Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By BlackPrince310
  • 2 Post By Acelx
  • 2 Post By adriandb
  • 3 Post By Gathomblipoob
  • 2 Post By adriandb
  • 1 Post By Topgonzo
  • 1 Post By jsntrenkler
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Question How are the earbuds?

I know they are not "beats". But are they still good? HTC is part owner in beats...

What's your opinion... Anyone that has them already.

Default Re: How are the earbuds?

In general Beats headphones blow, so if they aren't Beats you may be better off. I also wouldn't expect real high quality out of any, freely included headphones/earbuds.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

Agreed but a valid question. HTC is really pushing the audio experience of the phone.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

They're very good on the low end but don't work that great for anything high pitched. They're not bad by any means just not the best.

Sent from my iPride 6G
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

They're actually pretty solid. Very good on the low end. Much better than the Apple Earpods and more comfortable IMO. And theyre look cool too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    In general Beats headphones blow, so if they aren't Beats you may be better off. I also wouldn't expect real high quality out of any, freely included headphones/earbuds.
    Beats mostly blow because they are insanely overpriced for what you get lol. I read on xda that they are the $100 beats earbuds without the branding, but I can't confirm this because I live in the US and don't have the device.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Beats aren't bad... Ppl just expect more from the price tag.. But at the same time these headphones are more fashion statements than actually headphones.
    Current Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, iPhone 5. Soon HTC One
    Gator352 and Xsie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by youngaceatlanta View Post
    Beats aren't bad... Ppl just expect more from the price tag..
    Exactly, in their price range, they're some of the worst sounding headphones available.

But at the same time these headphones are more fashion statements than actually headphones.
    Which has to be the worst reason for buying headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Exactly, in their price range, they're some of the worst sounding headphones available.

Which has to be the worst reason for buying headphones.
    But so much of what we buy nowadays is predicated on looking cool. We'll even avoid items that are of higher quality than what we eventually buy because "everyone else has it." Sad.
    Gator352, bembol and Xsie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon PhoneApart View Post
    But so much of what we buy nowadays is predicated on looking cool. We'll even avoid items that are of higher quality than what we eventually buy because "everyone else has it." Sad.
    There's a difference between having a different set of priorities about what makes a device the "best" device for an individual user and people just being trendy. Trends have driven the purchasing decisions of tons of people for a long, long time.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Gathomblipoob and Gator352 like this.

Wrong again bob

I thought they were okay.

Rubbish imo, the left earbud didn't even work straight out of the box.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

They are good, sound quality is ok considering they come free with the phone. They also look good. My problem is that they transmit a lot of noise from movement, for example while running on the threadmill in the gym, but also while walking. So not the best option for an "active" use

I like them...they're pretty good for being free

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I'm personally a big fan of beats. Not sure where the negativity comes from. Yes they are expensive but I own a couple different beats products and I'm happy with them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    NKYRacing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathomblipoob View Post
    Sort of like the S4. LOL

I wanted to say the iPhone.

I tried Beats, it's great but over price. I had the Bose AE2i and only paid $80 for them, for the price they were amazing.

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I didnt like the included ear phones. I thought that they were very bottom heavy and lacked high range completely. Kind of reminded me of a old car stereo system. As far as value they are ok for and comparable to those $9.99 Wal-Mart headsets they sell. Compared to my actual beats buds they don't compare at all.

Gathomblipoob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seggzy View Post
    I know they are not "beats". But are they still good? HTC is part owner in beats...What's your opinion... Anyone that has them already.
    IMO opinion they are just OK but actually better than what I was expecting seeing they are freebies. For comparison: I have a pair of bottom-of-the-line $19.99 Skull Candy earbuds that sound noticeably better.

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I didnt like the included ear phones. I thought that they were very bottom heavy and lacked high range completely. Kind of reminded me of a old car stereo system. As far as value they are ok for and comparable to those $9.99 Wal-Mart headsets they sell. Compared to my actual beats buds they don't compare at all.

Exactly. If you want a fairly muddled sound, these headphones are the bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Sort of like the S4. LOL

I wanted to say the iPhone.

Interesting. But what would you say if the One was selling as well as the S4 and the iPhone? You wouldn't like it then? It would be the same phone.

Talking Re: How are the earbuds?

Though they are not beats audio earbuds.. they r pretty good for earphones from a phone manufacture..

Kinda getting off topic with the consumerism talk haha. But these headphones are not bad for those that come with a phone. Most phone manufacturers throw any flimsy headphones. For these they actually tried to give you something a bit better (though not much). That being said, nothing compares to high quality headphones to replace "stock" ones. You just have to find what you like.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4