Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree186Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hatchex View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using it before but never paying attention to it lol. I'll see if I can make better use of it now
    I'd recommend GSam Battery Monitor, it's got the best interface and details in my opinion, there is a free version but I ended up buying the Pro version.

BetterBatteryStats is also good but it's a paid app and to maximise it's use you need to root your device in order to get the more advanced data.

Finally, I also use an interesting app called Carat, it gives you a standardised score on your battery life based on their data, when I first got my HTC One my score was 80 but after the 4.3 update and the increased standby drain, it's dropped down to 65!

Hope those app recommendations are helpful do share with us your stats!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mpanju7 View Post
    I'd recommend GSam Battery Monitor, it's got the best interface and details in my opinion, there is a free version but I ended up buying the Pro version.

BetterBatteryStats is also good but it's a paid app and to maximise it's use you need to root your device in order to get the more advanced data.

Finally, I also use an interesting app called Carat, it gives you a standardised score on your battery life based on their data, when I first got my HTC One my score was 80 but after the 4.3 update and the increased standby drain, it's dropped down to 65!

Hope those app recommendations are helpful do share with us your stats!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the suggestion! I actually just installed gsam. Will post after a day. And hope that 4.3 update battery drain gets fixed... I'm still on 4.1 lol

All i know is a normal htc one unit should get about 3-5 hours of screen time to deplete the battery depending on the usage of the user.
    I get about 5 hours of screen time.
    My settings:
    Wifi always on
    Mobile Data always off
    Brightness auto
    power saver off
    bluetooth off
    beats audio on

Quote Originally Posted by htconelover136 View Post
    All i know is a normal htc one unit should get about 3-5 hours of screen time to deplete the battery depending on the usage of the user.
    I get about 5 hours of screen time.
    My settings:
    Wifi always on
    Mobile Data always off
    Brightness auto
    power saver off
    bluetooth off
    beats audio on
    Isnt mobile data used for MMS like to send pics etc? With it being turned off it disables sending pics or am i wrong? Im still learning lol

im exactly on the same page.

Trying to fix this.

4.3 battery drain is ruining my love for this phone.
    Gator352 and decypher44 like this.

I'm seeing improved battery life on 4.3.

Hy all.
    I have a posible problem with my battery. Please look at the screenshots:

HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_1.png HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_8.png
    HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_2.png HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_3.png
    HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion-screenshot_7.png

Setup is:
    - wifi = off
    - mobile data = off
    - location = off
    - sync apps = off
    - brightness = manual set to 30%
    - android 4.2.2 (stock)
    - carrier = T-Mobile (M7)
    - hard reset = done 2 times (no apps installed beside GSAM and WakeLock detector)
    - power saver = on/off (not much of an impact)

What could it be? Should I return the phone?

If you're not on a 4G plan or coverage area, switch off LTE otherwise it kills the battery searching for the signal that isn't there. Mine was running dry in under 12 hours but after switching that setting off get 24 hours between charges now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAnthony View Post
    If you're not on a 4G plan or coverage area, switch off LTE otherwise it kills the battery searching for the signal that isn't there. Mine was running dry in under 12 hours but after switching that setting off get 24 hours between charges now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Network mode is GSM only! I returned the phone so they can look what is going on. I`ll keep u up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    I'm seeing improved battery life on 4.3.
    Same here. Great battery life so far and that's after under 24 hours of updating to 4.3. Should be better after a few days...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free

Those energy apps change polling intervals and are a waste of time. Usually they do more harm and use more battery power.

Also please stop installing advanced task killer. I have customers coming in all the time complaining about missed texts and calls and I simply uninstall that app and everything works fine. These are advanced Android devices not original droids from 2008!

Posted via VzW HTC One
    Gator352, mpanju7 and MoshuXXL like this.

Hi everyone.
    First time Android user here.Using HTC One 4.2.2(dual sim).
    Surprisingly my phone is charging quicker than I hoped(from what I was expecting after reading here)--80-90 mins for a jump from 20 to 100 percent flat in a switched-on idle state.
    The discharge rate,however,is quick too-- crashing 10 to 15 percent in 1 hour 20 mins of casual texting(5 messages) and and about 10 songs played,(even with Airplane mode onafter texting),though in the idle discharging state it loses about 4-6 percent when kept idle overnight(12 hours) no wifi,sim,etc. but airplane mode off)
    So I checked the battery usage stats after 15 mins of regular no-sim,no-sd card,airplane mode use ,and well--HTC sense is using up 45 percent,android only 7 percent and idle state discharge is 18 percent.
    Hope this gives some insight into dual-sim battery behaviour and if some has an idea as to why Sense is taking up so much battery even for just browsing through the app drawer and settings,please let me know.
    Thanked by:
    Ngster 

I have just updated my HTC One XL to 4.2 and battery life is terrible. I can see the percentage going down whilst using it. It also takes ages to recharge. I hope they fix this soon.

2h 40m of regular social media usage (Twitter, Path, Instagram, a little browsing, AC Forums), without game, or other audio/video entertainment, took 20% of my battery. Is it normal?

If I play heavy games such as Real Racing 3 or Madden NFL, it took 10% of my battery every 10 minutes. I am not using Beats Audio enchancement. Is it normal?

I am using autobrightness setting, Mobile Data On, Beats Audio Off, and Power Saver Off. And I still running on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my HTC One

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi i really need your help my HTC one went off by it self when it shows i have only 2 percent battery left.I was on my way home and by the time i got to the house the phone was already off by itself i try to charge but is not coming not even the red light is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay DaBoy View Post
    Hi i really need your help my HTC one went off by it self when it shows i have only 2 percent battery left.I was on my way home and by the time i got to the house the phone was already off by itself i try to charge but is not coming not even the red light is showing.
    Make sure charger works, place it on charge, wait a couple minutes then hold down power for 30 seconds, then release

Thank goodness for this thread. I too was concerned about battery life. I purchased juice defender ultimate and did notice an improvement in battery life but I found it still wanting compared to my old iPhone. I also remember reading about battery saver being a great resource and assumed it was turned on by the blue showing. By reading people's battery stats on here I realised by looking at mine that my battery saver was Off DOH. I must say the way on off looks on these things quite confusing if you're used to Apple.

not saying this is a do all fix all, but it seems to have worked for me. I use my phone moderately. Good does of texts, not many phone calls, checking facebook, vine, instagram. I was getting to work at 7 and using it and by 2 or 3 i would have to plug it in again. I would use GSAM and it would say my radio is using over 67 - 70 percent. So i got in touch with HTC support and got two tips

Charged my phone overnight with the phone off. Turned it on and held down the volume down button when i got to the HTC start up screen. It will put your phone into safe mode ( you can use all your other stock apps that come with phone, but any 3rd party apps you downloaded for the app store you wont see).
    2.) was told to double tap home button and you see recent apps. Every so often get in the habit of closing these out bc they are still running.

Took phone off charger at 6 :30 am and it is now 2:40pm. My phone has been running for exactly 8 hours and 21 minutes and I have 65 % of my battery ( mainly for texting and doing checking my usual apps) BTW not in safe mode. Tried it the rest of yesterday and got tired of it. So all you do is power down and turn back on.

Also installed the new 4.4 launcher, Hangout with integrated MMS support and 4.4 keyboard. Idk if that has anything to do with it, but its fast!

Hey Guys, Been using the phone for 3 months now and I do have a battery issue as well...
    I cant last with the phone for even 8 Hours.. People here are getting 12-14.. If I get that much... I will be happy
    I do alot of texting and music and thats basically it.. nothing more than that.. I just wanna be able to get better battery life.. and if there is any more ways
    please tell.. My battery goes down 1% every 2-3 minute and I am getting very less usage out of it.. I am planning to reset the phone and charge the phone over night and I will tell you guys how that goes.. Please.. any more solutions.. please tell..

Another thing.. It shows that my android system uses 83% I know thats not normal..
    Please help.. Thanks. <3

My phone is almost a month old. I've ran cyanogen mod 10.2 and now I'm running Android revolution 31.0. I have been getting an average of around 14 hours of battery life in every rom I've used. I'm usually listening to music (on device and streaming) , on Facebook and texting all day from work. Plus I always seem to be in the play store. So I would say I'm a moderately heavy user. In days when I barely use the phone I've gotten as much as 24+ hours and still had juice left. I only use the power saver built in the phone. I bought juice defender but I really don't like how it works, and when i did use it it didn't seem to make that much of an improvement. I've been very happy with battery life.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

For anyone who is having poor battery issues here is my personal findings that have slowed my fast drain.
    1 turn off 4g if you're not in a 4g area
    2 use power save and set turn off data while screen off.
    3 uninstall any alleged battery saving apps, I found snap dragon guru to be constantly waking my phone.
    4 turn off Google now when not required.
    5 manage your auto sync settings manually.
    6 turn off locations
    7 use WiFi where possible.

IMHO most of those settings you can live with without compromising functionality. I hope this helps someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Divito View Post
    For anyone who is having poor battery issues here is my personal findings that have slowed my fast drain.
    1 turn off 4g if you're not in a 4g area
    2 use power save and set turn off data while screen off.
    3 uninstall any alleged battery saving apps, I found snap dragon guru to be constantly waking my phone.
    4 turn off Google now when not required.
    5 manage your auto sync settings manually.
    6 turn off locations
    7 use WiFi where possible.

IMHO most of those settings you can live with without compromising functionality. I hope this helps someone out.

Turning off all these things, affects a lot of functionality, and you should not have to turn off things like location and 4g to improve battery life. What's the point of having beast phone if you turn off all the core features.
    Here's how I have mine and pulling 4.5-7 hours of screen on time: auto brightness, 4g always on, WiFi always on, Bluetooth on, NFC on, GPS on ( but location history under maps setting off- thats what found to kill the battery the most).
    Stock Rom, not rooted. If you have bad signal strength/ slow network connection, that can run down your battery very quickly.

decypher44, spewak and rozroz like this.

Mine is operating normally, I suppose. I usually charge in the evening, fully charge at around 00.00 am , it decreases 7-8 % when it is 8:00 am (average down 1% per hour => I wonder it is the same with other HTC one or not?). If I just texting and sometimes check apps/update... I still got 65% at 9:00 pm. Using 4.2.2, not room/root - I am technology dummy => if I don't pay much attention and time on the phone, my HTC can run one day and a half (or may be 2 days)

My status is:
    - Wifi on 24/24
    - Apps on
    - No mobile data/4g
    - Screen resolution adjust to 30-40%
    - Turn off power safe
    - Use Juice Defender (haven't seen much whether the app works or not)

we do not have LTE yet, so what do i have to tick off in the settings?
    right now i'm on option 2 in network mode: (GSM/ WCDMA auto).
    should i even go for option 1? (GMS only?)
    what do they use here in Israel FFS? most of the time i have this the small H letter with the small arrows at the network icon.
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132 ... LastLast