• 2 Post By ksavaiano
  • 1 Post By yokken
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Disable the Silly WiFi popup

I've had the One on Sprint for a couple of days now and there has been only one thing so far that has really been grinding my gears. It's this goofy WiFi popup that notifies you when you open an app if there's a Wifi network available. It's silly because there's always some open wifi network that will never work wherever you are so no matter what, if you are not on wifi, this popup appears. I recommend you disable it asap. Here's how:

Settings->Wi-Fi->Advanced (in the little menu drop down)-> Uncheck both 'Network notification' and 'Notify me'

It will save you some headache when you get the phone.
    Thanked by:
    Xsie 

Default Re: Disable the Silly WiFi popup

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    I've had the One on Sprint for a couple of days now and there has been only one thing so far that has really been grinding my gears. It's this goofy WiFi popup that notifies you when you open an app if there's a Wifi network available. It's silly because there's always some open wifi network that will never work wherever you are so no matter what, if you are not on wifi, this popup appears. I recommend you disable it asap. Here's how:

Settings->Wi-Fi->Advanced (in the little menu drop down)-> Uncheck both 'Network notification' and 'Notify me'

It will save you some headache when you get the phone.
    does the same thing on my Evo 3D really not a big deal to me i just swipe it away. You can also just turn off wifi when you are out and know you wont be using it. I will be picking up some nfc tags to put around my house to automatically do it for me
    Sent from Jupiter... Yes Jupiter

Quote Originally Posted by ksavaiano View Post
    does the same thing on my Evo 3D really not a big deal to me i just swipe it away. You can also just turn off wifi when you are out and know you wont be using it. I will be picking up some nfc tags to put around my house to automatically do it for me
    Holy hell you can do this? I haven't looked into NFC at all really because none of my friends have NFC capable phones. But this is just a hugely badass idea...

Quote Originally Posted by stopsign002 View Post
    Holy hell you can do this? I haven't looked into NFC at all really because none of my friends have NFC capable phones. But this is just a hugely badass idea...
    Yeah i didnt know you could do it either till a few weeks ago! you can buy NFC stickers and program them with your phone. So you could put one on your door you leave through your house everyday and you can program in with 2 profiles. tap your phone to it on the way out and you can set it to automatically turn off wifi, turn on data, and turn screen brightness up or do whatever you want it to! and then when you get home tap it to the same NFC tag and itll turn wifi on, data off, and screen brightness down or whatever you set up! At night you can place one by bed and set it to turn on an alarm and turn the sound off until morning! the power of NFC! you can also get nfc business cards where you touch your phone to it and it adds the info directly to contacts and takes you to the company website!
    Thanked by 2:
    KoukiFC3S and lt thistle like this.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

You've been able to do this forever... on iOS, on Android... for a very long time. Do you guys not poke through all your settings? That's the first thing I do when I get any new device or software! See what I can customize to my preferences
    Russ Smith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    You've been able to do this forever... on iOS, on Android... for a very long time. Do you guys not poke through all your settings? That's the first thing I do when I get any new device or software! See what I can customize to my preferences
    yeah but the beauty of NFC is that its all automatically done when you touch your phone to the tag

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts

NFC can be pretty useful I have a few tags set up 1 for when I get home to turn on my wifi and turn off my BT and one is the car to do the opposite. I wonder if the One requires the screen to be open to use NFC. If it does I'll need to change that.

Where does one get these NFC tags?
    Would-be Doc

ROM
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Where does one get these NFC tags?

These are the ones I use. The free companion app is also incredibly well done.