After almost 4 years of dealing with webOS, I pre-ordered the HTC One.

miles4000

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
After reading that long review of the One on Anandtech, I did an impulse buy and pre-ordered the One. I'm a day one Pre Sprint user who recently did the FrankenPre 2 conversion a few months ago. I work in tech and at times need to test apps on mobile devices (new wifi standards & VPN clients). So it was time for me to finally move on from webOS. I still have a TouchPad and maybe at some point I'll also replace that. Looking forward to learning more about Android and I hope somehow webOS lives on.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel, I miss webOS too (look at my avatar) but Android works for me and I like HTC's hardware (I use a Evo 3D now) so getting the One is a no-brainer. It's going to be a great device.

miles4000

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Its going to be a big change going from Pre 2 on webOS to the One using Android. I'm looking forward to it but like you mentioned, webOS will always be a favorite of mine too.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just being able to access hundreds of thousands of apps on Android will make the switch worth it. I still use my Touchpad but webOS is basically a dead ecosystem. You're going to love Andorid after getting used to it and the community here is great.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I miss it so much. It was simply beautiful. I've been with Android since the Evo 4G and have also used windows8 and iOS. WebOS will always retain a special place in my heart.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech