Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andron Craig
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about messaging

Just a quick question for any of you htc one owners willing to check for me. When sending pictures out, can you select a bunch of pics at once and then compose your sending method or does it have to be one at a time.

It's such a small detail but sadly not many phones allow this, it's Always one picture then go back and add another slide, then another slide...takes to long. On my galaxy s2 I select up to 10 pics, depending on size, right from the gallery and send them all at once with out creating individual slides.

Even my wife's sum what current HTC One X and my daughters One VX don't allow this.

Default Re: Question about messaging

Quote Originally Posted by Andron Craig View Post
    Just a quick question for any of you htc one owners willing to check for me. When sending pictures out, can you select a bunch of pics at once and then compose your sending method or does it have to be one at a time.

It's such a small detail but sadly not many phones allow this, it's Always one picture then go back and add another slide, then another slide...takes to long. On my galaxy s2 I select up to 10 pics, depending on size, right from the gallery and send them all at once with out creating individual slides.

Even my wife's sum what current HTC One X and my daughters One VX don't allow this.
    MMS seems to allow 300mb starts with minimum compression per pic then compresses more and more until maybe 5 pics fit on one meaasage, I assume (correct me if wrong someone) that if your s2 sent 10 then they must have been very compressed, but still used 300mb per message? Other messaging apps would probably have higher limits?

Sent from my HTC One

I actually didnt know that was possible, I had an s2 also and was always under the impression picture messages had to be sent one at a time
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

300 mb per message?!? Wow, never had such a high limit, it's like 6mbs per message. And yes, they were highly compressed.
    Usually other apps have a much lower limit...like 2mbs.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I picked the S2 over its competitors. Mass text appeal, sadly no one else does it like the old S2, I don't even think the S3 does it..and it appears the HTC ONE is also out of the loop...shame, still want it tho...come on 17th...daddy needs his fix
    Xsie likes this.

It's too bad that there really hasn't been much innovation from any company on the messaging portion of mobile software.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Since when could you send 300mb over MMS?
    Current Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 5. Soon HTC One
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Maybe he ment 3mbs, considering that he owns an HTC ONE, and there only 4mp big, and he said he can only fit 5 at a time in an mms with there likely small file size of under 1mb, factor in file compression and it sounds about right....tons of assumptions on my part but the logic is sound...I think :-)
    On the flip side, it really is 300mbs and he can only send 5 at a time...even uncompressed tiff file would only be about 25 mbs pre pic....yeah I'm leaning typo. But it's all good :-) any answer is better then no answer.

And I know this is about the HTC ONE but Samsung seems to be the only ONE to care with there chat-on messaging service which I feel needs to taken to heart as androids defacto standerd app.

Yea my bad, typo 300KB.....

Sent from my HTC One
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

300kb? In 5 pics? Talk about compression. Well, every carrier has its own set limit, but 300kb is low...could it be the phones limit tho?