Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Talk, Text, and Web at same time?

Can anyone of Sprint confirm if you can talk on the phone and surf the web, texts, and use apps at the same time like you could do on the EVO LTE? If someone could please reply quickly as I have one being held for me at the sprint store and not being able to might be a deal breaker for me. Thank you so much in advance.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: Talk, Text, and Web at same time?

Your EVO shouldn't have done that unless on Wifi. You can for sure talk and text at the same time.

Edit: it works on 4G - no idea about 3G. I learned something today.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Can anyone of Sprint confirm if you can talk on the phone and surf the web, texts, and use apps at the same time like you could do on the EVO LTE? If someone could please reply quickly as I have one being held for me at the sprint store and not being able to might be a deal breaker for me. Thank you so much in advance.
    Also - GET IT!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So the One works on 4G? My EVO LTE can do it on wifi and also on 3g or 4g.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Here is my situation. The woman at the sprint store is holding me one even though I didn't pre order. I will have to pay 275 to upgrade now because I am only a year in to my evo lte contract. The will give me 100 for me evo lte and 45 for me evo 3d. Then I can but the one with a new two year agreement for 199. My total cost will be around 340ish. My question to you is, Is it worth it?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

P.S. 4G is non existent by me right now in central NJ.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I am not sure. I would imagine since it's browsing and talking on my phone on 4G it would do the same on 3G. I guess I never tried. I love the phone and sense 5. See if a staff member has one there to try if it's a huge deal. Sorry I can't help more. I just got 4G yesterday and now it's being a real pain to help you out! Hahaha

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

My question to you is, Is it worth it?
    And I can't really tell you if it is worth it. I love the phone and got it without the upgrade. I love it and it is DEFINITELY a head turner. The TV stuff is great, the speakers are better than the current gen. mac book pro, and I really like the camera. Use it a bit and decide for yourself if it is worth it. I can't really tell you if it's going to add a bunch to your life or anything, but I imagine if you liked the EVO LTE, you'll love this phone.

I know on the TMO bands, 3G talking and internet is not possible. I think this would include text, but definitely internet browsing while talking is out. That is one of the advantages of 4G.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you for taking the time man. Appreciate it. I think I am going to go get it right now, ha.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Thank you for taking the time man. Appreciate it. I think I am going to go get it right now, ha.
    Also nj is gonna start work soon check out s4gru.com

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I am pretty sure I remember Phil Nickinson mentioning here in the forums or on his review of the Sprint One, that it can NOT use data on 3G and talk at the same time. You can at the same time when on 4G or WiFi. My apologies for not site the exact link where I remember him mentioning it, but I have read about everything I can about this phone, especially the Sprint version, as I have pre-ordered one. I also remember him saying some thing about it being a feature on the EVO LTE and other early LTE phones, but has since not been a feature of any new phone.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Oh damn, right as I was reaching for my keys you drop that bomb on me, haha. I wonder if it should be a deal breaker for me. I spend most of the time in wifi anyway. I guess I can deal with it until 4G is implemented in my area. Thank you for the info.

I had the Thunderbolt which could and It depends on whether there are separate 3g and 4g radios. If they are separate it probably can. If they share then its only 4g.

I used to surf the web and talk on the phone on my EVO LTE on 3G and 4G so I assume the One can do it to, although I havent tried yet

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Your EVO shouldn't have done that unless on Wifi. You can for sure talk and text at the same time.
    When I had the EVO LTE I was able to talk/surf while on 3G.

The Sprint HTC One can do simultaneous voice and LTE data (SVLTE,) it cannot do simultaneous voice and 3G data (SVDO.)

The EVO 4G LTE could do both SVLTE and SVDO because the radios supported it.
    Thanked by: