This "phone" is EVERYTHING.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
OK. We get it. You have bad taste in tech. You don't need to keep posting on a thread, putting down what's clearly a great device to express your dissatisfaction in being born with such a tiny pen!s. If you prefer Samsung's inferior displays, crap-plastic build, and irrelevant-for-2013 removable memory and battery, then settle for less and be happy with it. Smarter folk will stick with HTC and enjoy having a superior device. Here endeth the lesson.

Why do you know how big his d?ck is?

The S4 has a higher clocked processor, bigger batter, better camera in decent lighting, has the potential for twice as much storage, Gorilla Glass 3, a screen that works with gloves, and ships with the latest version of Android out of the box. It'll probably also receive more and quicker updates.

They're both really nice phones and there isn't a conclusive best device. It depends if you want a premium looking/feeling phone with amazing speakers and a great low-light camera or all the things mentioned above. "Smarter folk" don't assume their opinion is best for everyone.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't possibly imagine why you'd think 10 gig for an OS is excessive. You should install Windows 8, in it's default configuration it takes up 40 gigs. Considering Android is more secure and has to manage more hardware with less power, it's pretty impressive.

That's not what the OS is using. That is including the OS AIUI. It has a total disk size of 54.1GB. I used 37GB for Music and there is now 16GB left. My understanding was that the OS was on the internal RAM. There is some stuff loaded on the additional storage but it's only a little over a 1GB in size.

ugahairydawgs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not EVERYTHING. I just noticed that my 64GB only has 54GB's of space. That's 15% overhead. Is everybody's like that?

Sounds about right. My 64GB iPhone has about 59GB of free space out of the box and that's with iOS. Got to figure the OS HTC is loading on their phones is a bit more beefy.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Everybody crying about the non removable battery and the no sdcard. Need to know that there are a whole lot of phones like that. Like the millions of iPhone and Nexus 4.

I haven't made up my mind if I'm leaving Verizon. T-mobile barely has coverage in the part of Charlotte I live in. And now Sprint will have LTE here. Also don't know if I want the HTC One or the S4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

inertianinja

May 10, 2012
Visit site
WTF is that supposed to mean? I love the phone, but that's ridiculous. After transferring my music I'm down to 16GB's. Considering I forked out an extra Benji for the extra space I'm definitely not happy about losing 10GB's of space.

I think it's kind of amazing that we now live in a world where 54GB of space on a smartphone isn't enough. not to troll you, but what did you do a few years ago when this much space wasn't available?

Mark1Matrix

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I use the DirecTV DVR on my tuner and this app rocks. I initially though there was no guide control until I saw the innocuous guide button on the bottom of the screen. It brought up the remote functionality that allows me to use the guide features of my original remote. I set up four systems in 10 minutes. Way cool!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everybody crying about the non removable battery and the no sdcard. Need to know that there are a whole lot of phones like that. Like the millions of iPhone and Nexus 4.

I haven't made up my mind if I'm leaving Verizon. T-mobile barely has coverage in the part of Charlotte I live in. And now Sprint will have LTE here. Also don't know if I want the HTC One or the S4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sprint LTE is worse than 3G from the other three carriers.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's kind of amazing that we now live in a world where 54GB of space on a smartphone isn't enough. not to troll you, but what did you do a few years ago when this much space wasn't available?

This is getting out of hand. I simply replied to this thread as a lark because it said it's "EVERYTHING". I had just notice this and was a little bummed and wanted to post about it.

That said, I want what I pay for. It's not even close to being a deal breaker for me. I love the phone. I was also wondering if others with 64Gb's had the same issue. Actually the biggest gripe I have right now is that it seems I have to hit the home and back buttons several times before they respond. Not sure if it's something I need to get better at / used to or it's a real bug with the phone.

And what did I do on my EVO 3D with a 32GB SD card? I put fewer albums on it :)

brivayla

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
From the beginning of my Android experience It's always been HTC... Hero to be exact. Next was the evo 4g then the 3d. This phone by far in my opinion is the best that HTC has put out and is what all android phones should be modeled after. Gs4 design=fail imo.
:)

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This is getting out of hand. I simply replied to this thread as a lark because it said it's "EVERYTHING".

I was obviously being a bit exaggerated lol.
But I'm still absolutely loving this thing. I do wish it had system wide Emojis and an alternate way to turn on the screen, but those are nitpicks.

aidogz

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The S3 was a more refined product compared to the One X. Now, HTC has caught up and both the One and the S4 are brilliant and refined. The One X may have left a bitter taste in your mouth, but the One shouldn't be the same. I think both phones would do a great job for anyone, but for me, I can imagine sitting down with the One and using Blinkfeed, adoring the design and enjoying Beats Audio. However, I don't think many people will use the S4 'value adds', nor will they adore the plastic design or have much to brag about when compared to the S3 or the One. My moneys going towards the One when my contract expires, but both these phones would be excellent.

Note: This post is in reply to Darkoman4. Sorry for the incorrect format!

aidogz

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am really, really torn between One and S4. I have upgrade available on May 7th and have to decide by than. Last year I opted for One X and later wished I had gone with S3 instead. Now I might chose S4 and later be sorry I didn't pick HTC One. I don't know.

The S3 was a more refined product compared to the One X. Now, HTC has caught up and both the One and the S4 are brilliant and refined. The One X may have left a bitter taste in your mouth, but the One shouldn't be the same. I think both phones would do a great job for anyone, but for me, I can imagine sitting down with the One and using Blinkfeed, adoring the design and enjoying Beats Audio. However, I don't think many people will use the S4 'value adds', nor will they adore the plastic design or have much to brag about when compared to the S3 or the One. My moneys going towards the One when my contract expires, but both these phones would be excellent.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The thing that bothers me is that the usable screen is smaller than the S3/S4.
The icons on the botton take space away from screen.
Oh, the menu and back buttons are backwards too.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty incredible when you think about it. Technology is moving so fast. I remember when I had a 386 computer with 4mb of ram and a 120mb hd that was partitioned. My friend told me I would never fill it up. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is getting out of hand. I simply replied to this thread as a lark because it said it's "EVERYTHING". I had just notice this and was a little bummed and wanted to post about it.

That said, I want what I pay for. It's not even close to being a deal breaker for me. I love the phone. I was also wondering if others with 64Gb's had the same issue. Actually the biggest gripe I have right now is that it seems I have to hit the home and back buttons several times before they respond. Not sure if it's something I need to get better at / used to or it's a real bug with the phone.

And what did I do on my EVO 3D with a 32GB SD card? I put fewer albums on it :)
You must have a sweet music collection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Beany2055

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
It is cool but it also sort of sucks. For my DVR there's no guide button and no way to add it. It's the button I use most and not having it on there makes the app useless.

I programmed the 'menu' button to enter the guide. If your like me you practically never use the setup menu anyway.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
From the beginning of my Android experience It's always been HTC... Hero to be exact. Next was the evo 4g then the 3d. This phone by far in my opinion is the best that HTC has put out and is what all android phones should be modeled after. Gs4 design=fail imo.
:)

This is my experience as well, except I also had the 4G LTE. After having some software problems on that, I swapped it to a refurbished Galaxy S3. While that's a great phone, I just never felt comfortable with the feel of the phone. Also, having 2 SD cards destroyed didn't help much, either.

In the past, I always seemed to think Samsung had software that worked, HTC had the better hardware, and I wished I could find a combination of the two. While it's too early to know about the software, I'm hoping my One may be my wish come true!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21