Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Contact Picture Issue

Hi guys, don't know if this will help anyone or its been solved already, but when i got my HTC One i noticed that whenever i made a photo pic for a contact through my HTC phone all the time the pics would be stretched after cropping etc, really annoying. So tried through my google account on my PC and it would sync to my phone (all high res images) but would have that crazy grid thing everyone was talking about. So i installed an app called ''contact photo sync'' and through the app and my gallery i would assign pics for my contacts, and it uploads to picasa or something and syncs with my google account etc bla bla bla, and now all my contact pics are high res, full screen when called, no grid, or stretched etc. And its staying that way. Hope it helps everyone else P.S. had an iPhone 5 and moved to this, never looking back...only annoying thing is games still lag (had iPhone 3GS, 4 Galaxy S2, S3, IPhone 5, now HTC One) e.g. Real Racing 3, glad they have graphics settings, set it to medium, smooth as butter, just wish they would optimise games for hardware or all put graphics settings to work on a range of hardware. Sorry the last bit isn't relevant to the topic. Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Prime1981 View Post
    Hi guys, don't know if this will help anyone or its been solved already, but when i got my HTC One i noticed that whenever i made a photo pic for a contact through my HTC phone all the time the pics would be stretched after cropping etc, really annoying. So tried through my google account on my PC and it would sync to my phone (all high res images) but would have that crazy grid thing everyone was talking about. So i installed an app called ''contact photo sync'' and through the app and my gallery i would assign pics for my contacts, and it uploads to picasa or something and syncs with my google account etc bla bla bla, and now all my contact pics are high res, full screen when called, no grid, or stretched etc. And its staying that way. Hope it helps everyone else P.S. had an iPhone 5 and moved to this, never looking back...only annoying thing is games still lag (had iPhone 3GS, 4 Galaxy S2, S3, IPhone 5, now HTC One) e.g. Real Racing 3, glad they have graphics settings, set it to medium, smooth as butter, just wish they would optimise games for hardware or all put graphics settings to work on a range of hardware. Sorry the last bit isn't relevant to the topic. Have a nice day
    The way to solve within google contacts is to make a favorite. Then it will sync hi res. Then you can unfavorite if you wish.

But this sounds like a good app as well. Maybe easier.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Anyone find a more EFFICIENT way to resolve this? It's freaking annoying especially when contact photos are pixelated and cropped weird. I love the HTC One but this is a stupid problem which other phones including the Galaxy S4 or iPhone don't have.

Thanks
    Macbook Air 13" 2013 | iMac 27' 2011 | iPhone 5s 64GB | Nexus 5 32GB
    visit me at www.thegeeksoffice.com

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post
    Anyone find a more EFFICIENT way to resolve this? It's freaking annoying especially when contact photos are pixelated and cropped weird. I love the HTC One but this is a stupid problem which other phones including the Galaxy S4 or iPhone don't have.

Thanks
    If you find something let us know. Meanwhile making a contact a favorite and loading a new photo in contacts within gmail on the PC works. It is a one time thing so it isn't that big of a deal. Since mine are already fixed, I don't want to spend time searching for a better solution that may or may not exist.

Guys, there is a trick to re-size and use contact image other than what HTC One puts there by default (Facebook pix if you have it linked) that does NOT require removing Gmail account as described earlier in this thread. Open your contact info, tap on the picture which will enlarge it and tap again which will shrink it back to original size but somehow that triggers the phone to update the image by downloading big photo, which gets rid of pixeled photo and replaces it with high quality photo. If that doesn't work, repeat several times. Some pictures may not improve much, my guess is due to the picture that was used in Facebook was not high quality to start with. Make sure you have WiFi connection if in Contact Settings you checked "Download contact big photo via wifi only" box. To change that tap on three vertical dots in the top right corner of the main Contacts screen and tap on setting, then un-check the box.
    When you enlarge the picture in the bottom right corner you should see a little white icon that looks like a camera with 2 round arrows circling clock wise. Tapping on it once should bring up "Select contact photo" menu that allows you to pick an image from any of the accounts that are linked (provided that you have more that one) under this particular contact - Google, Facebook, LinkedIn or Skype as well as from Phone, Gallery or Camera. The downside is that you will have to go thru this process for every contact entry you have, but I was ok with that since I didn't want to use images only from Google or any other account exclusively anyways. Hope that helps - it way not be a universal solution for everyone, but since I'm new to Android like many of us in this forum and I spend so much time trying to figure out various Android issues I thought I'd share. Good Luck!
    Last edited by palychnick; 06-14-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Read this folks. This explains it.

I have had this problem on EVERY android phone I've owned. The ONLY way to correct it is to store your contact pics locally on your phone and set them on your phone. Make sure you uncheck contacts sync in Google sync settings on phone, otherwise it will re-sync downgrading the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

Read this folks. This explains it.

I have had this problem on EVERY android phone I've owned. The ONLY way to correct it is to store your contact pics locally on your phone and set them on your phone. Make sure you uncheck contacts sync in Google sync settings on phone, otherwise it will re-sync downgrading the pics.
    No, it is solved elsewhere in this thread. if the process listed in the post above you doesn't work (which I haven't tried because mine are fine using the "favorite in android" method elsewhere in the thread).

Quote Originally Posted by raziel View Post

Thanks
    The S4 does this as well. It is not only related to the One. I have both phones....it's not a phone issue. It's a Google issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    No, it is solved elsewhere in this thread. if the process listed in the post above you doesn't work (which I haven't tried because mine are fine using the "favorite in android" method elsewhere in the thread).
    I'll try it (post above mine) and report back. But my jist so far is that it gives high rez photo's until it syncs again, then it's back to low rez.

Your way I'll try to. But I swear I've done this before....

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I'll try it (post above mine) and report back. But my jist so far is that it gives high rez photo's until it syncs again, then it's back to low rez.

Your way I'll try to. But I swear I've done this before....
    I dud the favorites method on the desktop gmail contacts long ago - and it hasn't reverted any of the pics.

Good luck and report back one way or another.

Pictures misplaced from gallery. Help find then.

Misplaced pictures. I want them back inthe gallery.

I think by putting your contacts onto your phone and un ticking sync from google contacts is the the only full proof way to fix the issue at the moment, tried putting the contacts in favourites but had no luck.

Please let me know once this bug is fixed.

Thanks

about this pixilling I have no problem with that ... my problem that I after I have sync my google contact by one or two day all my picture for contacts it gone ... no picture appear only my facbook contact pic is their .. what can I do... and I go to google account and make changes in contact and after sync. pic appear but for two day only then it gone again ... please help

it's not working for me either. I tried a huge picture on Exchange, synced and the pic changed to the new one but it's still had the dots. It seems like the only time it's not dots is when I take an actual photo from my phone. It's a pain. I wish HTC would just publish the mininum requirements or let us choose if we want it pixelated or not!

Hummmm, what about Exchange accounts?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123