Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC one available for purchase in store today?

Just went in to my local at&t store to check up on the pre-order deal with the media link since it said it was outta stock online. Was told the pre-order period was last week and the phone was out today. Walked out with a silver 32 gig. Still kinda in shock, since I was convinced it wouldn't be out till next week O_o

Default Re: HTC one available for purchase in store today?

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Xsie likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Pics? What is this? Video and blood/hair samples or it didn't happen.

My real comment is this: Why is the thread title posed as a question? It was obviously available for in-store purchase today, at least for him. Or am I missing something here?
    scorpiodsu and Xsie like this.

The official release date is the 19th in the U.S. So its curious the OP got his early. I'm not saying its impossible--everyone knows that people sometimes get new releases early. I agree with Steve, pics or it didn't happen.

I was playing with the display at my local AT&T store today it was available for purchase

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post

My real comment is this: Why is the thread title posed as a question? It was obviously available for in-store purchase today, at least for him. Or am I missing something here?
    Well i read in another thread that somebody went to an ATT store and the guy there was ready to sell him the phone! Couldve been same guy as the OP but i was just in a sprint store 20 minutes ago they did not have theirs ready for purchase
    Sent from Jupiter... Yes Jupiter

You know how it is around here. People need proof of stuff to believe it. Not saying good or bad, but that's what it is when it comes to the Internet. Especially when you're talking about any hot new Android device on this site.

I guess they are still in shock and wondering if other stores are selling them as well. Someone in another thread said a rep was going to sell him one but they wouldn't approve moving his upgrade date so he didn't get it. Who knows if that is true, but that's what they said.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 04-12-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    I guess they are still in shock and wondering if other stores are selling them as well. Someone in another thread said a rep was going to sell him one but they wouldn't approve moving his upgrade date so he didn't get it. Who knows if that is true, but that's what they said.
    In theory it MAY be true because if they have live display models out now they may be selling them.. kinda weird but youd think people with pre orders would have deliveries today too. I am stopping at an ATT store on the way home to see the phone and i will report my results.. Sadly i am a sprint subscriber so i cant buy the phone today
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

If I could post hair/blood samples online I would haha

Thread was a question cause I'm kinda confused as to why they let me buy the phone, wondering if anyone else has been able to. I was 100% convinced it wasn't out till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by go3go View Post

Thread was a question cause I'm kinda confused as to why they let me buy the phone, wondering if anyone else has been able to. I was 100% convinced it wasn't out till next week.
    Good for you. I'm pretty sure they probably wasn't supposed to sell you one since AT&T announced the 19th as the release date. This is what happens with in store reps don't really have a clue about these devices and poor communication within their store and/or organization. I remember back when the HTC Sensation came out (don't laugh because at the time, it was a good phone LOL) I got it at Walmart a week before official. There were running threads on here about people being able to pick them up even though it wasn't supposed to be released yet. I called Walmart to see if they had any, they did and I bought one with 0 problems. Good for you though to get this device this soon (assuming you aren't trolling us LOL).

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Pics of the display box and phone or not believing... and maybe reciept for even better proof

Quote Originally Posted by ksavaiano View Post
    Pics of the display box and phone or not believing... and maybe reciept for even better proof
    Sounds like BS to me

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

I called a store local to me and they said they had them, I'm heading there now. Will update in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    Sounds like BS to me

I do agree here as well, and if we dont hear anything from anybody else i strongly would not believe it unless some ***** in one specific store accidentally sold it. But as i said i am going to an ATT store on my may home from work tonight and if i dont see any new developments i will report back
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,137 Global Posts

Are you SURE they weren't talking about the HTC First?

I don't wanna say I dold you so, but ... Being 'First' may be a bad thing for HTC | Android Central
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

You guys are a laugh.

If you want a shot of the box too I can upload that as well...

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha

Good ****!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You guys are a laugh.

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/...psc64cdc08.jpg

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/...psabc33957.jpg

Phile, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha
    What the eff! How did this happen... it even has the ATT logo..
    kinz7865 likes this.

You guys are a laugh.

Phil, definitely not the first! I don't want anything to do with that phone haha
    Awesome man

You guys are a laugh.

Very nice! Must have been a major screw up by that att store. They're definitely not for sale early.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by ksavaiano View Post
    What the eff! How did this happen... it even has the ATT logo..
    I dunno, I'm not messing around. Literally just walked in and they sold it to me. I'm as surprised as any of you.
    MERCDROID likes this.

I dunno, I'm not messing around. Literally just walked in and they sold it to me. I'm as surprised as any of you.
    Im assuming it is a mess up on that stores part,, but congrats mate, you are probably the first non reviewer to get an ATT model here on the forums!

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

I called my AT&T store and they said they start sell the one today but they have no stock today and they said if I can come tomorrow they might have it.
    trandz likes this.

I can confirm. Long time lurker here. Called around to find out if I could find a display model anywhere, and one of the stores happened to have one (I'm in Milwaukee). I went and asked the rep if I could buy it right now and he told me "definitely." Unfortunately, I don't get paid till next week, haha. Phone is awesome though, speakers are brilliant. Phone's very light too.
    Xsie and MERCDROID like this.

Quote Originally Posted by eak1570 View Post
    I called my AT&T store and they said they start sell the one today but they have no stock today and they said if I can come tomorrow they might have it.
    Gah what the heck! It must be like a low stock first come first serve kind of thing for now.. too bad I have sprint and have to wait a week..
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast