-bat...esults-are-in/

I dunno, I think some of the battery tests are not realistic. Who surfs the web on a smartphone for 9 hours straight and does nothing else. I think most people, like the OP, use their smartphone for a variety of uses throughout the day and that's the true test. It varies by individual of course and I think that's why some people insist their HTC One lasts for two days and others run dry by 3pm. I like to stream radio, video, check Facebook, check email, open a few apps and often I'm plugging my iPhone 5 into a charger mid afternoon to be sure it lasts into the evening--yet that's supposed to be one of the better batteries. I expect to charge the One by mid day as well when I get it, but if its running out after two or three hours of my personal usage pattern--it's going back no matter how beautiful it is.

Gaming is a major drain on phone batteries.

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

Instagram 5 minutes

I had a 1080p live wallpaper running at all times using the app "video live wallpaper"

Last night I disabled the live wallpaper and disabled a few apps that I don't use in settings and some improvement. But saying that I took the phone off charge at around 10am and now at 3:16pm and I'm left with 8% but I would say I have used the phone heavier & for gaming today, shadowgun online for 20 minutes.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/dequmezy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/abebame7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/y6ytu5yq.jpg

Is this about right?

Maybe a fault, I dont call that heavy useage, and mine lasts much longer than that with that sort of usage. A solid 3d gaming for 4 hours 20 mins is about a battery full.

Sent from my HTC One

Path for the same

Blink feed 3-4 times

Instagram 5 minutes

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/dequmezy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/abebame7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/07/y6ytu5yq.jpg

Is this about right?

You call that heavy usage?

HA!

that's light usage, and yes it's a problem with the phone

Live wallpapers have been proven to be terrible battery killers. That's why they aren't set by default by the manufacturers or carriers, and it's why battery tests aren't run with them active.

Also that 27% could be a misnomer if your battery controller hasn't been calibrated to where 0% actually is located for your battery. Let it run down completely, then charge it overnight and come back and complain if the battery indicator doesn't seem better.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

From the looks of it I'm getting about 3.5 hours of screen time with a mixture of uses

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    You call that heavy usage?

HA!

that's light usage, and yes it's a problem with the phone

Looks like it

Just like any other android devices you have to check your location settings and sync settings. If you have GPS and Google locations services always on then yes its going to drain fast. Especially Google location services because every time you open an app that uses location data then it also uses battery. And if you have accounts synced, how often are they syncing and what exactly is syncing. For instance, your Google account, what all is syncing. I only sync mail, contacts and calendar. All the other stuff I don't sync. Make sure Google latitude isn't running or gtalk if you aren't using it. Its really a matter of finding what's running that doesn't need to be running.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
    Infinite Jest likes this.

I think the battery life is pretty decent, Iam coming from an s3 and its on par with the s3 anyway in my opinion! The only downfall with the battery life iam finding is how long it takes to bloody charge
    Russ Smith likes this.

Your phone isn't going into deep sleep, meaning you have a rogue app keeping it awake even when you set it down. On those battery stats, its awake the WHOLE time, even when the screen is off. Download an app like Wakelock Detector or GSAM Battery monitor and see whats going on. At worst, you may have to do a factory reset and just sort through your apps for the essentials only. Keep things basic in terms of wallpapers. Use WiFi whenever possible..etc etc.

Google Now is not THAT much of a battery drain folks. Why would the engineers at Google design an app that drains your battery significantly? These apps are optimized by Google themselves, I doubt its involved in draining the battery. Plenty of ppl get adequate life with it on, me included. Just have to dig a little deeper to find the problem/
    Thanked by:

on par with the S3 or better than the S3? My wife cannot stand how bad the battery is on her S3. I am hoping she will be happy with an upgrade to the One
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast