HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't get your hopes high about the next Nexus. Get the phone you like and a battery pack.

I hear you but the only problem with that is I'm not using contract carriers so its $650 for the Htc one. The nexus 4 is the cheapest but worst battery life, the iphone 5 is too small and the Htc one is best but it's just a few hundred short of a grand and i can't spend that kind of cash on a phone. And it negates any savings you would have by switching to an mvno in the first place.

Ive actually just heard that the nexus 5 is going to be around the $500 mark as well so it's definitely not going to be a budget friendly phone as the nexus 4. In the end i may just have to end up waiting until the htc one is $150-$200 as is what I did with my evo 3d.

viiper

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it should take the HTC one to charge mine only charges up 1% every 5 minutes

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it should take the HTC one to charge mine only charges up 1% every 5 minutes

Need more context. At 96% mine does the same thing but otherwise no.

Takes about 2 hours to get to 96% and another hour for the remaining 4%.

Posted via Android Central App

kriss_am

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Mine takes about 3/4hours to charge from 5% to 100%. It charges quicker if my phone is turned off..

I'm kind of concerned after reading the posts. Majority of you guys are getting a hell lot of battery life whilst 85% of battery only gives me 7hours usage. And that's with light usage (texting/reading stuff). Is this normal? Bit worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
my battery is killing it so far today. this is with normal sunday use for me...some web, some text, emails, phone, a couple of pictures. i did use google maps to try and find a chevron, but i left the 'GPS satellites' box unticked. this is the end of my third week with the HTC ONE. the battery seems to be improving. but i am also spending less time tweaking and playing with it each day...and less time worrying about power.

i use no power management apps. i never tick the 'power saver' box...and my screen is set to 50% brightness, not auto.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-21-15-47-23-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-21-15-47-23-1.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 56

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
my battery hasn't been bad

I have battery guru, actually I just installed it today, I have power saver mode on an auto brightness n I do alot of textn and surfing

oh ya I unchecked satellite too

Attachments

• 1374463481714.jpg
    1374463481714.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:

MiguelZarz

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have GPS off, network off (only been on Wi-Fi), made about five phone calls, and browsed the web for about two hours on and off.
My battery improved when I stopped synching apps I don't use. I use the Sprint zone program to disable them, but it should be available on settings

http://i.imgur.com/m6uxDIQ.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

T_Saunders

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I just got my phone replaced by T-Mobile through mail and haven't even turned it on yet. What's the best thing I should do at this point for the battery?!

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha good one. I decided to stick it on the charger and will not set it up nor use it 8-9 hours from now. I just don't want the same problems to re occur.

I recall that lithium-ion batteries used to come with a suggestion to not charge them fully until you had discharged them down to under 10% for the first few times. Don't know if this is helps battery life or not but I've never had any problems.

andylau09

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of concerned after reading the posts. Majority of you guys are getting a hell lot of battery life whilst 85% of battery only gives me 7hours usage. And that's with light usage (texting/reading stuff). Is this normal? Bit worried.

Most of us have turned off a lot of features manually, what is your setting? Have you rooted your phone? Show us your battery stats so that we know what's going on.
Try better battery stats and GSam Battery Monitor. Post some screenshots so that we can help you out with that.

nenads

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
When you read all does nice reports there is:
  • 13h talk
  • 10h video
  • 10h web

But how? do we/i have defected batteries or they test it with screen not on all the time. Here is my little test

• Everithing is off (GPS, BT, Localization, Gogole now...) (Airplane mode)
  • Volume is 50%
  • Screen is at lowest setting

Then i connect to WIFI and play ("Armagedon movie" from youtube) and i get 4:30-5h. Basicly just having screen on i can't get more then 5h, so how do they get 10h ?

kriss_am

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Most of us have turned off a lot of features manually, what is your setting? Have you rooted your phone? Show us your battery stats so that we know what's going on.
Try better battery stats and GSam Battery Monitor. Post some screenshots so that we can help you out with that.

I've turned of a lot of features off aswell, like having auto sync/Bluetooth off etc. I did briefly talk to HTC about my battery and they just gave me this link: http://blog.htc.com/2012/06/tips-n-tricks-for-improving-battery-life/ I've pretty much followed this, so yeah..
Nope, haven't rooted my phone.

These screenshots are of just now. I'm new to this so hopefully I screenshotted the right things lol.
+ is this normal then? Or is it the way I'm using the phone or even worse.. is it the battery?! Thank you in advance though :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374803762761.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374803762761.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374803780184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374803780184.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 56
  • uploadfromtaptalk1374803805562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374803805562.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 55

andylau09

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've turned of a lot of features off aswell, like having auto sync/Bluetooth off etc. I did briefly talk to HTC about my battery and they just gave me this link: http://blog.htc.com/2012/06/tips-n-tricks-for-improving-battery-life/ I've pretty much followed this, so yeah..
Nope, haven't rooted my phone.

These screenshots are of just now. I'm new to this so hopefully I screenshotted the right things lol.
+ is this normal then? Or is it the way I'm using the phone or even worse.. is it the battery?! Thank you in advance though :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mine can do a lot better than yours... What's your screen brightness setting? Charge your phone to 100% again, then show us the battery stat, that would be more accurate. You have turned on your battery saving mode... It should be able to do much better. I have attracted mine as a reference. My phone is rooted, running ARHD 12.2 ROM.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374828685.398061.jpg

kriss_am

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine can do a lot better than yours... What's your screen brightness setting? Charge your phone to 100% again, then show us the battery stat, that would be more accurate. You have turned on your battery saving mode... It should be able to do much better. I have attracted mine as a reference. My phone is rooted, running ARHD 12.2 ROM.View attachment 74834

At that time, my screen setting was at the lowest possible since it was pretty late. Does rooting your phone help your battery? 0_o
Plus your battery last ages! When you use your phone, do you tend to use it continuously? I'm on my phone a lot, so when I do use my phone, I use it for hours on end without breaks lol. But, yeah judging from my screenshots, what would you say is the problem, my way of using the phone or the battery? I'll upload screenshots of the new stats later on. Cheers again!

viiper

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm a heavy user like you I never get more than 6 hours on my phone it seems average looking at your screen on time I usually get 3 hours 45 minutes a lot of these screenshots with low battery have around 3-4 hours of screen on so ur battery is fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie