HTC One Battery Life/Stats Discussion

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I have no qualms with the battery. I can go all day if need be without plugging in. I just now, was called to dinner, I shut it off at 68 percent, 30 mins later, I turn it on and I'm at 95 percent. This was using the oem wall charger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Melvin1995

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has reallt disappointed me :/ Stating that Iam not a power user ,really annoys me :/ Basically whatsapp is the main cos of battery drain . I know this is an individual problem , so yeah help me please :/

Posted via Android Central App

Ahmedwow

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC one about a month ago and I am not satisfied with battery .
The least example is that 1:30 hours of music player and Wi-Fi on took 20% of battery :(

Is that bad ?

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That leaves you with 80 percent and 6 hrs of listening left. You decide if it's good or not. If you plug it in for a 1/2 hr, you'll pick up about 20 percent.

Sent from my One

gilbert26

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone battery life is really not good i can say and it is not lasting like 2 or 3 hours.In Finland country i have a friends their where she said that many of their batteries or akkuja are normally have and 2 or 3 hours life which is they say bad too cause many of batteries in some part of the world i think last to 4 to 5 hours.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Is that really true about Android devices? I was really planning to get one soon. But I heard people saying that it's not true as the battery stats depends on the applications you run at a time. I really don't download those many apps. Will my Android survive a good time if I have lesser apps there?
I have a Nexus 4, my wife has the HTC One, my kids have iPhone 5's. They all are very similar. It depends on which apps you are using. Games use more battery than general use. Some days I get 3 hours screen time, and other days 5 hours. It just depends. You will get similar results from all of these phones. The only ones that are better are the Note 2 and 3. And maybe the S4.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My One's battery life was excellent ever since day one. When I woke up this morning, it was 96%, then after 5-10 minutes it went down to 82% while idle. Never experienced that much depletion in battery life up until now. I always have Power Saver on. I have no idea if it's an app I recently downloaded or something else.

Attachments

• 2013-09-15 13.38.44.png
    2013-09-15 13.38.44.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 58

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Now it went down by 6% (72% to 66%) after only 7 minutes of playing a casual game. This is happening all of a sudden. Could it be a virus? I just played that game for the first time and look what suddenly popped up. When I scanned I got three viruses. Is it just an ad that I should ignore?

Attachments

• 2013-09-15 13.50.27.jpg
    2013-09-15 13.50.27.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-09-15 13.49.26.jpg
    2013-09-15 13.49.26.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 60

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
As a last resort you could reset to factory settings.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

It seems like it has gone back to normal. So weird. Plus, I have installed AVG AntiVirus and have scanned my phone and it turns out that it's virus-free.

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Idk what else to do. I have Power Saver on. Screen on auto brightness ( like I always have on all my phones). Havent really done much. 22% in 2 hours with minimal use is a bit much. It was never this draining on any other phone that I owned (except the brief stunt I had with a GS2 way back when). :/

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1379347341457.jpg
    1379347341457.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 57

MoshuXXL

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Something is draining your battery. Watch your wakelocks. Sometimes the Google apps do that. As a last resort do a backup and reset to factory settings.

xmaxonx

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got this phone a few days ago, loving it so far. Here's what my battery life is looking like so far...

CNXudmr.jpg

Aaronhunt

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
HTC one battery is showing good performance, as once you charge it it will work for 1.5 day complete with some battery left of 3 hours.
And the performace of htc is also good, it is easy to operate and anyone can handle.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i tend to stay out of these threads now that i've had my phone for a couple of months. but i learned something new over the past week that i thought i should share. first, let me say i mostly find these battery life threads a bit ludicrous since we all have different phones with different apps, different settings and different usage. but anyway here goes...

last week i was driving around, turned on my GPS (which i had read should be left off until needed to preserve battery), and accidentally left it on all day. my battery life improved. so i now leave it on all day every day.

also, i noticed my screen was a little bright so i set it to auto (i never use auto brightness adjust, but i have read many suggestions that using it will extend battery life). my battery life suffered. so i went back to manual setting and simply lowered it a few per cent.

that's it. my suggestions to anyone looking for better battery life are to leave your GPS on and manually set you screen brightness. simple.

oh here was today's performance...

PS i also use no energy management apps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-18-22-20-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-18-22-20-42.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 74

bgpmpn191

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering what you guys think of these stats. I personally don't think it's that great just because this wasn't my normal use.
Let me know what you think or info you need to suggest anything that I haven't done to enhance my battery life.

Btw...
I have power saver on
I use wifi majority of the time
My screen brightness is on auto
No settings for vibrate
Volume lowered
Disabled useless apps that came pre-installed
I also have juice defender (used settings from youtube video)

Juice Defender Ultimate Android App Review (Settings & Walkthrough) - YouTube

My Results:

View attachment 82935

View attachment 82936

View attachment 82937

View attachment 82938

Thanks in advance!!

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed an HTC One a few weeks back and I love the phone. I gave the battery some time to get some cycles and condition itself. Still, I'm not getting great battery life. I'm not a power user by any means but I can't get the phone to last through the day and if it can't do that, I can't use it.

I'm about to read through all the 680++ posts here, because that seems to be the only way to make sure that a small tip or trick buried somewhere in the thread might be the one I need. I just wanted to say that now that the thread has grown to this size, if one of you serious HTC One experts wanted to make a sticky with a summary of the major tips and tricks that have been revealed in this thread, it would be really helpful.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Grabbed an HTC One a few weeks back and I love the phone. I gave the battery some time to get some cycles and condition itself. Still, I'm not getting great battery life. I'm not a power user by any means but I can't get the phone to last through the day and if it can't do that, I can't use it.

I'm about to read through all the 680++ posts here, because that seems to be the only way to make sure that a small tip or trick buried somewhere in the thread might be the one I need. I just wanted to say that now that the thread has grown to this size, if one of you serious HTC One experts wanted to make a sticky with a summary of the major tips and tricks that have been revealed in this thread, it would be really helpful.

Yea I've had mine for 3 days now and that's my only complaint. Coming off the note 2 it may not be fair to this phone, but I have 10 more days to return it if I'm not getting satisfactory results... I kinda don't want the note 3 because of its size. It got old to me (note 2) and i really like the feel of the One.. but i may have to reconsider... Battery life is a top priority

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app