Am I the only one who would like to see an HTC Seven or HTC Ten tablet?

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Just take this form factor, and blow it up to 7" and 10". Especially the aluminum unibody, BoomSound speakers and 1080p display.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see those kind of specs and design in a tablet. Only reason I wouldn't want HTC to make it is because I couldn't imagine Sense translating very well to a tablet.

Acelx

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
HTC had a few tablets back in the day, didn't do so well because they had ridiculous prices (HTC Jetstream $899)

and the HTC View / HTC EVO / Flyer aka first Android tablet with a stylus (Not samsung)

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd have picked up the View, except it was heavier than the Galaxy Tab, and a ton more expensive than the Fire. Now my daily e-reader is the Nexus 7 best of both worlds, light and inexpensive.

If HTC were to do it now, I wouldn't want an all aluminium chassis actually, that's far too heavy. At that size if you want to go with premium materials, you have to switch to Carbon Fiber, or maybe a Magnesium Alloy. Seriously at 7 inches or bigger, weight becomes a MUCH more serious issue than material feel.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd have picked up the View, except it was heavier than the Galaxy Tab, and a ton more expensive than the Fire. Now my daily e-reader is the Nexus 7 best of both worlds, light and inexpensive.

If HTC were to do it now, I wouldn't want an all aluminium chassis actually, that's far too heavy. At that size if you want to go with premium materials, you have to switch to Carbon Fiber, or maybe a Magnesium Alloy. Seriously at 7 inches or bigger, weight becomes a MUCH more serious issue than material feel.

Imagine how awesome a carbon fiber tablet would be...

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting HTC to do something like this for years. Also would like to see an HTC contender for the NOTE sized market (bigger than the DNA). If they did it and offered stylus support, it could possibly be another hit.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums